ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA Football 14 online dynasty

I was wondering why the hell you were playing on PS3. RIP to this classic game series. I had a blast with Vince Young and Texas in 2005.

F!!! I have xbox 360. Would loved to have joined. Start it up every July to play and the only reason I have the 360 still. I recently started a dynasty with ULM and got them to 5 star prestige and just accepted the Florida job this weekend.

Is there anyone here that has a PS3 and NCAA Football 14 and would be interested in joining an online dynasty? The national board is starting one up and we’d love to have more people join. Unfortunately, Pitt is already taken by yours truly.

If you are interested, check out this thread:
https://forums.rivals.com/threads/ps3-online-dynasty.747281/
why don't you kids go outside and get some fresh air and play a game or take a hike or go for a bike ride...

Last edited:
F!!! I have xbox 360. Would loved to have joined. Start it up every July to play and the only reason I have the 360 still. I recently started a dynasty with ULM and got them to 5 star prestige and just accepted the Florida job this weekend.
Sorry Dan! Sounds like fun. The one I struggle with the most is recruiting. I like to do it manually but there’s so much work that goes into it.

That game was awesome. Playing online until 4 am against goofs across the country. Oregon's triple option was sick. Miss that game soo much.
For sure. We have about 11 guys now in the Rivals dynasty. They need to bring it back! The one solution I thought of is that they buy the rights to all the teams, conferences, bowls, playoffs, etc. but just make the rosters generic. You could still download rosters online and make it a realistic game. If only...

The one solution I thought of is that they buy the rights to all the teams, conferences, bowls, playoffs, etc. but just make the rosters generic. You could still download rosters online and make it a realistic game. If only...

There are guys who had a kick starter to do just that idea! But the cost of making a AAA level quality game, even without paying for intellectual property rights, is extremely high.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
There are guys who had a kick starter to do just that idea! But the cost of making a AAA level quality game, even without paying for intellectual property rights, is extremely high.
That makes sense. That’s too bad. I heard there is a game coming out in 2020 that will have all generic teams and players but will have a playoff dynasty system and allows you to download teams and players, so we’ll how that goes. I guess we have to keep playing a five year old game until then.

Sorry Dan! Sounds like fun. The one I struggle with the most is recruiting. I like to do it manually but there’s so much work that goes into it..

I feel like iI'm one of the few that enjoys the recruiting in there The key is to go really hard for any of the prospects that have you 1st or 2nd, get them, and once week 5 comes around, there should be several top recruits who have a "locked in" % under 30%, add them to your board and then go all out for them because no other schools are. You can easily get 4-5 stars even if you're a small ass school with a crappy prestige.

I feel like iI'm one of the few that enjoys the recruiting in there The key is to go really hard for any of the prospects that have you 1st or 2nd, get them, and once week 5 comes around, there should be several top recruits who have a "locked in" % under 30%, add them to your board and then go all out for them because no other schools are. You can easily get 4-5 stars even if you're a small ass school with a crappy prestige.
Hmm, this is a good idea. Thank you. Is this the formula behind Louisiana-Monroe becoming a national powerhouse?

This is different than the strategy some of the Soundoff board guys told me. They said just go for guys that have you on their list; “Lots of good three stars out there.” Boy, are they going to be in for a surprise when Pitt starts churning out top classes :)

Hmm, this is a good idea. Thank you. Is this the formula behind Louisiana-Monroe becoming a national powerhouse?

This is different than the strategy some of the Soundoff board guys told me. They said just go for guys that have you on their list; “Lots of good three stars out there.” Boy, are they going to be in for a surprise when Pitt starts churning out top classes :)
No, just did what I said tbh. I think the first 2 years, I got my class rankings in the 20's and then year 4 when I became a 4 star prestige school, you get way better recruits from the start and then it becomes easier the more prestigious the school is. I think Pitt starts off as a 3 star school? If so, it should take you 2-3 years to get into the top 10.

I actually like the recruiting mini-game so much I sometimes would go a couple of full seasons of recruiting before I even played a game. I had a stud of a black option quarterback named Zack Lisowski from Northern Idaho.

One funny quirk is if you simulate enough seasons (say, 10), eventually Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech compete for the national title every year because the sim loves the flex bone. It's sort of broken, though most people don't play enough years to get to that.

I actually like the recruiting mini-game so much I sometimes would go a couple of full seasons of recruiting before I even played a game. I had a stud of a black option quarterback named Zack Lisowski from Northern Idaho.

One funny quirk is if you simulate enough seasons (say, 10), eventually Army, Navy, and Georgia Tech compete for the national title every year because the sim loves the flex bone. It's sort of broken, though most people don't play enough years to get to that.
Yeah that's always annoying, it took me a couple of years to figure out but I would eventually change their head coaches playbook to spread option. The option is glitched and they somehow beat everyone with it.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Yeah that's always annoying, it took me a couple of years to figure out but I would eventually change their head coaches playbook to spread option. The option is glitched and they somehow beat everyone with it.
Yup, I discovered this early on. My first two games were against Florida State and Tennessee (both user teams) and both used the spread and option + zone read. Very hard to beat. AI never stays home so when the QB keeps it, it's a very big gain.

I came in running the pro-style offense and quickly had to abandon it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT