ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Mason Rudolph to start

Good luck to Rudy. Levi’s is having a rough year. I recall many on this board raving about him last year.
well he did save the season for us by winning the last 3 games and threw for 300 yards against the bengals and 280 against seattle.

That 3 game stretch of qb play was sick, especially after a season of what we had to watch with kenny and mitch..

Reactions: jctrack
well he did save the season for us by winning the last 3 games and threw for 300 yards against the bengals and 280 against seattle.

That 3 game stretch of qb play was sick, especially after a season of what we had to watch with kenny and mitch..
Not sure you know this but it’s a board rule that you’re not allowed to praise a QB for a good performance against bad defenses like Cincy (and Seattle).

And the only reason the season needed saved is because Magic Mitch and Mediocre Mike couldn’t beat the two worst teams in the NFL at home.

But yeah, as the founding member of Masons Lair fan club, I’m happy about this development. Go Mason. He’s a good guy.

I was referring to Levis not Rudy

Poor play. Levis has been truly awful. He’s basically thrown balls into the air when under pressure. The kind of thing you’d expect to see in youth football. He’s been THAT bad at times.
The report is he has a bum shoulder but I tend to agree with you. I think they are using the shoulder as an excuse to sit him

The report is he has a bum shoulder but I tend to agree with you. I think they are using the shoulder as an excuse to sit him
Wasn’t aware. It may be a legit injury - I have no clue. And you’re right, could be cover.

Regardless the other part of the post stands. Levis has been so bad and did so much dumb stuff it’s hard to even believe.

Reactions: pittbb80
He did way better than Pickett/Trubisky in those 3 games, but we had a larger sample size of games seeing him play before that and it was mostly meh. Could see him doing well though, QB’s can improve instead of being buried right away.

Not sure you know this but it’s a board rule that you’re not allowed to praise a QB for a good performance against bad defenses like Cincy (and Seattle).

And the only reason the season needed saved is because Magic Mitch and Mediocre Mike couldn’t beat the two worst teams in the NFL at home.

But yeah, as the founding member of Masons Lair fan club, I’m happy about this development. Go Mason. He’s a good guy.
I always thought that he got the shaft at Pittsburgh !

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I know you’re very happy
Well not everyone can be Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes. But yinzers expected a young inexperienced Rudolph to show those qualities in his first couple years in the league in spite of being relegated to the back of a QB room with limited playing time behind a starting QB who saw him as a threat. They called him “not an NFL QB”. I saw him as a viable NFL QB with time. And that’s what he’s hinted he could be and likely is.

Reactions: pittbb80
Well not everyone can be Josh Allen or Pat Mahomes. But yinzers expected a young inexperienced Rudolph to show those qualities in his first couple years in the league in spite of being relegated to the back of a QB room with limited playing time behind a starting QB who saw him as a threat. They called him “not an NFL QB”. I saw him as a viable NFL QB with time. And that’s what he’s hinted he could be and likely is.
He’s a backup quality qb at best
The other teams each UFA year seem to agree .
Fortunately he’s also backing up a backup quality qb

He’s a backup quality qb at best
The other teams each UFA year seem to agree .
Fortunately he’s also backing up a backup quality qb
There are probably 15 backup quality QBs that are starting in this league. And probably a large handful of backups who could be starting level QBs, some of whom are currently backing up young pedigreed guys who teams have invested draft capital in and are waiting for those QBs to come of age.

In other words you can lump in QBs #16-40 and call them viable NFL QBs. But I get it, you said he wasn’t an NFL QB, probably because he’s not your kind of guy.

There are probably 15 backup quality QBs that are starting in this league. And probably a large handful of backups who could be starting level QBs, some of whom are currently backing up young pedigreed guys who teams have invested draft capital in and are waiting for those QBs to come of age.

In other words you can lump in QBs #16-40 and call them viable NFL QBs. But I get it, you said he wasn’t an NFL QB, probably because he’s not your kind of guy.
Provide my quote as evidence
You won’t find it .

Yup. Sam Darnold says hello

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT