ADVERTISEMENT

OT: first half SB commercials

Sadly your first paragraph had a familiar ring to it.

But at least our guy can move his feet a little, if the right RPO plays ever get figured out by our new OC

This dude, he might have been exposed for good the last two weeks. LA might not make it back with him.

He's a robot and nothing more. You might as well put the helmet and pads on Timmy.

Ben is a winner and runs his own offense. Wake me up when Goff can do that without having his hand held by the coach.

The ads this year were a freakin joke. We live in an era where bud light has to talk about ingredients instead of funny ads like this

The ads this year were a freakin joke. We live in an era where bud light has to talk about ingredients instead of funny ads like this

I never drank Budweiser products because they are made with rice - I think that makes them taste horrible.

They should fix their own ingredients before complaining about their competition's.

I never drank Budweiser products because they are made with rice - I think that makes them taste horrible.

They should fix their own ingredients before complaining about their competition's.

I never thought about what's in beer that much? If you tell me a beer that I like is made with corn syrup, then SO WHAT? They kept pounding on that point as if it's some huge selling point that they don't have corn syrup? I suppose if I had diabetes that might matter to me, but I don't so it doesn't.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
A really stupid commercial was the one about the female football player going for a scholarship in football-looked like they had her as a DB, SORRY #metoo, NEVER going to happen! NEVER! At best you might get a walk on kicker every once in a while and let her miss an XP as a novelty act.

Reactions: brickfhouse
The Who’s performance was bad.

Best-
Prince, U2, Michael Jackson; as noted Springsteen and frankly lady Gaga killed last year.

Our girls were like 4 & 6 when Prince did the show, and me the wifey and girls were up and dancing in the living room, it was a blast.

I am a big U2 fan, and they hit just the right notes at the time.

Jackson was OK, but not epic.

Springsteen just did Springsteen and nailed it. And, I am not a huge Springsteen fan.

But, Katy Perry set the standard, and her Kissed a Girl bit with Kravitz will never be topped.

Who watches SB commercials?.
They're the worst ever with all the meaningless and PC messages.
When a SB commercial comes on its
time to take a break from the broadcast.

Who watches SB commercials?.
They're the worst ever with all the meaningless and PC messages.
When a SB commercial comes on its
time to take a break from the broadcast.
Where was the PC message in the Bud Light doesn't use Corn Syrup commercials?

The biggest JOKE PC message was the one about a girl being good enough to get a scholarship playing football with boys and not as a kicker. LOL what a farfetched fantasy. NEVER happen.

The biggest JOKE PC message was the one about a girl being good enough to get a scholarship playing football with boys and not as a kicker. LOL what a farfetched fantasy. NEVER happen.
I hope you realize it wasn't a literal statement?
I believe it symbolized that a little girl could aspire to anything and in the end succeed.
Obviously not as an NFL football player, but perhaps as a world renowned surgeon, CEO, Senator/President, Author, etc.

I believe it symbolized that a little girl could aspire to anything and in the end succeed.
Obviously not as an NFL football player, but perhaps as a world renowned surgeon, CEO, Senator/President, Author, etc.
Sure, it may not have been literal, it was still stupid. Too many "girl power" type messages, I think pretty soon they need to balance it out a bit and start pumping up boys, subliminally I'm sure they are beaten down mentally whether they are aware of it or not. Actually I'm happy that females will get the upper hand now whether they deserve it or not, since my only child is female and I'm old.

Yeah, that went over the heads of a certain demographic in this country.

I was in the UK for the Super Bowl last year and guess what you don't see? Commercials! The BBC doesn't have commercials since it's a public channel so during the Super Bowl they goto a studio for replays and analysis of what just happened. That format was perfect for last years game due to all the scoring and big plays.

I mean, it literally did happen. She got a scholarship as a non-kicker to play at Bethany College. So....

Reactions: FreeportPanther
I mean, it literally did happen. She got a scholarship as a non-kicker to play at Bethany College. So....

Bethany College must have a really good college football program???

In college I dated a girl from Bethany College in WV. She was a fun hillbilly girl. They learn a lot early in those barns on the farm.

But I will say the ranch and farm boys and girls are really tough kids because that's the way they grow up.

Well Mrs Buffett knows all about that she grew up on a ranch in Colorado. She played high end barn poker at 12 according to her.

When I coached youth football we'd have parents who would enter their girls in youth football.
They did great in flag football 5-6, even at entry level tackle 7-8, and after that time pretty much were buried by the boys.

Our area has really strong wrestling programs and the same thing would happen in wrestling.

Although I had one girl who played all the way to 10-12 tackle football as an RB. She was fast, strong, tall, tough as nails and was competitive but you could see the handwriting on the wall it wasn't going to happen at the next level.

I pleaded with her parents to put in a sport where she could compete in HS and get a free ride to college.

They listened, put her in volley ball and she became one of the stars on the PSU women's team that was a really good team.

I bet the football experience helped her compete at at high level in volleyball.

Last edited:
It was a nice story.
Will it ever be repeated? Perhaps in a very limited way.
Will women take over the NFL? LOL No. They're generally too smart and civil to succeed in that arena.
The commercial was about what was possible for anyone if they have a goal, even a far fetched one, that with hard work and perseverance they CAN achieve their goals.

I'll have to google it. Scholarship to Bethany College, for football? Isn't that D3? And then did she actually play or was it more of a publicity stunt? Was that a real person?

Sure, it may not have been literal, it was still stupid. Too many "girl power" type messages, I think pretty soon they need to balance it out a bit and start pumping up boys, subliminally I'm sure they are beaten down mentally whether they are aware of it or not. Actually I'm happy that females will get the upper hand now whether they deserve it or not, since my only child is female and I'm old.
Who'd have guessed?

I'll have to google it. Scholarship to Bethany College, for football? Isn't that D3? And then did she actually play or was it more of a publicity stunt? Was that a real person?
if it is D3 they don't offer sports scholarships they compensate the athleles in other ways.

If the ad doesn't have a comic aspect to it, I tune right out. I expect cool effects and big laughs in SB ads, and that is all I want. That's the standard that has been set with the best SB ads, and what I want it to be. If I am expected to actually pay attention to ADVERTISEMENTS as if they are entertainment, then, well, they should be entertaining. When I hear maudlin music and some frilly scene filmed with a lot of gauze, it's off to the frig or the bathroom. Hopefully make back in time for the ad with the funny dog or monkey :D

The best spot I saw wasn't shown. It was on one of the pre game buildup shows.
Showed some guys discussing something with a chimp. Then said, "Well, we just wasted $5 million, how about shooting us some business, or something like that.
Pretty much summed them all up for me!

D3 schools don't offer scholarships.
Do D3 Schools offer athletic scholarships?
Not All Schools Offer Athletic Scholarships. Athletic scholarships are only available at NCAA D1 and D2 schools and some NAIA schools. No athletic scholarships are available at D3 schools. Even though D1 and D2 schools can offer athletic scholarships, the NCAA limits the number available from them.

It was a nice story.
Will it ever be repeated? Perhaps in a very limited way.
Will women take over the NFL? LOL No. They're generally too smart and civil to succeed in that arena.
The commercial was about what was possible for anyone if they have a goal, even a far fetched one, that with hard work and perseverance they CAN achieve their goals.
So are you saying that women are smarter than men? That's BS, that's as sexist as saying men are smarter than women, if you can't say one, saying the other is just as offensive. And if you really believe that either gender is "smarter" than the other, you have been brainwashed. SMARTNESS is on an individual basis, it has nothing to do with a demographic.

Anyways, apparently it didn't work out, went to the Bethany website, Antoinette isn't on the football roster for an NAIA D2 school, which is lower than NCAA D3, basically glorified high school.

