ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OMG....Cure fans, Modest Mouse fans...this just happened!!!!

Modest Mouse may likely always hold the position of “worst concert I’ve ever seen”.
(With the condition being that we are considering “national acts” vs. some local band, kids concerts at school or even this piano lesson my daughter is plodding through right now).

They could release something as good as Lonesome Crowded West tomorrow and I wouldn’t go see them.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
This is spectacular. My all time favorite Cure song!!!!

Went to the Sun Goes Down concert at Acrisure yesterday…and I was fired up when the Zach Brown band covered The Beastie Boys Sabbotage. It was great. Not sure those thousands of beautiful girls in attendance in their skimpy outfits knew what it was…but it was a heck of a prelude into the next song on the set list when the band and a busting at the seams Acrisure sang a song about fried chicken and cold beer.

Went to the Sun Goes Down concert at Acrisure yesterday…and I was fired up when the Zach Brown band covered The Beastie Boys Sabbotage. It was great. Not sure those thousands of beautiful girls in attendance in their skimpy outfits knew what it was…but it was a heck of a prelude into the next song on the set list when the band and a busting at the seams Acrisure sang a song about fried chicken and cold beer.
In fairness, Zach brown is the only reason to go to that concert .
He’s actually talented .
Unlike Jimmy buffet Jr

In fairness, Zach brown is the only reason to go to that concert .
He’s actually talented .
Unlike Jimmy buffet Jr
Wow. Another no talent Kenny performing in that stadium? Will this be a Kenny debate of another kind? Lol.

Zach Brown made it worth it no doubt. He also covered Bohemian rhapsody and The Eagles too. Oh, and Charlie Daniels Devil went down to Georgia which probably isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. But the talents and range are clear. I didn’t realize that he also is an EDM artist.

But Kenny is Kenny. I can’t say I know a lot about him but he’s a guy with a super long list of party anthems that are easy to sing along too and good to download to a playlist when you’re on the beach. He may not have Taylor Swift talents but he has plenty enough that he’s a phenomenon. And he’s a good performer live, even though it appears to me that he performs over a voice track. So if that’s true and I bet it is, then yeah it’s a knock. I’ve never been to a Buffet show but I can’t imagine he performed with the energy that Chesney does.

Wow. Another no talent Kenny performing in that stadium? Will this be a Kenny debate of another kind? Lol.

Zach Brown made it worth it no doubt. He also covered Bohemian rhapsody and The Eagles too. Oh, and Charlie Daniels Devil went down to Georgia which probably isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. But the talents and range are clear. I didn’t realize that he also is an EDM artist.

But Kenny is Kenny. I can’t say I know a lot about him but he’s a guy with a super long list of party anthems that are easy to sing along too and good to download to a playlist when you’re on the beach. He may not have Taylor Swift talents but he has plenty enough that he’s a phenomenon. And he’s a good performer live, even though it appears to me that he performs over a voice track. So if that’s true and I bet it is, then yeah it’s a knock. I’ve never been to a Buffet show but I can’t imagine he performed with the energy that Chesney does.
Chesney is a certainly just a pop artist, whose best song was 25 years ago .
The whole scene is just the modern parrot heads.
It’s why it’s just a party scene .
Same way the dead heads do with phish

Those same girls will be a DMB next but the crowd won’t care about them :)

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I've seen Modest Mouse twice. Rostraver Ice Garden in '08 where people were dropping of heat stroke because it was stuffed up in there. Then Stage AE in '12. I don't recall thinking they were particularly great or particularly bad live. I think there was a brass band at the '08 show which was nice.

Either way, I'll be there for them at Stage AE Friday night. That was a great Cure cover in the OP.

Anyone like alt-country? If so, one of the icons of the genre will be playing two nights at the City Winery in Pittsburgh. I'll be seeing them that same week at the Kent Stage.

The Jayhawks!

Modest Mouse may likely always hold the position of “worst concert I’ve ever seen”.
(With the condition being that we are considering “national acts” vs. some local band, kids concerts at school or even this piano lesson my daughter is plodding through right now).

They could release something as good as Lonesome Crowded West tomorrow and I wouldn’t go see them.
I'm a huge Modest Mouse fan but they're known as a bad live act. Isaac Brock can go way overboard partying before and during a show and he's not the type of talent whose act is amplified when he's high.

I almost went to see them with my then girlfriend in NYC in 2010 but there was a monsoon or something so we didn't head all the way to Brooklyn just to roll the dice on a band she had never listened to. Probably the right call.

I doubt that I will ever see them live. I'll just enjoy their albums and not ruin my feelings for them on a separate experience that they clearly aren't good at.

I missed Lucero at Mr Smalls , cause my kid had a sleepover at our house
I've never seen them. They came to Cleveland last November, but I wasn't able to make it. I'm keeping my eye out for future stops. They'd be perfect for the Kent Stage in Kent. Great little venue. They get a lot of adult alternative type acts.

I've never seen them. They came to Cleveland last November, but I wasn't able to make it. I'm keeping my eye out for future stops. They'd be perfect for the Kent Stage in Kent. Great little venue. They get a lot of adult alternative type acts.
Saw them at a music festival in Raleigh - because a big fan
Reminds me if the E Street Band was from Memphis

Reactions: OH Pete
Well they didn't show up 3 hours late and do a 40 minute set so that's a start. Not enough Moon and Antarctica. Better than the last couple shows I saw them at though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT