ADVERTISEMENT

OT: huge moral victory by flyers taking this to 6 games

Swervin27

Board of Trustee
Dec 12, 2015
thats one more then I ever expected from them. They’ll never admit it but that’s better then they ever expected going into this series.

As it had been said in Philly: It isn't over until the Fat Lady Sings but:

You can't put Moral victories on your wall or in your trophy case!

Hard to buy food or other things with them too.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
As it had been said in Philly: It isn't over until the Fat Lady Sings but:

You can't put Moral victories on your wall or in your trophy case!

Hard to buy food or other things with the too.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!
When a loser franchise like the flyers plays a winning franchise like the penguins, you take any victory you can get.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
They know the Penguins are better. The Penguins know that too. They went out and proved it starting at 13:35 of the second period. The Philadelphia Flyers are a Mickey Mouse organization and until they figure that out they are going to have extended Summers.

They had their day when goonism ruled hockey, now they can't compete because teams light them up after their cheap shots.

The Flyers tank 7th all time in wins, are second in winning percentage and have made the postseason 39 times in 50 years. Sure they haven’t won the Cup since 1975. Many other teams haven’t either.

In the 4 wins, Pens averaged 6.25 goals? How can you beat that?

Flyers rank No. 2 all time on my Hate List, a few notches behind the Pedds. Easily the Flyers are my Most Despised team in pro sports dating back to the Bobby Clarke years. Sending the Flyers into the offseason is almost as sweet as winning the Cup itself. Almost. They have a good core group, though, and if Phila can resolve the goalie problem they will be a force to be reckoned with in the years to come.

Flyers rank No. 2 all time on my Hate List, a few notches behind the Pedds. Easily the Flyers are my Most Despised team in pro sports dating back to the Bobby Clarke years. Sending the Flyers into the offseason is almost as sweet as winning the Cup itself. Almost. They have a good core group, though, and if Phila can resolve the goalie problem they will be a force to be reckoned with in the years to come.
I used to travel to Denver a lot for my old job. so Denver is cool town but for some reason, every bar was either corporate chain or some stuffy bar where you'd go drink wine if you were a middle aged woman. Couldnt' for life of me find a cool, laid back, dive bar. finally find one, down stairs basement bar, cool as hell. it wasn't til my 3rd visit do I start to notice an inordinate amount of flyer crap on wall. to add insult to injury, I start noticing penn state stuff too. I find out, owner is a psu alum, flyer fan, and this is an authentic "PSU-Flyer" bar.

just my luck.

Reactions: Pitt79
I used to travel to Denver a lot for my old job. so Denver is cool town but for some reason, every bar was either corporate chain or some stuffy bar where you'd go drink wine if you were a middle aged woman. Couldnt' for life of me find a cool, laid back, dive bar. finally find one, down stairs basement bar, cool as hell. it wasn't til my 3rd visit do I start to notice an inordinate amount of flyer crap on wall. to add insult to injury, I start noticing penn state stuff too. I find out, owner is a psu alum, flyer fan, and this is an authentic "PSU-Flyer" bar.

just my luck.
You didn't go to purgatory - STRAIGHT TO HELL!

just my luck.
Ugh. Sounds like the infamous "Irish Lion" retail store that opened briefly in Robinson Mall. Now closed. A double shot of bile to a Pitt fan.

Yes, Penn State and the Flyers are 1 and 1A on my hate list. There is a real gap between those two and the next one for me. Well no, the Patriots I guess make up 1B.

Reactions: Panther Holla
Ugh. Sounds like the infamous "Irish Lion" retail store that opened briefly in Robinson Mall. Now closed. A double shot of bile to a Pitt fan.
I hate to say it but it was actually a cool bar. Minus the offensive flyer/Sandusky U garbage on the wall of course.

When i was a freshman at CMU, Pitt won the national championship, which was great and stupendous and all that.... BUT the Phillies were in the process of winning 3 straight NL East crowns at the expense of the Pirates. And the Penguins were chew toys for the Flyers, who had won two Stanley Cups in the previous 3 years.

My friends from Phila didn't care about college football the way we Yinzers ignore the NBA -- it just doesn't exist. And if they did, they rooted for Penn State, not Temple. No, they dangled the Phils and Flyers over my head while I countered with the Steelers. Senior year was glorious as the Bucs and Steelers both won championships, giving me the upper hand -- but then the NEXT year the Steelers and Pirates folded and the Phils and Eagles reached the Series and Super Bowl, respectively, giving my Philly guys the last laugh. Damn that was a great time for a back-and forth in-state rivalry. Every inning, every period, every game mattered.

Yes, Penn State and the Flyers are 1 and 1A on my hate list. There is a real gap between those two and the next one for me. Well no, the Patriots I guess make up 1B.
1. Penn State
2. Penn State
3. Penn State
4. Penn State
5. "I root for all local teams"
6. Philadelphia Flyers
7. Baltimore Ravens
8. WVU
9. Syracuse
10. Duquesne Dukes

ADVERTISEMENT