ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pitt Titusville avoids the hatchet

CrazyPaco

Athletic Director
Jul 5, 2001
http://www.post-gazette.com/news/ed...rustees-Tituville-campus/stories/201802230175

Titusville is Pitt's only 2-year campus, only has 295 total students enrolled, and sits on only about two and a half blocks.

Pitt will keep it open and retain ownership while leasing some space to other educational and training entities and coordinate education between itself and them. In my opinion, this is the right move. This could work and you don't want to permanently dispose of something when you don't know what things will be like 50 years down the road.

UPT-830x553.jpg

I think we will start seeing struggling schools start to integrate more and more non higher education type training into their campuses.

I think we will start seeing struggling schools start to integrate more and more non higher education type training into their campuses.

That is smart. I'd like to see non profit schools offer more of the often for profit job training programs that exist at some of the national chains.

Reactions: e-fresh
http://www.post-gazette.com/news/ed...rustees-Tituville-campus/stories/201802230175

Titusville is Pitt's only 2-year campus, only has 295 total students enrolled, and sits on only about two and a half blocks.

Pitt will keep it open and retain ownership while leasing some space to other educational and training entities and coordinate education between itself and them. In my opinion, this is the right move. This could work and you don't want to permanently dispose of something when you don't know what things will be like 50 years down the road.

UPT-830x553.jpg

Waiting to see how Penn State deals with their 20 or more branch campuses that are also dealing with state budget cuts.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Titusville is a cool little town with some interesting history. Lots of historical homes from the oil days.....but like most towns in that area, it's struggling. They have a small hospital, but I'm not sure it's affiliation.

They also have a nice brewery located downtown close to their Pitt campus.

Waiting to see how Penn State deals with their 20 or more branch campuses that are also dealing with state budget cuts.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Titusville is a bit of a different situation because it is only a 2 year school. Pitt, IMO, really didn’t run it right to grow as it was needed in the current climate. It was essentially a community college with non-community college tuition. Some credits wouldn’t even transfer to other Pitt campuses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT