ADVERTISEMENT

OT: JoePantherFan, this would be a good one for you

recruitsreadtheseboards

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 11, 2006
But can someone dig up the NFL rule that states "The New England Patriots shall not have to play any decent NFL teams during the regular season, so they can waltz through to a 14-2 record, bye, and home field advantage."

As a caveat: "No other AFC East teams are allowed to be owned, managed and coached by people who an idea on what they are doing, and must change out these folks every 3 years so as not to gain any competency, that would allow them to challenge the New England Patriots."

Hang on Joe is looking he thinks its in Box 1A7.
Hillary Clinton's 33k missing emails are in Box 1A8 which is also missing.
111.JPG

Last edited:
But can someone dig up the NFL rule that states "The New England Patriots shall not have to play any decent NFL teams during the regular season, so they can waltz through to a 14-2 record, bye, and home field advantage."

As a caveat: "No other AFC East teams are allowed to be owned, managed and coached by people who an idea on what they are doing, and must change out these folks every 3 years so as not to gain any competency, that would allow them to challenge the New England Patriots."

The NFL schedule is determined by formula:

1. 2 games against each divisional opponent (6 total)
2. 1 game against every team in another division in your conference (rotated so each other division is played every 3 years) (4 total)
3. 1 games against every team in a division in the other conference (rotated so each other division is played every 4 years) (4 total)
4. 1 game against the team in the other two divisions in your conference that finished in the same place as you did (2 total).

For the Patriots, that means...

2 games against the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins.
1 game each against the AFC North this year (Steelers, Browns, Bengals, and Ravens)
1 games each against the NFC East this year (Giants, Eagles, Redskins, and Cowboys)
1 game against the Chiefs (1st in the AFC West) and 1 game against the Texans (1st in AFC South).

The schedule was literally decided for all 32 teams the second the final gun of the final regular season game of the previous season was played.

The NFL literally only controls the dates and times of the games, not who plays who.

The NFL schedule is determined by formula:

It is, and the formula gives the Patriots usually between five and six free wins per season. Which, of course, is not the Patriots' fault. And they certainly have taken advantage of the fact that the rest of their division generally sucks. But it also sure has made their life a lot easier.

It is, and the formula gives the Patriots usually between five and six free wins per season. Which, of course, is not the Patriots' fault. And they certainly have taken advantage of the fact that the rest of their division generally sucks. But it also sure has made their life a lot easier.
I know what the formula is. But I find it amazing that after their first 6 games, the combined records of the teams they have faced is 6-23. And the next two opponents make it 9-29. When do they start playing the other divisional winners from last year?

Also...how can 3 teams for almost 20 years....suck. 3 teams that perpetually draft in the top 10. Hence, my obvious sarcasm in my "rules edict".

I think the Bills are pretty legit this year and the four free wins will help. Is 11-5 possible in Buffalo? Would love to see it. They are the new Chicago Cubs.

Reactions: Pitt5593
I know what the formula is. But I find it amazing that after their first 6 games, the combined records of the teams they have faced is 6-23. And the next two opponents make it 9-29. When do they start playing the other divisional winners from last year?

Also...how can 3 teams for almost 20 years....suck. 3 teams that perpetually draft in the top 10. Hence, my obvious sarcasm in my "rules edict".
Now you’ve set me off on people calling the 72 Dolphins the best team ever because they went undefeated. They had 8 games against the old AFC East which included the Baltimore Colts. All 4 teams were sub .500. The other 6 teams they played had only 2 teams with a winning record. Then they almost lost to the Steelers in the playoffs. This was 2 years before the Steelers drafted 4 HOFers in the 74 draft.

The 72 Dolphins were good. Not even close to best ever.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Now you’ve set me off on people calling the 72 Dolphins the best team ever because they went undefeated. They had 8 games against the old AFC East which included the Baltimore Colts. All 4 teams were sub .500. The other 6 teams they played had only 2 teams with a winning record. Then they almost lost to the Steelers in the playoffs. This was 2 years before the Steelers drafted 4 HOFers in the 74 draft.

The 72 Dolphins were good. Not even close to best ever.
And they only beat the Steelers in the playoffs by being forced to use a fake punt.

I know what the formula is. Hence, my obvious sarcasm in my "rules edict".
Of course you do. Everyone does. By the way, did you know the electoral college decides the winner of the Presidency? Who knew? And in 3-2-1, someone will feel the need to post the rules of the General Election.

Of course you do. Everyone does. By the way, did you know the electoral college decides the winner of the Presidency? Who knew? And in 3-2-1, someone will feel the need to post the rules of the General Election.
The rules of the general election, 21st century version. if the candidates are both under 50%, the one with fewer votes wins. Just like in all Democracies.

The rules of the general election, 21st century version. if the candidates are both under 50%, the one with fewer votes wins. Just like in all Democracies.
Oh man. I didn’t want this to be political. But we don’t live in a democracy. If you want to discuss this in the locker room, start a thread there.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
ADVERTISEMENT