ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kenny Pickett

Kenny has better players? I'm tired of people's delusions that this team has talent? If anything, the talent is worse this year, if you can call it talent :)
we have an average line at best, a below avg running back, possibly the worst WR unit in the NFL. friermuth is ok, when he isnt concussed. oh and a terrible OC.

I do hope that we can officially put to bed the absolute myth that the steelers draft WRs well. i hear that from steeler fans, i puke in my mouth..

Kenny has better players? I'm tired of people's delusions that this team has talent? If anything, the talent is worse this year, if you can call it talent :)
we have an average line at best, a below avg running back, possibly the worst WR unit in the NFL. friermuth is ok, when he isnt concussed. oh and a terrible OC.

I do hope that we can officially put to bed the absolute myth that the steelers draft WRs well. i hear that from steeler fans, i puke in my mouth..

I would prefer that he go after consolation TDs that the D gives him when they fall WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY behind, if nothing else it FEELS BETTER for him and everyone else.

I'd argue that the guys like JuJu, Claypool, McCloud, Washingtom are better than the ones they kept.

I mean you're just wrong.. During the Colbert era the Steelers' draft picks had the most 1,000 yard seasons and the highest number of receivers that achieved 1,000 yard seasons. They spent high draft picks to get them, but got high returns as well.

I mean you're just wrong.. During the Colbert era the Steelers' draft picks had the most 1,000 yard seasons and the highest number of receivers that achieved 1,000 yard seasons. They spent high draft picks to get them, but got high returns as well.
lets analyze this a bit further shall we? i got 4 good picks, 7 busts, pickens is TBD, didnt know what to call wheaton, he's kinda in the middle

Pickens 2022 - too early to tell
Claypool 2020 - pretty much bust. might get a good return for him though so not a complete wasted draft (maybe)
Johnson 2019 - good pick in 3rd round
Washington 2018 - bust,
Ju JU - 2017 - Really good pick in rd 2
Ayers - 2016 - literally never heard of him
Coates - 2015 - bust- gave him away to browns i think for a bag of balls
Bryant - 2014 - could have been good if he had a working brain but he wasnt so bust
Wheaton - 2013 - got two good years out of him, two years he had single digit receptions. meh..
Brown - 2013 - no clue who this is
Clemons - 2012 - think he played in wpial, dont remember him ever playing for the steelers
Sanders - 2010 - very good pick in the 3rd rd. had a great career
AB - 2010 - great pick, should have been HOF if he was from earth

Actually, I was sorry to see Claypool go, I don't think he's a bust. I think he can still have a good career.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Just seeing the Pickett thread pop up again I thought relevant to note I saw Malik Willis play last night for the first time in my life, and if the Steelers were doing anything but trying to throw off other teams by even remotely rating this guy anywhere in the same hemisphere as Pickett then they are in worse shape than thought. I shudder to think if KP hadn’t become available that the Steelers might actually have considered drafting this guy…in any round.
They needed OL-men for their HOF QB in 2021 and drafted a RB that is about to get benched, a TE, and a Center that doesn't dress for games anymore.

Reactions: boseman7
lets analyze this a bit further shall we? i got 4 good picks, 7 busts, pickens is TBD, didnt know what to call wheaton, he's kinda in the middle

Pickens 2022 - too early to tell
Claypool 2020 - pretty much bust. might get a good return for him though so not a complete wasted draft (maybe)
Johnson 2019 - good pick in 3rd round
Washington 2018 - bust,
Ju JU - 2017 - Really good pick in rd 2
Ayers - 2016 - literally never heard of him
Coates - 2015 - bust- gave him away to browns i think for a bag of balls
Bryant - 2014 - could have been good if he had a working brain but he wasnt so bust
Wheaton - 2013 - got two good years out of him, two years he had single digit receptions. meh..
Brown - 2013 - no clue who this is
Clemons - 2012 - think he played in wpial, dont remember him ever playing for the steelers
Sanders - 2010 - very good pick in the 3rd rd. had a great career
AB - 2010 - great pick, should have been HOF if he was from earth
ok? No one can be infallible, you have to look at what the Steelers accomplished compared to everyone else. That's like saying Roberto Clemente was shit because he failed to get a hit 68% of the time, without seeing how that compares in reality to all the other players.

So now compare Colbert's picks to his 31 peers. Wait, you don't have to because that author did it for you and gave an easy to read summary. Were there teams that did better over the last 20 years? Sure, you could make that argument depending on what metric you want to use, but you absolutely can't say that they did poorly.

I'd argue that the guys like JuJu, Claypool, McCloud, Washingtom are better than the ones they kept.
Johnson should have been the one they traded. Claypool was playing harder this season. Johnson is the type that makes a very acrobatic catch once a game, then loafs and screws up in ten other plays. Very bad extension.

Dionte Johnson year 4 vs Juju year 2
George Pickens. Vs Donte Moncrief
Pat Friermuth vs ( who was the tight end? Vance McDonald?
Najee Harris vs James Conner ( hurt every 2 games )

Circumstances don’t matter. Give Kenny the same smoke you gave Mason.

Juju is proof its not the receivers its the scheme. If you can’t see that by now your blind. It’s been the scheme EVER SINCE TODD HALEY GOT FIRED.

Quote the whole thing. Give Kenny the same smoke that you gave to Mason Rudolph. His coordinator was just as bad his o-line was old and getting thrown around, He had a running back who got hurt every other game, yeah Donte Moncrief dropping balls, and no down field threat at Te. You didn’t care about the circumstances when you wanted to run them out of town. So give them the same smoke. Don’t change the standard because you actually like the guy and the guy from here. If anything the standard increases because he was an actual first round pick, not a first round grade garbage reasoning by Kevin Colbert lol. Well I’m glad Colbert is gone and no more Cohen hired a guy from the Eagles to do his personnel evaluation’s.

Dionte Johnson year 4 vs Juju year 2
George Pickens. Vs Donte Moncrief
Pat Friermuth vs ( who was the tight end? Vance McDonald?
Najee Harris vs James Conner ( hurt every 2 games )

Circumstances don’t matter. Give Kenny the same smoke you gave Mason.

Juju is proof its not the receivers its the scheme. If you can’t see that by now your blind. It’s been the scheme EVER SINCE TODD HALEY GOT FIRED.

OK, there's the whole quote.

And for the record, I rechecked. And yeah, it's still ridiculous to say that circumstances don't matter. Especially in a post where you try to use circumstances to make your point that circumstances don't matter.

Seemed like a really dumb way to try to do it, but, you know, whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT