ADVERTISEMENT

OT; Patrick Queen

ShipofFools

Freshman
Feb 25, 2021
When he became a free agent I was hoping the Steelers would look to sign him. He was a 2nd team All-Pro last year. Has really come on the last couple years . Still only 24 and former #1 draft pick in 2020.

Not only helps the Steelers, but puts a little dagger into the Ravens.

Is Roquan Smith coming with him? Because before Smith got there Queen was JAG. There is reason the Ravens traded for Smith and immediately signed him to a big deal. Now they just let Queen walk.

Is Roquan Smith coming with him? Because before Smith got there Queen was JAG. There is reason the Ravens traded for Smith and immediately signed him to a big deal. Now they just let Queen walk.
When they aquired Smith they moved Queen to the weak side where he was very productive. Ravens just signed DT Justin Madebuike to a 4 year $98 million contract. They will have Hamilton to re-sign soon and he is going to cost. Smith is on a 5 year $100 million contract.

Perhaps they let him walk due to cap considerations. Similar to when the Steelers had to let Hargrave walk. Queen was considered the top ILB free agent available. With Holcomb a question mark as to a return and Alexander unsigned they needed to bulk up that position. It is one less need in the draft. Let's just hope he can continue to be as productive as he was.

He's a higher end free agent than they normally get, I just wish they'd spend some more on offense, they need a center big time, maybe an OT too.

Reactions: 303vND
He's a higher end free agent than they normally get, I just wish they'd spend some more on offense, they need a center big time, maybe an OT too.
I think they will address those holes early in the draft if they don't sign any FAs. There seems to be some pretty promising tackles available, plus a few centers too.

Reactions: HailtoPitt
Supposedly, they went after Mitch Morse before he signed in Jacksonville. Seems like the center from Oregon would be a natural fit in the first round. The problem is that is pretty obvious to the rest of the league now, which may drive up the price if we need to trade up.

***Note***

I didn't realize this topic was discussed in the Russ Wilson thread until I opened that thread up after. Sorry for the repetition.

Reactions: pittmeister
MLB has been an issue for years. This was a very good addition. They also got a CB and jettisoned Johnson. Good day.

I would go OT 1st round, since they can probably still get a good center prospect in round 2. Plenty of WRs to grab later.

Reactions: ShipofFools
No one drafts 2nd and 3rd day WRs better than the Steelers. I am confident they will grab a couple good wide outs in the draft. Definitely need to go C or OT in the 1st.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
I can't get over the fact that NFL MLBs are now 6'0" 230 lbs. But they can run 4.5s. I guess I'm showing my age, but the game has changed from when I played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT