ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Kenny Pickett

Pickett has played well enough to lead a decent team into the playoffs.
In today's world, you need BIGGER NUMBERS not only to get respect, but to win some 42-38 games with your arm, to get past losing as the AFC 7th seed.

Reactions: gary2
Ryan Tannehill's numbers

2019: 22 TDs 6 INTs 2722 Yards
2020: 33 TDs 7 INTs 3819 Yards
2021: 21 TDs 14 INTs 3734 Yards

Great if Kenny can start matching those kinds of numbers, at his current pace, he's at 8 TDs 16 INTs and 3300 Yards

And of course Najee has to start rushing for 2000 yards in a season, like Derrick Henry

Last edited:
In today's world, you need BIGGER NUMBERS not only to get respect, but to win some 42-38 games with your arm, to get past losing as the AFC 7th seed.
Agree. It could come. Add a LT, some unselfish, route running receivers and an OC that takes the gloves Off.

The two plays that have people bitching the most were missing Pickens at the end of a half and Friermuth lastweek.

I guarantee you those passes are completed if they were not beating be careful with the ball intoKenny's head.

Score awareness played a part in those 2 throws.

Agree. It could come. Add a LT, some unselfish, route running receivers and an OC that takes the gloves Off.

The two plays that have people bitching the most were missing Pickens at the end of a half and Friermuth lastweek.

I guarantee you those passes are completed if they were not beating be careful with the ball intoKenny's head.
In fairness the last couple games, he's had 2-3 drops that should have been TDs, worse one was Pickens on a long pass downfield, just plain dropped.

I’m telling you it’s all because of the growth of fantasy league betting. I’m not saying that’s a good thing or a bad thing - but I am saying that has shifted perception about what constitutes “good” QB play.

We've seen 4 QB's in Canada's offense and none put up big/chunk plays. We know who is responsible for the lack of big plays.

Reactions: gary2
Ryan Tannehill's numbers

2019: 22 TDs 6 INTs 2722 Yards
2020: 33 TDs 7 INTs 3819 Yards
2021: 21 TDs 14 INTs 3734 Yards

Great if Kenny can start matching those kinds of numbers, at his current pace, he's at 8 TDs 16 INTs and 3300 Yards

And of course Najee has to start rushing for 2000 yards in a season, like Derrick Henry

Current trend say otherwise.

Reactions: Ski11585
I’m telling you it’s all because of the growth of fantasy league betting. I’m not saying that’s a good thing or a bad thing - but I am saying that has shifted perception about what constitutes “good” QB play.

100% true. And people are enamored with the concept of a Patrick Mahomes / Josh Allen type QB with a cannon arm or unstoppable physicality. If you can't throw a footbaw over dem mountains or you're not 6'5" 240 with 4.4 speed, the average fan doesn't care.

The bottom line is that Kenny is playing like a league average QB in a lot of ways. And he's a rookie who is about 8 games in to his career. People don't like him because of old takes about his hands or his lack of top draft capital. But Kenny is playing well and if guys who went earlier like Trevor Lawrence or Zach Wilson played like this their rookie years they'd be crowned already because ESPN would tell you they're the next big thing. Kenny doesn't get that because people wrongly assume he can't get even better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT