ADVERTISEMENT

OT: HAPPY BOBBY BONILLA DAY!

Not really a great deal for Bobby Bo. If he took it in a lump sum and at 5% compounded annually he would be getting $2.75 million annually in year 20 which this year is. If he invested in a few Dividend Growth stocks not only would he be getting $2.75 million annually, but the principle would be greater than the initial $5 million also.

With all that said, it is a cool story, and $1.1 million is nothing to sneeze at as I would love to get that, and I am sure most former players (many who did not manage it well) would love getting that check too.

Not really a great deal for Bobby Bo. If he took it in a lump sum and at 5% compounded annually he would be getting $2.75 million annually in year 20 which this year is. If he invested in a few Dividend Growth stocks not only would he be getting $2.75 million annually, but the principle would be greater than the initial $5 million also.

With all that said, it is a cool story, and $1.1 million is nothing to sneeze at as I would love to get that, and I am sure most former players (many who did not manage it well) would love getting that check too.
"Not really a great deal"...that disqualifies you from any further comments on this subject. Yeah...it's easy to see the potential return 20 years later looking at different investment instruments.

"Not really a great deal"...that disqualifies you from any further comments on this subject. Yeah...it's easy to see the potential return 20 years later looking at different investment instruments.

Dude, I said I would take that in a minute because I don't make anywhere near that. With that said math is math and I spelled it out very easy for you. 20 years ago you could have still gotten a CD that paid 5% easy. A very conservative investment in a S&P Index fund where you drip the dividend and you still would get over 2 million a year now where you keep a million and reinvest the other million, and in 2035 when his annuity finally runs out he will be collecting over $4 million a year with the principal never touched. It is basic Financial 101 stuff here.

AGAIN I would take it if that was offered to me and the lump sum was not. But the if the lump sum was offered you would be a fool not to take that and invest it.

Dude, I said I would take that in a minute because I don't make anywhere near that. With that said math is math and I spelled it out very easy for you. 20 years ago you could have still gotten a CD that paid 5% easy. A very conservative investment in a S&P Index fund where you drip the dividend and you still would get over 2 million a year now where you keep a million and reinvest the other million, and in 2035 when his annuity finally runs out he will be collecting over $4 million a year with the principal never touched. It is basic Financial 101 stuff here.

AGAIN I would take it if that was offered to me and the lump sum was not. But the if the lump sum was offered you would be a fool not to take that and invest it.
I think the whole situation arose because the Mets wanted to drag it out over time figuring they were only paying income made from their Madoff investments. That didn't end well, and Bobby Bo still gets his.

Reactions: HOF Coach

🤨 wow...u must be the fun guy at parties, start taking out your calculator to disagree with everyone else 🤓

Reactions: 303vND and Mikefln
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT