ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Restaurants BYOB

Social distancing? 6 feet away? Masks? Rioters/Protests arm in arm, in the thousands. I mean it's not hard to figure out. To flat out say it had no effect is a complete lie by the left. Completely irresponsible. But going to church or a local bar is the problem.... Give me a break.
They’re all the problem.

I don't know about you but I wish a mask was developed that protest your mouthal ( just made that one up) exhaust and feel good to wear!

The actual contract tracing regarding the recent uptick has demonstrated it’s not protest related
It’s bars, restaurants , and yes big church gatherings in “open” places where masks requirements aren’t enforced or even required
So then it wasn't from beach goers!

Well - many restaurants are now closing again. My youngest coming home and we were going to celebrate with a nice dinner out Saturday night - not.

The profit margins for many establishments is just too tight without alcohol sales. It's a shame and although it's easy for some here to say oh well, these ARE livelihoods and if someone just jerked your business away - again - not sure how complacent you would be.

What's even worse is all the business will be driven to Butler, Washington and surrounding counties.

How many police officers, almost all not wearing a mask, get sick while at outdoor protests around the country? How many people not wearing masks in crowded bars with little fresh air circulated in got sick?

So then it wasn't from beach goers!

The woman from the Allegheny County Health Department was on television earlier today and she said the "big three", as it were, are bars, restaurants and people coming back from vacations outside the area. She also said that there were some cases from people involved in the protests, but not nearly as many as those three.

How many police officers, almost all not wearing a mask, get sick while at outdoor protests around the country? How many people not wearing masks in crowded bars with little fresh air circulated in got sick?
Well, bodes well for outdoor football games at least.

And while I'm at it - there is a HUGE distinction between testing positive and being sick. Testing positive does NOT mean sick. And there is also a wide variable in "being sick". Achy, temp - i.e. self-limiting vs. in the ICU.

Call me crazy, but I'm waiting for actual hospital data before I start ripping out my hair. In the meantime I respect myself and others. Wear your masks and wash your hands. Protect those most vulnerable. The virus is not going away. But it also doesn't mean PANIC. I feel like we've lost all common sense.

Social distancing? 6 feet away? Masks? Rioters/Protests arm in arm, in the thousands. I mean it's not hard to figure out. To flat out say it had no effect is a complete lie by the left. Completely irresponsible. But going to church or a local bar is the problem.... Give me a break.
Masks work
The contact tracing is demonstrating where the super spreaders are occurring

Masks work
The contact tracing is demonstrating where the super spreaders are occurring
I love how you continue to massage your message as more information comes out. Your polarizing “smarter than you approach” is tiring. My guess is you were great on the debate team however.

I get a kick out of the contact tracing gurus now. Most new cases reported being at bars? No friggin way... Most common out of state travelers visited Carolina Beaches.... I can't believe it, no Pittsburghers hit the Outer Banks. Let me guess... Virginia and Maryland beaches were 2nd and 3rd?

Here's the problem. Most people don't know where they got it, and the contact tracers don't know either. At a Southside bar, a bar in Oakland, the gas station, or anywhere else they were. Who spread it to them and where did they get it?

I think it's foolish to use contact tracing info on where people went the last two days as some kind of study on how COVID spreads. There are way too many variables. The value of it is to inform others that this person has tested positive for COVID and you had contact with them.

I think it's foolish to use contact tracing info on where people went the last two days as some kind of study on how COVID spreads. There are way too many variables. The value of it is to inform others that this person has tested positive for COVID and you had contact with them.

Have you seen any of the contact tracing models out of South Korea? The visuals of the person who spread it to others mapped out in places like offices and restaurants was very interesting. They included the location of the a/c vents as well. It's pretty interesting.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
I get a kick out of the contact tracing gurus now. Most new cases reported being at bars? No friggin way... Most common out of state travelers visited Carolina Beaches.... I can't believe it, no Pittsburghers hit the Outer Banks. Let me guess... Virginia and Maryland beaches were 2nd and 3rd?

Here's the problem. Most people don't know where they got it, and the contact tracers don't know either. At a Southside bar, a bar in Oakland, the gas station, or anywhere else they were. Who spread it to them and where did they get it?

https://fortune.com/2020/06/26/is-i...rants-jp-morgan-chase-covid-19-outbreaks/amp/

Dining in a restaurants highly correlated with spread
https://fortune.com/2020/06/26/is-i...rants-jp-morgan-chase-covid-19-outbreaks/amp/

Here's the problem with contact tracing.

They ask specific questions like "have you been outside the area to travel for work or vacation and where?" Rightfully so.

They ask "Have you visited or frequented any establishments with large gatherings of people such as bars and restaurants?"

They don't ask at all about "did you or come into contact people who participated in the protests?"

Here's the problem with contact tracing.

They ask specific questions like "have you been outside the area to travel for work or vacation and where?" Rightfully so.

They ask "Have you visited or frequented any establishments with large gatherings of people such as bars and restaurants?"

They don't ask at all about "did you or come into contact people who participated in the protests?"
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...did-not-cause-spike-in-coronavirus-cases/amp/

Shocking. Things were reopened and the virus spread. Things were reopened and everyone rushed out to restaurants. When everyone was at home, the virus didn't spread. This isn't news or surprising.

Did any of these restaurant goers also protest?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT