ADVERTISEMENT

OT: LeBron to...

If Gilbert cant get him at least 1 more star to play with, that's on him. Its ridiculous what he had to do to get that team to the Finals. They need to sign Kawhi Leonard or Paul George. Then go strongly after Levance Fields after he leads the ZooCrew to the TBT.
Maybe LeBron should stop dictating the team that is built and then complaining about the team he made them build.

Him opting out hopefully leads him to the Sixers. I don't like superteams but I'll root for anyone who can take out the Warriors and the Sixers with LJ, Simmons, and Embiid certainly could.

Him opting out hopefully leads him to the Sixers. I don't like superteams but I'll root for anyone who can take out the Warriors and the Sixers with LJ, Simmons, and Embiid certainly could.
I doubt he goes there, but the Sixers are woahfully short on shooting. Smith might have more upside and getting an unprotected pick is big, but Bridges seemed to be a perfect fit for them. Sometimes you need to put the team together and not be entirely focused on upside and asset allocation.

I doubt he goes there, but the Sixers are woahfully short on shooting. Smith might have more upside and getting an unprotected pick is big, but Bridges seemed to be a perfect fit for them. Sometimes you need to put the team together and not be entirely focused on upside and asset allocation.

Basically agree. That said, they have Covington and if they can re-sign Reddick at a lower price (which he has sort of signaled is possible) that is at least two shooters you could start along side Lebron, Embiid, and Simmons. There are lots of MLE 3 and D guys out there you could sign if you get Lebron. And you could trade Fultz for a shooter to a team willing to take a chance on a guy who shows real flashes in limited minutes.

Indeed they do. Things could get a little crowded in the middle with LBJ added to the mix. Still, wouldn't turn him down! Probably his best chance to win more championships in the next 5 years.

I dont understand why so many people dislije the Warriors. Other than them winning. They play the game they way it suppose to be played. They are fun to watch, and theynare stopping team jumping Bron Bron from winning.

I dont understand why so many people dislije the Warriors. Other than them winning. They play the game they way it suppose to be played. They are fun to watch, and theynare stopping team jumping Bron Bron from winning.

I think when you have one team who is heads and shoulders above the rest of the league, it isn't good. I thought the 90s were boring with the exception of the two years Jordan left and there was a new energy in the playoffs. I did respect the Warriors, at least until Durant joined.

All griping aside, it does look like there is a little more parity than there used to be. I think the Celtics and Sixers can be a serious threat in the east, Rockets in the west. Sad that OKC has regressed so much and has to deal with Anthony back.

..please... the Lakers !!!!
Pitt will become a good show too with Capel !!
Lets Go !!

Last edited:
Lots of folks don't care for things being done "the right way" anymore in this country...

Durant is the reason why people hate the Warriors. Not him as a player, but him jumping to his old team's biggest rival. Could you imagine Sid going to the Caps, or Flyers? Ben, or AB a Raven? Then, to make it worse, the Warriors were already the best team in the league, Durant made them basically unbeatable. Was like if Ovie had been a free agent last year, and came to the Pens, instead of working harder, and finally bringing the cup to DC.

..please... the Lakers !!!!

Lets Go !!

That's part of the problem with the league. 80% of the players in the NBA dream of playing for the Lakers. It's a problem in every sport. Free agents all want to either play in a glamour city, or for a glamour franchise. Players aren't even lining up to go to a city like DC, let alone the Pittsburghs, Clevelands and Baltimores of the world. During LeBron's first run in Cleveland, he couldn't convince any elite player to come to Cleveland and play with the best player in the world. It was easy to do so in Miami.

Who cares where he's going or what he does.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

That's part of the problem with the league. 80% of the players in the NBA dream of playing for the Lakers. It's a problem in every sport. Free agents all want to either play in a glamour city, or for a glamour franchise. Players aren't even lining up to go to a city like DC, let alone the Pittsburghs, Clevelands and Baltimores of the world. During LeBron's first run in Cleveland, he couldn't convince any elite player to come to Cleveland and play with the best player in the world. It was easy to do so in Miami.
cry me a river bro , I just live in Pittsburgh and have no NBA team . Lakers since grade school.
Lebron would look at home in Laker land.

cry me a river bro , I just live in Pittsburgh and have no NBA team . Lakers since grade school.
Lebron would look at home in Laker land.
I've been a Laker fan since Wilt, and the 33 game winning streak. Still, it's not good for the league when every single free agent has them at the top of their list. I love the Steelers, but a Lombardi for Philly was good for the league, and it would be good for the league if Cleveland or Detroit could win one.

Reactions: HOF Coach
I've been a Laker fan since Wilt, and the 33 game winning streak. Still, it's not good for the league when every single free agent has them at the top of their list. I love the Steelers, but a Lombardi for Philly was good for the league, and it would be good for the league if Cleveland or Detroit could win one.
They still have a salary cap. There are rules. The Lakers have sucked for the last 5 years just like Pitt.
Its fun to get excited !!! finally. again.

Last edited:
Yet
The Lakers suck. And have for a bunch of years.....Cleveland’s been in several in Row and has a ring too.

Point well taken, but others things are important too...check out San Antonio

The Lakers have sucked since the late Kobe contract but the losing helped them build a core of Kuzma, Randle, Ingram, and Ball (I rank them in that order) that you could make a contender out of overnight by adding 2 of the 3 guys they may be in a hunt for: Leonard (requires trade or wait it out for one year), Lebron, and PG3.

I hate the Lakers and Celtics and I am glad they may both be back along with the Sixers, who I love.

The Lakers have sucked since the late Kobe contract but the losing helped them build a core of Kuzma, Randle, Ingram, and Ball (I rank them in that order) that you could make a contender out of overnight by adding 2 of the 3 guys they may be in a hunt for: Leonard (requires trade or wait it out for one year), Lebron, and PG3.

I hate the Lakers and Celtics and I am glad they may both be back along with the Sixers, who I love.
Keep dreeamin. No one is going to Phila ..

Yeah Woj noted today LBJ was meeting Sixers management in LA (i'd say they're third most likely after Lakers and Cavs but maybe second after the Lakers) and more promisingly they're talking to the Spurs about a Kawhi Leonard trade. With pieces like Fultz, Saaric, and their Kings pick, they should be able to make at least a serious offer while keeping Simmons and Embiid together as the core.

Also as for the Lakers, if Boogie and LBJ are in play, I'd rather have that duo than LBJ and PG3 any day. Cousins is a pain but he's one of six NBA players to ever average 25-12-5.

LeBron to LA pretty much assures a Steph vs Wanamaker NBA Finals.
LeBron couldn't carry Cleveland, which has better players than LA. He's not getting past GS.

Now do you think Pitt's "Other Wanny" will be a central figure with the Celtics? Or a role player?

LeBron to LA pretty much assures a Steph vs Wanamaker NBA Finals.
LeBron couldn't carry Cleveland, which has better players than LA. He's not getting past GS.

Now do you think Pitt's "Other Wanny" will be a central figure with the Celtics? Or a role player?

I think Boston is going to let Marcus Smart walk so that Wanamaker can play that role at a fraction of the price which could leave them room to bring in someone else.

LA is still adding players. They are not done yet.

Maybe no one gets by Golden State. But I am not sold on Cleveland having better players than LA. Kuzma, Randle (if he stays), and Ingram all averaged 17.1 points per game each on mostly efficient shooting last year and are all upside. If they can trade Lonzo Ball (they should), draft picks, etc., they could add someone that way in addition. Need a pure three point shooter for sure.

Magic also talked of a two year plan -- and next year's free agent list includes Klay Thompson (dad played for the Lakers, they won't be able to offer him a max if Durant gets his super max), Kemba Walker, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard (who wants to be in LA), Kevin Love (return to LA and return to Lebron?), Marc Gasol, and many others. I think 2019-2020 becomes
"The Last run of a King" or something that eventually becomes a 30 for 30.

---

My guess is we see Wannamaker in very limited minutes up front but Stevens has been great at adjusting line ups based on performance and match-ups so he could earn more.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Maybe no one gets by Golden State. But I am not sold on Cleveland having better players than LA. Kuzma, Randle (if he stays), and Ingram all averaged 17.1 points per game each on mostly efficient shooting last year and are all upside. If they can trade Lonzo Ball (they should), draft picks, etc., they could add someone that way in addition. Need a pure three point shooter for sure.

Magic also talked of a two year plan -- and next year's free agent list includes Klay Thompson (dad played for the Lakers, they won't be able to offer him a max if Durant gets his super max), Kemba Walker, Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard (who wants to be in LA), Kevin Love (return to LA and return to Lebron?), Marc Gasol, and many others. I think 2019-2020 becomes
"The Last run of a King" or something that eventually becomes a 30 for 30.

---

My guess is we see Wannamaker in very limited minutes up front but Stevens has been great at adjusting line ups based on performance and match-ups so he could earn more.
Yeah, I suppose the LAKER NAME could draw the best free agents too, with the draw of playing in that uniform with LeBron.

PS... it would be hilarious if they traded Lonzo Ball to some crap team and LeVar had to watch the Lakers win it all on TV without him :)

Reactions: ameoba defense
ADVERTISEMENT