ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pat McAfee

I watched a few minutes but thought he was just the coach. I knew he was a good soccer player for Plum. They said he played club also. Hotspurs I'd assume?
I thought AFFC or Penns Forest. Not sure.

Doubt it was Spurs. Back in those days, Forest was a big club in the eastern burbs.

I watched a few minutes but thought he was just the coach. I knew he was a good soccer player for Plum. They said he played club also. Hotspurs I'd assume?
By the way, I think he’s just a commentator on WWE but he did wrestle a couple years ago. He was natural and did things athletically that those guys train for years to do.

I watched some of these games the last 2 nights and it's pretty entertaining, a hybrid of outdoor and indoor soccer on a smaller field. I saw the game where McAfee made that great assist, he seems like he knows how to play but is just not in running shape-he looked gassed after playing 3-4 minutes. I also noticed that indoor players I recognized from watching Baltimore Blast over the years where well represented and this format fits their skills. His team also had former USAMNT guys, Brek Shea and Geoff Cameron. It's entertaining pseudo soccer and the games are only one hour; I plan to watch some more of this.

I watched some of these games the last 2 nights and it's pretty entertaining, a hybrid of outdoor and indoor soccer on a smaller field. I saw the game where McAfee made that great assist, he seems like he knows how to play but is just not in running shape-he looked gassed after playing 3-4 minutes. I also noticed that indoor players I recognized from watching Baltimore Blast over the years where well represented and this format fits their skills. His team also had former USAMNT guys, Brek Shea and Geoff Cameron. It's entertaining pseudo soccer and the games are only one hour; I plan to watch some more of this.

JJ Watt is playing for Burnley.

I saw that too, yesterday, he wasn't useless but didn't do much other than be big. Like I said I was watching this the last 2 nights.

I so want to say a team of NBA or NFL players enter this. That would be absolute must-watch TV.

Pat McAfee made Beadling's All-Time 125th Anniversary team. Didn't realize he played for them. Also, I wonder if that wasnt just for publicity because I doubt he was a D1 level player. Probably more of a PSAC-level soccer player.

Pat McAfee made Beadling's All-Time 125th Anniversary team. Didn't realize he played for them. Also, I wonder if that wasnt just for publicity because I doubt he was a D1 level player. Probably more of a PSAC-level soccer player.
This is like judging Heisman winners by how they did in the pros, maybe he was good specifically playing for that team, with no concern about what he accomplished in soccer after.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT