ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Notre Dame chatter

Unbelievably, they’ve had preliminary talks with Jay Wright. And he’s been listening.

Don’t think it happens but that’s the power of that brand to even get him to pick up the phone.
Why did Jay Wright retire?
Pay wasn't worth the new the landscape?

Unbelievably, they’ve had preliminary talks with Jay Wright. And he’s been listening.

Don’t think it happens but that’s the power of that brand to even get him to pick up the phone.

No way. If he comes back, it would have to be after a longer sabbatical......or Kentucky?????

I could see an SEC school offering him a Nick Saban-like contract but other than that or the NBA, I dont see it.

ND Football has the brand, not Men’s Basketball. I’d be stunned if he took the job.

Reactions: 303vND
Honestly with now the constant interference of transfers and NIL offers, I don't know why anyone would want to coach in college.
You can get a lot of money over the course of your career. And I think in college you can attain a little bit more job security than in the NBA. Although its still not great, I think it is relatively better in the college ranks. Plus shorter NCAA season so less time away from home and family.

Also, there are a lot of levels of the NCAA where NIL is not having a totally dramatic effect (of course, on the flip side coaches at those schools are getting paid peanuts compared to the major programs).

Why did Jay Wright retire?
Pay wasn't worth the new the landscape?
What I heard from a few friends that are well off alums at the time of his unexpected retirement was that it was rumored that his wife was battling some health issues. I don't think that has ever been confirmed, but something like that would make the most sense to me.

watching Notre dame basketball when it's at ND sucks on tv for some reason. Not sure what it is. Court always looks dark or something. just hate when we play them at their place. although on the flip side, i was a huge David Rivers fan when i was little. no clue why either, loved him.

watching Notre dame basketball when it's at ND sucks on tv for some reason. Not sure what it is. Court always looks dark or something. just hate when we play them at their place. although on the flip side, i was a huge David Rivers fan when i was little. no clue why either, loved him.
They were always on NBC in the early afternoon slot. I remember him because I thought the pregame introductions were cool (as a kid). David Rivers from Jersey City, New Jersey. The big dude from Moon (Keith Tower) was from that era as well.

I agree on this. Not sure why but I never like watching games that are televised from there. I think its the old-school bowl/circular court that throws me off. In a way, same goes for VT. The way their court is set up with a big wall behind each basket. The worst was the old Capital Center where Georgetown used to play. It was total darkness in the crowd.

Reactions: cabe23
I agree on this. Not sure why but I never like watching games that are televised from there. I think its the old-school bowl/circular court that throws me off. In a way, same goes for VT. The way their court is set up with a big wall behind each basket. The worst was the old Capital Center where Georgetown used to play. It was total darkness in the crowd.
Duke games annoy me cause the camera is in the rafters. You get the roof angle.

Reactions: rockypanther
Orlando Woolridge and Kelly Tripucka w the Stache and White tube socks pulled up over the knee. Glorious times.

Thanks for clarification Woodward....

I was actually thinking how BballinsiderfromPitt reminds me of some fake news reporters. Some of the stuff they report is true and some of it so poorly sourced but it sounds good and the audience will like it so he runs with it.

I was actually thinking how BballinsiderfromPitt reminds me of some fake news reporters. Some of the stuff they report is true and some of it so poorly sourced but it sounds good and the audience will like it so he runs with it.
As opposed to you who makes up things like conference within a conference, your own version of categories of conferences or May Madness…

As opposed to you who makes up things like conference within a conference, your own version of categories of conferences or May Madness…

The conference within a conference is real. Currently getting 4 of 12 in (Miami, NC St, Pitt, Clem). And May Madness should have happened. They dropped the ball big time. The NBA playoffs were packed to the rafters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT