ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pizza Ovens

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
I’m not talking about built-in ones, but the ones you can buy for outdoor use. Stand-alone, either electric or charcoal for fuel.

Masha makes excellent pizza from scratch, but I want to get her a pizza oven to make it faster and easier (and hopefully even better).

We have space/size limitations in that we can’t have any gas appliances in this building (even using propane canisters) and we have 7 “Juliet” balconies which all are very small. I have a Ninja electric outdoor grill with a built-in smoker to give food a charcoal flavor. I bought the smallest one that Ninja makes and to use it on its stand, I have to stand inside while the grill and stand are outside. The balcony has double French doors, so it is fairly easy to do that. The smoker is on the outside of the grill and uses pellets and the smoke is funneled inside the grill over the cooking area. It is very good, but I’m sure nowhere near the quality of the ones written about here in threads about barbecue grills, smokers and air fryers, etc.

So, I would be most interested in smaller pizza ovens if anyone recommends one. Ninja makes one electric one that heats to 700 Fahrenheit that will fit, but I want to see what other options there might be.

We actually have a great pizza restaurant about 150 yards from our apartment, but Masha’s pizzas are just as good and it usually has about a 15-30 minute wait to be seated.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.