So are you saying that women are smarter than men? That's BS, that's as sexist as saying men are smarter than women, if you can't say one, saying the other is just as offensive. And if you really believe that either gender is "smarter" than the other, you have been brainwashed. SMARTNESS is on an individual basis, it has nothing to do with a demographic.

Anyways, apparently it didn't work out, went to the Bethany website, Antoinette isn't on the football roster for an NAIA D2 school, which is lower than NCAA D3, basically glorified high school.
I'll go so far to say that the majority of women are smarter than the majority of NFL players.

I'm done with this discussion, Archie. It's headed to the deleted thread scrap heap anyways.

I'll go so far to say that the majority of women are smarter than the majority of NFL players.

That's just opinion, no way to prove it, in my life, I've met numerous really stupid women, so I refuse to generalize. I think YOU are being BIGOTED by generalizing that women may be smarter, with no evidence.

So does being young mean that you choose to discriminate in favor of girls over boys?
"Righting" the evils of the past is a big theme. Problem is when that becomes the agenda at all cost. For example, that people should vote for the (name minority type here) candidate solely because that's what they are, qualified or not. That is definitely the attitude today. And it caused the backlash that produced Trump. HC was hideously flawed and unappealing to so many, especially in the gray areas and flyover parts of the country ... it was ni mystery, as countless polls and studies showed. Yet they put her right up there because it would right some kind of wrong. Actually I don't even dispute that, but first and foremost, run an appealing, deserving candidate. If the candidate happens to also be black, or female, or muslim, or transitioning, and even if that is the primary agenda, to anoint someone like that, fine, it's your party and you can favor who ever you want for whatever reason ... but make it someone who isn't also an ethical and procedural trainwreck, as she was. If you don't heed that, don't be asshurt if you lose.

Reactions: Pitt79

I rarely drink beer anymore, trying to keep dad bod in check, but hell if I am drinking a beer, it sure as hell won't be a bud light, Coors, or Miller Lite. Give me something that was created like a Monet. If I drink one, it better be memorable and enjoyable. This is why I prefer Belgian beer, or a local brewery that barely puts out beyond their pub. My crappy beer days were 20 plus years ago.

It was their avoidance and all the ads avoidance of anything even remotely close to funny.
Fear of hurting a snowflakes whittle fweelings. The Hyundai commercial set off all vegans and PETA around the globe. Hyundai had to apologize. Because they made fun of beetloaf.

I rarely drink beer anymore, trying toI' keep dad bod in check, but hell if I am drinking a beer, it sure as hell won't be a bud light, Coors, or Miller Lite. Give me something that was created like a Monet. If I drink one, it better be memorable and enjoyable. This is why I prefer Belgian beer, or a local brewery that barely puts out beyond their pub. My crappy beer days were 20 plus years ago.
I occasionally drink a beer, usually in a social setting or at a restaurant. I've always been partial to Pilsners, never been a fan of the strong yeasty or heavy grained brews.

I don't have a problem with Miller Light, but really enjoy Yuengling Light. Lightens up the strong taste of regular Yuengling and hits a sweet spot for my tastes.

It was their avoidance and all the ads avoidance of anything even remotely close to funny.
Fear of hurting a snowflakes whittle fweelings. The Hyundai commercial set off all vegans and PETA around the globe. Hyundai had to apologize. Because they made fun of beetloaf.
People trying to sell products to a wide audience are best served not trying to make ANYONE angry.
FU isn't a very good sales pitch.

So to sum it all up - calls to our better spirits are an affront to the fee fees of those who scream SNOWFLAKES!

We are to be excused for electing an unfathonably corrupt (in every way) russian stooge psychopath over the competent public servant who was not insane because we are butthurt, hear us roar!

Reactions: Ski11585
It's a publicity stunt. She played in 3 games out of 10, during blowouts, for East LA CC. So I guess now she will transfer to Bethany so they can say they have a female football player on scholarship, clearly she didn't earn it. what about the males that played in all the games at East LA CC?
Really? East LA to WV?

Good luck to her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT