ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Favorite Sam Spence / NFL Films music

Yeah, but we had the Six Million Dollar Man on our side! I was very young but I thought it was the coolest that our coach was related to Johnny Majors. I found out years later that was not true, but as a little kid it was great knowledge.

Even in 1976 Steve Pederson was screwing with our name!

Reactions: Noah Bonner
I can imagine a lot of drunk people?

At Pitt in the 80s, a favorite drinking event was any football game with Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen. Whenever Merlin would say "Dick" you had to take a sip. If he'd say "that's right Dick" or "Yes, Dick" you had to down the whole beer.

Going along with how NFL Films is part of what separates them from other major sports leagues, there’s so many more iconic NFL music than there is for any other league.

NBA had the NBA on NBC theme, and the NHL had the Hockey Night in Canada theme, and someone can add a MLB song. That’s about all I can think of.

It just creates this euphoria that comes with watching a football game.
CBS had an NBA theme late 70s early 80s that i remember sounding vaguely like the theme from the show "Good Times" ... a disco-y, funky, gospel-y song. "You get the best in basketball/ when you watch the NBA/ when you watch the NBA on CBS "... then there was a fade out of a Good Timesque choir just alternating "NBA ... CBS ... NBA ... CBS ..." Corny, but obviously i must like corny, since I remember it...

CBS had an NBA theme late 70s early 80s that i remember sounding vaguely like the theme from the show "Good Times" ... a disco-y, funky, gospel-y song. "You get the best in basketball/ when you watch the NBA/ when you watch the NBA on CBS "... then there was a fade out of a Good Timesque choir just alternating "NBA ... CBS ... NBA ... CBS ..." Corny, but obviously i must like corny, since I remember it...
... actually I found the link to it. The first part is actually not like what i wrote at all, stunningly lame for about 30 secs, but kicks into what i describe after...

That’s way before my time so that’s probably why I hadn’t heard of it before. Seems like it fit the time period! I was tempted to add “Basketball” by Kurtis Blow.
Hah. Our high school played a scratchy recorded version of that song as our team took the court

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT