ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Al Pacino Movie

Most disappointing? The Irishman. Which just completely lost me and I had such high hopes for it.
The thing to me that made The Irishman a joke, was when they took DiNiro and Pesci and put some makeup on them and tried to pretend they where 25 years old. It would have been better to just hire some younger guys that kind of looked like them for those scenes.

Heat is a great performance. Godfather he is a more subdued performance. I love scarface but it is so over the top in some ways. Same with the one where he plays the devil with Keanu. I also enjoy him in insomnia which is an underrated movie.
Being over the top is why Scarface is so good, perfect exaggerated 1980s cocaine/disco culture, right down to the costumes, the way they talk etc. But today, I'm sure they'd complain that it was cultural appropriation, and why didn't you caste a real Cuban, :) ?

Being over the top is why Scarface is so good, perfect exaggerated 1980s cocaine/disco culture, right down to the costumes, the way they talk etc. But today, I'm sure they'd complain that it was cultural appropriation, and why didn't you caste a real Cuban, :) ?
the bad guy in scarface is one of my top 3 all time creepy actors. the dude that plays shadow. i'll look up his name but damn if every character he doesnt play is just a vile, gross character. he was in the gone baby gone movie and he was like a coke head pedophile and it was pefect for him.

the all time #1 gross character is the dude in Fargo.. also was in Big Lebowski.. Peter Stormare.. just plays the dirt ball character to perfection..

the all time #1 gross character is the dude in Fargo.. also was in Big Lebowski.. Peter Stormare.. just plays the dirt ball character to perfection..
Ve cut off your Johnson Lebovski. Ve take your money! LOL

And he either looked like the Marlboro Man or he smoked a lot of Marlboros, kind of like a subconscious thing, Go Bears!

Ve cut off your Johnson Lebovski. Ve take your money! LOL

And he either looked like the Marlboro Man or he smoked a lot of Marlboros, kind of like a subconscious thing, Go Bears!
he was in some weird movie where the govt gets volunteers and puts them in some laboratory experiment without their knowledge and start killing them one at a time til the last person gets out. Weird movie, Timothy Hutton was in it. of course he was the cold, sadistic lab guy and again, perfect role for him..

the bad guy in scarface is one of my top 3 all time creepy actors. the dude that plays shadow. i'll look up his name but damn if every character he doesnt play is just a vile, gross character. he was in the gone baby gone movie and he was like a coke head pedophile and it was pefect for him.

Which one?? "The bad guy in Scarface". They were all bad guys. Are you talking about Sosa? Or Sosa's hitman? Because yes, the hitman was one of the creepiest and scariest looking dudes.

Which one?? "The bad guy in Scarface". They were all bad guys. Are you talking about Sosa? Or Sosa's hitman? Because yes, the hitman was one of the creepiest and scariest looking dudes.
lol, valid point. yeah, the hit man, the bald guy..

R.fc97b314b3b26cce88d90d7f2ef6f30b

just looked him up, he passed away. probably a nice guy in real life but if i saw him walking down the street, i'd cross the road.. that's the sign of a good character actor i guess. his character in gone baby gone actually makes me sick to my stomach.

Mark Margolis

He's still alive. Played a major bad guy in Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul (Hector Salamanca). He even managed to be intimidating in a wheelchair with no lines.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
He's still alive. Played a major bad guy in Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul (Hector Salamanca). He even managed to be intimidating in a wheelchair with no lines.
Holy Crap! That was him? I never put that together.

Godfather, for sure. How about "The Devil's Advocate"? He was wild in that one

Scent of a Woman. But just saw him in a movie that I didn't even know he was in till I watched it, where he played a lawyer who got a substantially reduced sentence for Axis Sally.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT