ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My Fair Lady

MajorMajors

All American
Sep 29, 2002
For any theater-goers in the crowd, there's an excellent production of "My Fair Lady" at the O'Reilly Theater right now.

The leads are fabulous - including Henry Higgins, Eliza Doolittle and Alfred P. Doolittle (who can milk a scene with the best of them). The music is great and the numbers will stick in your head.

The play runs for the next 3 weeks but tickets have already sold really
well. Go to the web site of the "Pittsburgh Public Theater" if
interested.

Go Pitt.

This is a football forum pal. We don't go for girly stuff here. Post your links to foo foo theater somewhere else.

Yeah, pal. Take your fairy talk elsewhere. This is Mer'ca and we don't need no fairy theater talk on this board. On this board, we talk about extremely muscular and sweaty teenage boys, not the fairy stuff.

Sissys talk about this junk but Act 2 is tremendous w/ Doolittle & Ensemble

Again only the weak go to these productions but a Hymn to Him and I've grown Accustomed to Her Face are great.

Re: Sissys talk about this junk but Act 2 is tremendous w/ Doolittle & Ensemble

I heard it was good too, but talking about musical theatre on a sports board is a bit gay. You probably shouldn't have described the leads as "fabulous."

I have no interest in discussing musicals either. However, I have less interest in telling people what they can and cannot post here.

This thread reminds me of one of my favorite comedies, and some funny lines from it:

Person#1: Hey big guy. You hear the news? My son Billy got the lead in his school musical.

Person#2: Well I guess he likes the c*ck after all.

laugh.r191677.gif
A great movie filled with one-liners.

I appreciate the tip about not using the word "fabulous" on this message board. I'll need to compile a list of those other offending words...

I must have forgotten that this is a group of extremely macho, well, extremely macho message board posters.
smile.r191677.gif

Perhaps I should have confessed that my daughter is in the play - and I thought that if some one of the less macho on the board wanted to see a first-rate, near-Broadway-quality production of "My Fair Lady," this is that person's chance.

Go Pitt.

Let's see if we can rescue this post shall we

...Henry Higgins majored in Phonetics at Harvard and also played outside linebacker. He was known as "Hit'em High Henry" for his nasty clothesline hits. Upon graduation in 1908 he took his speech talents abroad where he became known for helping a young hot Cockney girl learn how to speak proper English and act with sophistication and grace. Rumor has it he was banging her or the side....

Major, I'm certain you are very proud as I certainly would be !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT