ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OKay, YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS!!!

It is concerning that the court allowed him into the meeting with that as his screen name. They should control the entry to the meeting using the waiting room feature.

It is concerning that the court allowed him into the meeting with that as his screen name. They should control the entry to the meeting using the waiting room feature.
Seems common sense. But expecting common sense is maybe defying common sense.

Speaking of common sense, can New Zealanders go anywhere other than Australia, like the Pacific Islands?

Reactions: USN_Panther

He actually did use the waiting room. The judge specifically let the guy in so that he could jump on his case before sending him back to the waiting room to fix it

Reactions: USN_Panther
I'll bet that screen name was used when he chatted with the fellow "Mystery Science Theater 3000" fans.

It seems appropriate for fans of that show.

Seems common sense. But expecting common sense is maybe defying common sense.

Speaking of common sense, can New Zealanders go anywhere other than Australia, like the Pacific Islands?
Currently there is a quarantine-free bubble with Australia. There is a plan to open this to the Cook Islands soon. Other Pacific islands will be planned soon also. NZ had about 10% of the population fully vaccinated now (me included). That includes the border, front-line health and transport/port workers, and getting through the rest homes and aged care facilities. I think they'll open up the vaccine roll-out from there. It seems to be going well and is ahead of target.
I think they'll keep the border closed to the hot-spot countries for a while.
I could come to the US if I wanted to, and then would need to spend 14 days in managed isolation upon return. I think that would be dumb unless I had a major family emergency to attend to back in the US, so waiting it out here.
I am reluctant to travel to Aussie because they still end up with the odd community case and then NZ freaks out and restricts travel and forces returning travelers to isolate. I don't want to lose 14 days of my life so not willing to risk that just yet.

Reactions: CougarClaws
Currently there is a quarantine-free bubble with Australia. There is a plan to open this to the Cook Islands soon. Other Pacific islands will be planned soon also. NZ had about 10% of the population fully vaccinated now (me included). That includes the border, front-line health and transport/port workers, and getting through the rest homes and aged care facilities. I think they'll open up the vaccine roll-out from there. It seems to be going well and is ahead of target.
I think they'll keep the border closed to the hot-spot countries for a while.
I could come to the US if I wanted to, and then would need to spend 14 days in managed isolation upon return. I think that would be dumb unless I had a major family emergency to attend to back in the US, so waiting it out here.
I am reluctant to travel to Aussie because they still end up with the odd community case and then NZ freaks out and restricts travel and forces returning travelers to isolate. I don't want to lose 14 days of my life so not willing to risk that just yet.
Really unsure situation. I know someone who is based in NZ but does business in the islands. What a mess.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT