ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ethereal Songs or Performance of Songs

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
I struggled, and I mean struggled over the past few days to title or define this thread. What am I talking about? Ethereal? I am talking, songs that just capture or take you somewhere, emotions just grab you, beatific or haunting, but just exudes some overwhelming emotion. Really hard to define, but they touch you. Not necessarily because of nostalgia or memories, but just because of the songs. I mean almost bring you to tears. To help define what I am talking about, this is the winner.....but I have more.

Ok...this always does it for me. Sarah McLaughlin/Tiesto mix “Silence”

I struggled, and I mean struggled over the past few days to title or define this thread. What am I talking about? Ethereal? I am talking, songs that just capture or take you somewhere, emotions just grab you, beatific or haunting, but just exudes some overwhelming emotion. Really hard to define, but they touch you. Not necessarily because of nostalgia or memories, but just because of the songs. I mean almost bring you to tears. To help define what I am talking about, this is the winner.....but I have more.

Apologies to all the other nominees, but this is, hands down, the winner.

Might not be exactly what you mean, but makes me cry every time I view it.

The National is my favorite band. Check out this live performance - September 2006 before they really made it big. Just a dinner with friends that turns into a mini-concert. I would give anything to have been there for that.

Yeah, big fan. I saw them in Cleveland a couple of years ago and at the Ampitheatre by the stadiums.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Yeah, big fan. I saw them in Cleveland a couple of years ago and at the Ampitheatre by the stadiums.

I met them on the street before a show in Richmond and they were awesome. Took a picture with me. Easily my favorite celebrity interaction (#2 was almost getting hit by Jagr's car at Southpoint in 1992 and him giving me an apology autograph).

Dreams by the Allman Brothers. Because I remember that the first review I ever read about it, the author said it was ethereal.

ADVERTISEMENT