ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Green Day

I was there last night also, couldnt believe that they never stopped. Smashing Pumpkins were really good also

Wow, what a great show. 2.5 hours of banger after banger without a minutes break.

They were great, far exceeded my expectations.
The set looked great. 2000 light years is my favorite but understand why they can’t play them all.

Buddy of mine went. Asked it how it was and all he said was, “What?!” Apparently it was a little loud but he enjoyed it.
sheesh if he struggled in a stadium concert , he better avoid clubs !

Wife and I considered going - but to be honest since I was more interested in seeing Rancid - we passed .
Since I’m going to another concert tonight mostly for the opener .

I was on the rail last night and made the mistake of not having ear plugs. Lasted the opening act of 20 mins before bumming some from security. The sound was defeaning and the Pyro scorched us a few times

Wife and I considered going - but to be honest since I was more interested in seeing Rancid - we passed .
Rancid sounded really good, great set list, but they had a short set time. I liked all of these bands as a teenager, so it was a great line up.

I thought the Smashing Pumpkins were good too, but another short 1 hour set. Glad I saw them play PPG Paints in 2018 as a headliner.

I had moved on from Green Day a bit by the time they released American Idiot. So personally, the back end of that album was a part of the show that dragged a bit for me since I only knew the hits from it. Either way, Green Day put on a really good show.

Once the sun went behind PNC Park, it was a beautiful night for a concert.

Reactions: Tucker99
The loudest concert I ever been to was John Entwistle at the Metropol sometime in the mid-90’s, he used the same setup as Who shows in arenas.

I saw Green Day with a Blink 182 in 2001ish at Star Lake. I was never a big fan until that show. Theyre unbelievable live.

Not the biggest Green Day fan, but I like them a good bit. Also like the Pumpkins and Rancid. Opportunity to see all three was appealing.

I thought Rancid was good, but Green Day put on a really good show. Pumpkins were the loudest, but i thought Corgan was struggling a little with his voice.

I saw Green Day with a Blink 182 in 2001ish at Star Lake. I was never a big fan until that show. Theyre unbelievable live.

I was at that show, haha. Green Day was my favorite band when I was young (like maybe 5th - 7th grade), but I think I was (embarrassingly enough) more into Blink 182 by the time that rolled around. I mostly hate all of that 4 chord stuff now, but I'll still listen to some of it if I liked it when I was younger... basically Kerplunk - Nimrod Green Day and self-titled - Ixnay on the Hombre Offspring.

Green Day did a lot of the "oi, oi, oi" stuff, which I didn't really care for. I prefer bands to just play the songs.

Reactions: Jakey_John
Loudest concert I ever attended was at the IC Melody Tent. Third row for Damn Yankees and Bad Company. Ears were ringing for days.

My roommate at Pitt was a big Kiss fan, so we went to see them during their down period in the 80s at the Stanley Theater. For you whippersnappers out there, that's what they used to call the Benedum Center, and yeah, they had rock concerts there. We were in the second row of the balcony, to the left side of the stage, directly in line with the huge bank of floor to ceiling speakers. Four days later my ears were still ringing.

Reactions: pittdan77
My roommate at Pitt was a big Kiss fan, so we went to see them during their down period in the 80s at the Stanley Theater. For you whippersnappers out there, that's what they used to call the Benedum Center, and yeah, they had rock concerts there. We were in the second row of the balcony, to the left side of the stage, directly in line with the huge bank of floor to ceiling speakers. Four days later my ears were still ringing.
Fun fact. Bob Marley's last concert was performed at the Stanley. Sadly I wasn't.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
My uncle told me that Soldiers and Sailors could get pretty loud. He saw a bunch of concerts there.

I still think about how great the Syria Mosque was for concerts .

Granted my scene was more going to graffiti , electric banana , and metropol

I still think about how great the Syria Mosque was for concerts .

Granted my scene was more going to graffiti , electric banana , and metropol
To think the Syria Mosque died for a Holiday Inn.
My teen years were within easy drive of the Washington DC punk scene in the 80s. Saw many shows at the 930 Club. Scream, Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Marginal Man. Great punk scene in DC in the 80s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT