ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ronaldo to make $217 million/year in 🇸🇦 league

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

He will make over half a billion in 2.5 years. I get that its more for his name and marketability than his play at this point but a half billion for 2.5 years, that's pretty disgusting. The money these Middle Easterners are throwing into sports is outrageous. We need some of them to invest in the Pirates or the Pitt Football NIL fund. Would you be open to 1 game per year in Riyadh?

It's just another thing like LIV Golf, they have a ton of money and just pay it to buy shiny toys, name brand over the hill players, they should start a football league, maybe Tom Brady could get $1 billion for a one year contract.

More sportswashing.
Maybe that's part of the motivation. But I'm starting to get the impression that the uber wealthy in these middle east countries simply have more money than the richest class in the US (or at least they enjoy pro sports more than richest class in the US), so why wouldn't they use their money to have the top talent play in their own league?

He will make over half a billion in 2.5 years. I get that its more for his name and marketability than his play at this point but a half billion for 2.5 years, that's pretty disgusting. The money these Middle Easterners are throwing into sports is outrageous. We need some of them to invest in the Pirates or the Pitt Football NIL fund. Would you be open to 1 game per year in Riyadh?
Even more ridiculous, Aaron Rodgers is guaranteed $59.5 million next year, if he plays.

Us women’s soccer team deserves some of this money
Ha!! Don Lemon disagrees. But this bimbo on the left thinks that the problem is that executives aren’t investing in woman’s sports? I’ve said it a hundred times In This forum, I support womens sports more than anyone here, but this woman is loopy.

Ha!! Don Lemon disagrees. But this bimbo on the left thinks that the problem is that executives aren’t investing in woman’s sports? I’ve said it a hundred times In This forum, I support womens sports more than anyone here, but this woman is loopy.

Ok, so I understand that female co-host's point. Men's sport had a 100 year head start or whatever so that men's sports culture is why people watch men's sports more. I think she is 10% right. I think had women's sports been televised since the 50s, they'd have a larger TV audience but not much. Men watch sports more than women. Men would rather watch men play.

All this being said, I'm not sure that the men's team truly splits FIFA Men's WC payouts equally. Has anyone seen the actual contract? I dont even think the men's team gets those bonuses dollar for dollar. FIFA pays the USSF, not Christian Pulisic. Then the USSF probably has some bonus system set up for advancing.

Here is what I think it is:

- Players from both teams make the same salary

- Bonus structure for WC is the same

Example: if men's team advances to knockout round, each players gets $500K or whatever. If women's team advances to knockout round this summer, they get the same. By the same token, the women would get the same bonus for winning the WC as if the men did. The women were getting peanuts before because FIFA bonuses for the women's tournament were infinitely smaller.

I dont think this is as simple as FIFA cutting a WC check and the USSF taking half of that money and giving it to 26 women's players.

ADVERTISEMENT