ADVERTISEMENT

Ot: pens

Yeah all of this "they'll never win another cup with this group" is a bit misguided. It may be true, but....

The whole nation of Canada has not won a Cup since 1993. That will be a 20 year anniversary celebration next year if the Leafs or Oilers don't.
The Rangers have won ONE Cup since 1940!!!
The Flyers have not won a Cup since 1975.
The Canucks, Panthers, Sabres, Senators, Sharks, Jets and Arizona have never won the cup.
The Islanders haven't won since 1982.
The Leafs haven't won a Cup since 1967!!!!

My point here is that is not all that easy or common to win a cup, let alone 3 with this core, and 5 in 30 years like the Pens have done.
Ok, but… there’s is a pretty significant amount of slack in the measuring tape between “Winning The Cup” and “Making the playoffs, like almost every NHL team does, and then getting bounced in the first round“

It is starting to sound like the Steelers/Mike Tomlin rationalization.

Hey, in both cases, if the team sells mucho tickets and makes solid profit using “happy just to make it” business plan, then it is a great strategy from the accounting point of view, but it isn’t quite as good a deal for the fans.

Ok, but… there’s is a pretty significant amount of slack in the measuring tape between “Winning The Cup” and “Making the playoffs, like almost every NHL team does, and then getting bounced in the first round“

It is starting to sound like the Steelers/Mike Tomlin rationalization.

Hey, in both cases, if the team sells mucho tickets and makes solid profit using “happy just to make it” business plan, then it is a great strategy from the accounting point of view, but it isn’t quite as good a deal for the fans.
Almost every team makes the playoffs?

Penguins sign Archibald, wtf.
Hextall better do something quick, this team is pretty stale.

Honestly, I am fine with signing Jagr. For a day contract. Then he can retire as a Penguin and the Pens can retire his number.
I get why they haven’t done it yet (still technically playing), but it’s long overdue. I’m glad Malkin and Letang re-signed because I didn’t want them ending their careers elsewhere like Jagr.

I was not aware of the rentals the Rangers had picked up last year that would be leaving. They lost a couple of guys that played well for them in the Playoffs.

Gaudreau to the Blue Jackets, and Hurricanes and Rangers did well too. Metro will be tough as always.

LOL....the Flyers just fell completely all over themselves. What a toxic mess that franchise will be next year with Torts. Honestly, it was once one of the NHL's flagship franchises, but like a party I am watching, they just seem to be continually doubling down on stupid and becoming so insular. They have become the Cleveland Browns of the NHL. Watch them tank, and lose the draft lottery and end up picking 3rd.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT