ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL playoff wins since 2000

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
I thought this was very interesting. What jumps out for any of of you?

For me, it’s that Detroit doesn’t have one playoff win since 1992. So some people reading this weren’t even alive then. And this is the franchise we are subjected to every Thanksgiving. Sheesh!

And as futile as that is, Pittsburgh has been subjected to the Pirates and that’s even worse. If you consider a series win is similar to a football playoff win, you have to go back to 1979 for the last time the pirates won a series. I wonder what a similar chart for baseball would look like.

In the Super Bowl era, which is now like 55 years , the Lions have one playoff win. One. And they have been in existence that entire time.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I’d still be sick all these years later if I was a Browns fan. The original Browns have won two Super Bowls during that span while the new Browns haven’t even won two playoff games.
That made me think of the guy on the national board who would post a banner listing all the titles the Breveland Clowns have won . . . and I'd remind him that only one of those occurred during my lifetime, and I'm pension eligible.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I couldn't recall the Lions ever being in the playoffs, much less winning a game.

They played in one game that I remember about 7 years ago. Stafford had an MVP type season. Megatron was there. I think Darius Slay and Suh on defense? They were an 11 win team that year IIRC.

But yeah I had to think pretty hard to come up with that.

I doubt this counts the 2000 playoffs (since that would have been the 1999 season), but the Rams have been sneaky efficient. You'd never consider them to be one of the better teams since 2000, yet they've played in four Super Bowls and won two.

Conversely, you would consider the Packers to be one of the better teams (because they seem to be in contention every year), but they have only made/won one Super Bowl during that time.

Wayne Fontes?
Yeah, Cocaine Wayne was the coach that year.

They Lions actually had a halfway decent coach when Jim Caldwell was there, he got them to the playoffs 2 out of 4 years, but they fired him for missing the playoffs at 9-7.

How many have the Steelers won the past decade? Not many.

Three that I can recall. Dolphins game where Dupree knocked Tannehill into the next millenium. A low-scoring game in Kansas City the week after that. And then the game the Bengals handed us.

Losses: At Denver in the Tebow game, at Denver in the noodle-armed Manning game where I think we had a backup RB who fumbled, an AFC Championship dusting at New England, home against Baltimore, home against Cleveland, home against Jacksonville in what was the only season I considered us to be a real threat in that time, and then at KC last season. Maybe I'm missing one or two, but it hasn't been great lately.

Reactions: Dan1911 and PittAU
Three that I can recall. Dolphins game where Dupree knocked Tannehill into the next millenium. A low-scoring game in Kansas City the week after that. And then the game the Bengals handed us.

Losses: At Denver in the Tebow game, at Denver in the noodle-armed Manning game where I think we had a backup RB who fumbled, an AFC Championship dusting at New England, home against Baltimore, home against Cleveland, home against Jacksonville in what was the only season I considered us to be a real threat in that time, and then at KC last season. Maybe I'm missing one or two, but it hasn't been great lately.
Giving up 40+ to the Jags with that team reminds me of the last Dixon team that couldn’t score 40 against Wisconsin in the NCAA. When those two things happened, it convinced me that it was never gonna happen.

They played in one game that I remember about 7 years ago. Stafford had an MVP type season. Megatron was there. I think Darius Slay and Suh on defense? They were an 11 win team that year IIRC.

But yeah I had to think pretty hard to come up with that.
Yeah I was wondering if they have won their division during this time? I could check but I don’t recall without looking.

Yeah I was wondering if they have won their division during this time? I could check but I don’t recall without looking.

I assumed they did but then I looked and it was Green Bay which makes sense. Packers were 12-4 and Lions 11-5. Lions lost a road game against the 13-3 Cowboys.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

That wasn't Tannehill. He missed that game. Dupree decked Matt Moore and we beat the Dolphins 3rd stringer..

Giving up 40+ to the Jags with that team reminds me of the last Dixon team that couldn’t score 40 against Wisconsin in the NCAA. When those two things happened, it convinced me that it was never gonna happen.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Not like they snuck up on us; we lost to them earlier in the season as well. Everyone knew Bortles could mostly just dink and dunk, yet we let him do it all the way down the field. They did hit a couple well-timed shots, but he also scrambled, Fournette ran it on us again, etc. Ugly, ugly game. And we had a good team in place.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT