ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Seen a zombie last night

Jul 19, 2022
Now this ain't meant as some debate over what and what does not exist. I know some of yinz are Catholic. But I can tell you as sure as a banana is yellow that I seen a zombie last night walking through a cemetery. And he wasn't too happy that I seen him. I was walking the trail in West Newton late last night. This was about 1:30 am (13:30 military time). As some of you bikers and joggers know, it leads right up to the cemetery. So I decided to go up, since I'm pretty sure I was being trailed by a coyote. I sit down to eat a milky way, and I heard some rustling over by a tall grave. I'm thinking gopher or cat or something... maybe even a snapping turtle the way it was moving. I look up and it's the Night of the Living Dead all over again, except there was just one. He looked over and saw me, but I think he knew he could never catch me so he just put his head down in disgust. I eyed him a little longer, but then he disappeared into the weeds. I'd say I was about 30 yards away from him. Normally I would move in for a closer look, but I remember hearing as a child that they are smart and will set traps. So I wasn't gonna be his dinner (or maybe breakfast, since it was pretty clear that he just woke up). Any of yinz ever see anything like this? I guarantee you they are all over the place if you know where to look.

We ride bikes through West Newton in the summer and I rent my bike from that shop next to the bridge. Haven't seen any zombies except for the new generation of non-verbal/interactive kids who can't put their phones down.

Probably just an old drunk from the Moose Club. Some of those guys look like they've been dead for years.

Well zombies often behave like drunks due to the fermentation in their flesh. But this was a real one. Once you see one, the gait is unmistakable. So is the deep moan they let out.

Now this ain't meant as some debate over what and what does not exist. I know some of yinz are Catholic. But I can tell you as sure as a banana is yellow that I seen a zombie last night walking through a cemetery. And he wasn't too happy that I seen him. I was walking the trail in West Newton late last night. This was about 1:30 am (13:30 military time). As some of you bikers and joggers know, it leads right up to the cemetery. So I decided to go up, since I'm pretty sure I was being trailed by a coyote. I sit down to eat a milky way, and I heard some rustling over by a tall grave. I'm thinking gopher or cat or something... maybe even a snapping turtle the way it was moving. I look up and it's the Night of the Living Dead all over again, except there was just one. He looked over and saw me, but I think he knew he could never catch me so he just put his head down in disgust. I eyed him a little longer, but then he disappeared into the weeds. I'd say I was about 30 yards away from him. Normally I would move in for a closer look, but I remember hearing as a child that they are smart and will set traps. So I wasn't gonna be his dinner (or maybe breakfast, since it was pretty clear that he just woke up). Any of yinz ever see anything like this? I guarantee you they are all over the place if you know where to look.
So what is it. LSD, PCP or some other hallucinogenic substance?

Reactions: wolf0717
299162_foxshift_krusty-the-clown.png
Was it muttering curses about Pat Narduzzi and how 100 loss baseball teams are still a wonderful night out? If so that was just Bob Smizik.

those arent zombies, that's how people look in westmoreland county..

just kidding, (Not really). It was a joke, (partially), i am sure there are attractive people in westmoreland county (i havent seen one yet though)..

• Haha
Reactions: ChazzMo

just kidding, (Not really).

Westmoreland ain't too bad. People there will feed you and take you in for a few days if you show up at their door hungry and beaten up. But don't go pulling that in Fayette County. Big difference. Those people will kick you in the face and make a necklace out of your teeth. Had a buddy who used to live in a mobile home out there and his neighbor knocked on his door every night and would hold out his hand. Had to give him $5 every night or he said he would hitch his house to his truck and he'd wake up in a desert somewhere.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Westmoreland ain't too bad. People there will feed you and take you in for a few days if you show up at their door hungry and beaten up. But don't go pulling that in Fayette County. Big difference. Those people will kick you in the face and make a necklace out of your teeth. Had a buddy who used to live in a mobile home out there and his neighbor knocked on his door every night and would hold out his hand. Had to give him $5 every night or he said he would hitch his house to his truck and he'd wake up in a desert somewhere.
i know, it was a joke. i am sure it's nice. only time i've been to west newton was a renaissance fair thingy.

worked in fayette county, it's unreal man. i've said it a few times but you ever feel bad about yourself and need an ego boost, go hang out at the uniontown wal mart and you will soon feel better about life in general. even the babies there are scary looking..

George Romero Pleased!!

i know, it was a joke. i am sure it's nice. only time i've been to west newton was a renaissance fair thingy.

worked in fayette county, it's unreal man. i've said it a few times but you ever feel bad about yourself and need an ego boost, go hang out at the uniontown wal mart and you will soon feel better about life in general. even the babies there are scary looking..

Best way to tell if a baby is from Fayette County is to look around for its parents. If you don't see any, it's a Fayette baby. They just let their kids wander off like Hansel and Gretel. Or you can look in its eyes and see if you see a crack glaze. You have to know what you are looking for, but a well trained person can spot it.

Reactions: revampedpanthers

I moved to Bedford County twenty years ago.

I no longer fear hell.

