ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My Son Just Accepted Admission to Pitt Medical School!

Great to hear it and like you can be a great Booster! My Nephew is in derm, doing his residency, the one field that will be 100% free of government interference and hospital bureaucracies for the foreseeable future, according to some experts.

He had several other offers and decided on Pitt. I'm very proud of him!

Man, sorry he didnt get into WVU... hope he makes it none-the-less:)

Hey, that is huge man, congrats, hard school to get into, he must of kicked ass in school, shows he must have had quite the good father!

That's just awesome for your Son and your family. Congratulations are in order as you have done well in the raising of your Son. God Bless!

Thanks so much for all the kind words. It's a very exciting time for my family. My son is very smart, he scored in the 100th percentile on the MCAT. I can't take credit for both of my kids intelligence, because even though I refer to them as my son and daughter, I'm actually their step dad. I consider them my own kids in every way.

My wife's a great mother and deserves most of the credit! The timing of my son starting med school at Pitt works out well, because we were planning on starting to attend a lot of Pitt football games for the first time in a while. My daughter is a D1 athlete in graduate school and this is her last year of edibility. I'm very proud of her too. She graduated in 3 years and is pursuing 2 masters degrees simultaneously.

For many years, we haven't been able to to make the trip in to see as many Pitt games as we'd like, because of my daughter's games, practice, travel tournaments, etc. I miss going to all Pitt games so much (for many years I went to every game, home and away), but I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. Seeing her achieve her goals after a lot of obstacles (she tore her ACL twice) is amazing.

Anyway, now Pitt games will partially fill the void of my daughter not playing anymore and we'll be able to visit my son when we're in Pittsburgh.

Hail to Pitt!

Thanks so much for all the kind words. It's a very exciting time for my family. My son is very smart, he scored in the 100th percentile on the MCAT. I can't take credit for both of my kids intelligence, because even though I refer to them as my son and daughter, I'm actually their step dad. I consider them my own kids in every way.

My wife's a great mother and deserves most of the credit! The timing of my son starting med school at Pitt works out well, because we were planning on starting to attend a lot of Pitt football games for the first time in a while. My daughter is a D1 athlete in graduate school and this is her last year of edibility. I'm very proud of her too. She graduated in 3 years and is pursuing 2 masters degrees simultaneously.

For many years, we haven't been able to to make the trip in to see as many Pitt games as we'd like, because of my daughter's games, practice, travel tournaments, etc. I miss going to all Pitt games so much (for many years I went to every game, home and away), but I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. Seeing her achieve her goals after a lot of obstacles (she tore her ACL twice) is amazing.

Anyway, now Pitt games will partially fill the void of my daughter not playing anymore and we'll be able to visit my son when we're in Pittsburgh.

Hail to Pitt!

That's impressive. No doubt he had his choice of many great med schools. Going to Pitt Med is just the cherry.

Congrats on not screwing up your kids! ;-)

Reactions: S'port PITT
He had several other offers and decided on Pitt. I'm very proud of him!

Hail to Pitt!
Great for you, the wife, and the kids! Good luck to all and HTP!

Impressive achievement! A medical degree from Pitt is held in high regard worldwide.

Hail to Pitt!
That's awesome. For her to do what She has done academically and on the field is outstanding. She needs to teach others how to MANAGE TIME. My father went to Pitt night school for ten years (1960-1970) to get his doctorate degree in education while teaching and playing in several stage bands (50's and 60's) to make extra money. It comes down to one thing.....TURN OFF THE BOOB TUBE......Sorry, I channeled Pop there for a minute. Congrats to both your kids for their achievements. Obviously have great role models.

Hail to Pitt!
Sorry to hear how your kids are struggling.....:rolleyes:

Seriously, you must be very, very proud. Good job Dad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT