ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA Playoffs

Ski11585

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Oct 25, 2008
Who ya got?

I got Lakers over Bucks in the finals in 6.

ETA:

Lakers over Warriors
Grizz over Spurs
Warriors over Grizz

Boston over Washington
Charlotte over Indiana
Charlotte over Boston

-----------------------------

Lakers, Denver, Clipper, Utah
Lakers, Utah
Lakers

------------------------------

Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Knicks, Philly
Milwaukee, Philly
Milwaukee

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
I don’t know enough to predict but I have a question if anyone would care to answer.

For the play in, why is 7 playing 8 and 9 playing 10 instead of 7/10 and 8/9. May be a minor thing but seems stupid to me.

Reactions: jctrack
I'd take Philly over Dallas. Just pulling that one out of my ass, I don't follow the NBA that closely. But I do like Philly.

I went with Lakers over Nets at the beginning of the year. It is so tough to call this year because of all the injuries.

I don’t know enough to predict but I have a question if anyone would care to answer.

For the play in, why is 7 playing 8 and 9 playing 10 instead of 7/10 and 8/9. May be a minor thing but seems stupid to me.
Winner of 7-8 is in. Loser plays winner of 9-10 game for the last seed. Gives the 7-8 two chances to win a game and get into the playoffs.

Second Round
76ers over Hawks
Nets over Heat

Jazz over Clippers
Lakers over Denver

ECF
Nets over 76ers

WCF
Lakers over Jazz

CHAMP
Nets over Lakers

MVP: KD

Second Round
76ers over Hawks
Nets over Heat

Jazz over Clippers
Lakers over Denver

ECF
Nets over 76ers

WCF
Lakers over Jazz

CHAMP
Nets over Lakers

MVP: KD
Man I hope not. The Nets have my three least favorite players all on one team.

Who ya got?

ETA:

Lakers over Warriors
Grizz over Spurs
Warriors over Grizz

Boston over Washington
Charlotte over Indiana
Charlotte over Boston

Lakers, Utah
Lakers

Milwaukee, Philly
Milwaukee

All I know is that my Son and I are ALL IN on his favorite team -- The Portland Trail Blazers! If they can just play a tiny bit of defense, they can beat the Nuggets in the first round. Denver isn't quite the same without Murray.

I like Philly in the East and the Suns in the West.

Who ya got?

ETA:

Lakers over Warriors
Grizz over Spurs
Warriors over Grizz

Boston over Washington
Charlotte over Indiana
Charlotte over Boston

Lakers, Utah
Lakers

Milwaukee, Philly
Milwaukee
Philly vs Utah.

Reactions: Ski11585
I wouldn't be surprised if Lakers are knocked out by PHX in first round.

I'd be surprised..

19 - hurt

since 2011, LBJ has been in the finals every year besides 2019 when he was hurt to end the season. I'd be totally shocked if he got bounced by PHX in the first round.

Phx and Utah are good stories, they played well this year. They don't come close to stacking up against the Lakers.

Reactions: Ski11585
I'd be surprised..

19 - hurt

since 2011, LBJ has been in the finals every year besides 2019 when he was hurt to end the season. I'd be totally shocked if he got bounced by PHX in the first round.

Phx and Utah are good stories, they played well this year. They don't come close to stacking up against the Lakers.
Agreed - If the Lakers are healthy, then they are coming out of the West.

Reactions: Wanstash21
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I expect the Lakers to beat Utah. I could never believe that the NBA would allow a Memphis-Milwaukee or Utah-Indiana or another small market match-up for the championship.

Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I expect the Lakers to beat Utah. I could never believe that the NBA would allow a Memphis-Milwaukee or Utah-Indiana or another small market match-up for the championship.
Milwaukee is a draw with Giannis but yeah nobody wants a mountain time zone team in the finals.

Sixers over Suns finals. Embiid Finals MVP as Ayton struggles to contain him. Didn't do a full bracket, just looking forward to more games.

Love the 72 game schedule + mini play in tournament for 7/8. Bill Simmons suggested something similar years ago.

Heck of a game last night.

LeBron is still LeBron hitting that shot. But I still don't think the Lakers get out of the first round. Something seems to be just a little but "off" with that team.

But as my Son reminded me, it's a mistake to bet against LeBron.

I'd be surprised..

19 - hurt

Couple things ...

Your point about LBJ is totally well taken (despite my feeling something is just "off" with the Lakers).

But to your last line, I kept thinking Phoenix and Utah were good stories too, and that they would slide back a little bit as the year went on. But then I watched them in the last few weeks and finally became convinced they were indeed really good. Especially Utah.

Couple things ...

Your point about LBJ is totally well taken (despite my feeling something is just "off" with the Lakers).

But to your last line, I kept thinking Phoenix and Utah were good stories too, and that they would slide back a little bit as the year went on. But then I watched them in the last few weeks and finally became convinced they were indeed really good. Especially Utah.

Utah was awesome this year. I'm not crazy about Mitchell - I think he's a chucker, but every NBA team needs one. He's obviously good, but it comes down to who I trust more.

Am I really gonna take Utah in 7 games vs. Lebron and Davis? No chance. Utah relies heavily on the 3 and that carried them all season. Not that it can't be done in the playoffs, but scores drop off. Shooting drops off. Things get tight. Possessions get longer. I'll take Lebron controlling the game over anyone.

Utah was awesome this year. I'm not crazy about Mitchell - I think he's a chucker, but every NBA team needs one. He's obviously good, but it comes down to who I trust more.

Am I really gonna take Utah in 7 games vs. Lebron and Davis? No chance. Utah relies heavily on the 3 and that carried them all season. Not that it can't be done in the playoffs, but scores drop off. Shooting drops off. Things get tight. Possessions get longer. I'll take Lebron controlling the game over anyone.

Understood (and I don't even disagree). And just about every expert agrees about LeBron and the Lakers in these player. Just to me, something doesn't feel right about the team. And I thought they were awesome last year, and they added even more firepower. So I'm feeling like Utah wins, but if you asked me for a $20 bet to put my money where my mouth is, I wouldn't do it!!

Reactions: Wanstash21
Understood (and I don't even disagree). And just about every expert agrees about LeBron and the Lakers in these player. Just to me, something doesn't feel right about the team. And I thought they were awesome last year, and they added even more firepower. So I'm feeling like Utah wins, but if you asked me for a $20 bet to put my money where my mouth is, I wouldn't do it!!
No clue on the chemistry or whatever is happening with the Lakers, but they can't hit threes or free throws, and are 3rd in the league in committing the most turnovers...so that seems like a problem these days. Of course you always assume "playoff LeBron" has another gear these days.

I'd be surprised..

19 - hurt

I'm considering this year to be Lebron's first "real" playoff experience in the West, since last year was all in the bubble. I think that traveling and home crowds do make a difference.

I just don't see this Laker team as being able to make it out of the West, yet alone win it all. Plus, he's already got the built in excuse for this year that he's hurt.

Lakers have the best defense in the NBA. I think that matters. They couldn't hit threes last year either. Until they could. Then they coasted to an NBA title.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Lakers have the best defense in the NBA. I think that matters. They couldn't hit threes last year either. Until they could. Then they coasted to an NBA title.
Their defensive rating is 8th, and it doesn't improve when LeBron plays. Its good but no longer as good as Philly or Utah.

I'm considering this year to be Lebron's first "real" playoff experience in the West, since last year was all in the bubble. I think that traveling and home crowds do make a difference.

I just don't see this Laker team as being able to make it out of the West, yet alone win it all. Plus, he's already got the built in excuse for this year that he's hurt.
What makes you think that the player who is on the short list of 2 for greatest basketball player of all time, needs an excuse if his team loses?

ADVERTISEMENT