Us Pitt fans love jabbing West Virginia, but you're really making it sound like overwhelming majority of Western PA (you know Pitt has branch campuses in Greensburg and Johnstown?) is no different than the Mountain State.

Ah, it was just another player de-committing from PED St.

Us Pitt fans love jabbing West Virginia, but you're really making it sound like overwhelming majority of Western PA (you know Pitt has branch campuses in Greensburg and Johnstown?) is no different than the Mountain State.

If they ain't in Fayette they are good. As far as I know we don't have a campus there. Just need to keep it that way. Let WVU build in Fayette. I do like the rock slides at Ohiopyle but I cracked my head on them pretty good a few times.

just kidding, (Not really). It was a joke, (partially), i am sure there are attractive people in westmoreland county (i havent seen one yet though)..
Heroin country

FWIW, the craziest/high/tripping dude I've ever seen was around the GameDay set after Pitt/VT 2001. Never seen anything like that guy

Meth heads can be scary ...

Reactions: persp
If they ain't in Fayette they are good. As far as I know we don't have a campus there. Just need to keep it that way. Let WVU build in Fayette. I do like the rock slides at Ohiopyle but I cracked my head on them pretty good a few times.
So now we know what happened to you!

Let me guess dirty, no teeth, barefoot? That was just a mountaineer meth head walking to the brawl starting early so he gets enough tailgating in.

Heroin country

FWIW, the craziest/high/tripping dude I've ever seen was around the GameDay set after Pitt/VT 2001. Never seen anything like that guy
Wait a minute...........that wasn't a guy who was dancing and convulsing with a bottle of vodka was it? Because I know him and it was not tripping, but like an epileptic episode. I am serious.

Best way to tell if a baby is from Fayette County is to look around for its parents. If you don't see any, it's a Fayette baby. They just let their kids wander off like Hansel and Gretel. Or you can look in its eyes and see if you see a crack glaze. You have to know what you are looking for, but a well trained person can spot it.
Hill district, Clairton, Homestead, Wilkinsburg, McKees Rocks, and Duquesne gathering facts.

I was born in Homestead. Allegheny County residents shouldn't throw stones. How many reports of babies in diapers found on the street in winter?

Our vacation house straddles Fayette and Westmoreland Counties. A lady down the street is constantly in rehab for heroin. She has three beautiful kids and a patient(too) and loving husband.

Drugs are everywhere.

Last edited:
OMG you cant think that saying I seen a Zombie is proper English. I have seen a zombie, or I saw a Zombie.

• Haha
Reactions: caleco's
Hill district, Clairton, Homestead, Wilkinsburg, McKees Rocks, and Duquesne gathering facts.

I was born in Homestead. Allegheny County residents shouldn't throw stones. How many reports of babies in diapers found on the street in winter?

Our vacation house straddles Fayette and Westmoreland Counties. A lady down the street is constantly in rehab for heroin. She has three beautiful kids and a patient(too) and loving husband.

Drugs are everywhere.
Sounds like a really nice vacation house. How do I find it on VRBO Search Vacation Home in Heroin

infested neighborhood?

I don't consider myself an expert by any means but I was always under the impression that 1:30 am is O130 military time.

OMG you cant think that saying I seen a Zombie is proper English. I have seen a zombie, or I saw a Zombie.
Do you think the poor grammar is the odd thing about that post?

This bizarre group of words made me chuckle, “it leads right up to the cemetery. So I decided to go up, since I'm pretty sure I was being trailed by a coyote. I sit down to eat a milky way,”

Do you think the poor grammar is the odd thing about that post?

This bizarre group of words made me chuckle, “it leads right up to the cemetery. So I decided to go up, since I'm pretty sure I was being trailed by a coyote. I sit down to eat a milky way,”
HAHAHA Agreed

Went up there again last night and he was gone. Probably found another cemetery to live in. Told you they don't like being spotted. That's why if you dig up some graves you will find different people in them at different times. They will switch just like you or me will move. And no I don't dig graves up but I have seen the look on a funeral home director's face when he told his undertaker that's not who we put in there 13 months ago. Would not be surprised if this one went to the cemetery by round hill park. That's a good one that they like because the hills can keep them from being seen. They will go to that sunflower patch and eat the seeds because they crave omegas.

Went up there again last night and he was gone. Probably found another cemetery to live in. Told you they don't like being spotted. That's why if you dig up some graves you will find different people in them at different times. They will switch just like you or me will move. And no I don't dig graves up but I have seen the look on a funeral home director's face when he told his undertaker that's not who we put in there 13 months ago. Would not be surprised if this one went to the cemetery by round hill park. That's a good one that they like because the hills can keep them from being seen. They will go to that sunflower patch and eat the seeds because they crave omegas.
That's awesome

Westmoreland-Fayette border sounds like it might be Seven Springs or somewhere around that area?
It might be over there too, but head straight down 51 and I think you will hit it around Perryopolis
Not enough cover in Round Hill Cemetery. Too exposed. Might head down river to the old Stringtown cemetery near Buena Vista. Plenty of hiding spots around there

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT