ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pirates 1979 World Series Special to air on Saturday...

Ah yes, those thrilling days of yesteryear!
Now PNC hosts Phillie home games!

Never to be seen again in our lifetimes, or more accurately, the Nutting regime.
PIttsburghers now go to the ballpark for free shirts, bobbleheads and fireworks.

Used to be wins and championships. Sad.

Ah yes, those thrilling days of yesteryear!
Now PNC hosts Phillie home games!

Never to be seen again in our lifetimes, or more accurately, the Nutting regime.
PIttsburghers now go to the ballpark for free shirts, bobbleheads and fireworks.

Used to be wins and championships. Sad.
Ditto!!!

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Willie came through Presby Hospital "back in the day" when my Mother was a patient and stopped to chat with many of the patients in their rooms. He was very kind and caring and it really brightened up her day.
Surreal story. My relative worked for a local higher end car dealer in E Liberty. One time early 70s, a guy came riding up to the dealer on bicycle and he had a bag he was carrying. He parked it and went in, a salesman waited on him. It was Willie Stargell. He needed a car, he had given away the one he had in town. Had X thousands of cash, in hundreds, in the bag, apparently enough to cover what a new luxury car would cost in 1973 or whatever. Bought one that was parked in the showroom. They hustled to prep it, when it was ready, he tossed his bike in the back and drove off. My relative swears the veracity of the story. Said he was the greatest guy, was entertaining all the workers and customers with stories, autographs etc while waiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT