ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sheetz in Breezewood

Post Denny's closing there are basically no sit-down restaurants in Breezewood. There technically is a Perkins in a truck stop but it is soooooooooooo gross. The whole area is surprisingly run down for such a major interchange.

Reactions: BBrown
Saw something recently, where there is a faction trying to bypass Breezewood, as a connector from 70 to the PA. TPIKE. Too much of a bottleneck. Want a smoother transition road/ramp. That would play havoc with Breezewoodite’s!

Reactions: BBrown
All joking aside I hate that sheetz. I lived in DC for a few years and that was the halfway point that Breezewood exit for some reason that’s when you always had to go to the bathroom.

I kid you not, that bathroom was the dirtiest bathroom in the history of the western civilization. You are better off relieving yourself in your own pants and driving another 90 minutes to monroeville than walking into that bathroom

It's was just renamed:

Under The Sheetz?? yaya

I'll stick to my day job.

"save a horse ride a cowboy"
Signed: Mrs Buffett
Go CSU Rams & Pitt Panthers

Saw something recently, where there is a faction trying to bypass Breezewood, as a connector from 70 to the PA. TPIKE. Too much of a bottleneck. Want a smoother transition road/ramp. That would play havoc with Breezewoodite’s!
oh, it's those "one interstate should connect directly with another interstate like everywhere else in the country without having to get off and drive through a stupid little town" nuts again...ignore them. Carlisle the same way and even worse since you actually drive over I81 but have to get off the turnpike and drive down a busy congested road to get on it.

If I can get a good picture, I will oblige. I'll at least try to find a news article.

The new Sheetz is down the hill a bit. Closer to where you turn for 70 East. Easier to get in and out of and much bigger.

There is also a bit of history in Central PA with old Sheetz stores being repurposed. I've seen them become magistrate offices and smoke shops but never, ever a strip club.

We have a Sheetz a few towns away that was just rejected for a license to sell beer and wine. Giant, Weiss, Wegmans, etc and convienence stores are now selling beer and wine.
The town and local police cited to many police calls to that Sheetz??
We don't go there much unless the gas in real cheap but the Sheetz places must attract undesirables since other establishments in the same town like WaWa and Top Star do well.

Go CSU Rams! & Pitt Panthers!

We have a Sheetz a few towns away that was just rejected for a license to sell beer and wine. Giant, Weiss, Wegmans, etc and convienence stores are now selling beer and wine.
The town and local police cited to many police calls to that Sheetz??
We don't go there much unless the gas in real cheap but the Sheetz places must attract undesirables since other establishments in the same town like WaWa and Top Star do well.

Go CSU Rams! & Pitt Panthers!
undesirables (ie drunks) always out in full force at places that are open all night...

Reactions: BuffetParrothead

That whole interchange was a political concoction done many years ago to force the traffic from 70 to
go into breezewood. Of course the politicians owned the property and they made a killing.

You cannot have a breezwood conversation without considering Bob Evans which serves as a meeting point with our Pittsburgh in laws and has been the scene of many child swaps with cousins, kids, etc...

Plus they have clean bathrooms

Even dirtier and more filthy than the downstairs bathroom at the Dirty O? That my be the worst one I've ever encountered.
lol, not sure man, it's been a long time since I've ventured down there. anytime I had to take a leak and I was at the O, I'd wait and just go on a side street on my walk home.

Even dirtier and more filthy than the downstairs bathroom at the Dirty O? That my be the worst one I've ever encountered.

As a young child I once saw someone's shit stained whitey tighties floating in the O's bathroom sink. I'm sure I will be telling this story to a therapist one of these days.

I once saw one of Oakland's finest taking a shite between Hilman and the transparent bus stop. He was squatting and people were sitting waiting for a bus and never saw him.

One of my favorite Oakland memories

Reactions: DORT
So are the dancers wearing Pitt gear now? That could really help with Eastern PA recruiting. Just tell the kids to make sure they stop at Sheetz on the way across the Turnpike. If nothing else, it will give some of us the opportunity to contribute to the college fund for a girl who needs to work her way through school.

That whole interchange was a political concoction done many years ago to force the traffic from 70 to
go into breezewood. Of course the politicians owned the property and they made a killing.
It was because the federal laws at the time would not allow an interstate to connect to a toll road. The turnpike would have had to remove tolls in order for the connector ramps to be built. Same thing happened in Carlisle with I81.

Last edited:
I haven't been in a Sheetz since the Sandusky thing. They are owned by ped alumni and I had never seen anything PITT in any one.

It was because the federal laws at the time would not allow an interstate to connect to a toll road. The turnpike would have had to remove tolls in order for the connector ramps to be built. Same thing happened in Carlisle with I81.

That is only part of the story. Look at the design. I-70 deadheads straight into rte 30, you then have to drive by various gas stations and restaurants and turn off of another road to get onto the turnpike. All of which is a traffic nightmare.

If I can get a good picture, I will oblige. I'll at least try to find a news article.

The new Sheetz is down the hill a bit. Closer to where you turn for 70 East. Easier to get in and out of and much bigger.

There is also a bit of history in Central PA with old Sheetz stores being repurposed. I've seen them become magistrate offices and smoke shops but never, ever a strip club.
The metropolis of Windber has had 3 sheetz stores over 40 years. The original one, which was in an existing building, is now a dentist office. The second which sheetz built is now a pharmacy.

The sheetz franchise originated in Altoona and continued to branch out over the years.

I haven't been in a Sheetz since the Sandusky thing. They are owned by ped alumni and I had never seen anything PITT in any one.
I sometimes go there for coffee or gas as I do not consider myself such a lunatic that I would hold the Sheetz brothers in contempt for a football coach pedofile.

The metropolis of Windber has had 3 sheetz stores over 40 years. The original one, which was in an existing building, is now a dentist office. The second which sheetz built is now a pharmacy.

The sheetz franchise originated in Altoona and continued to branch out over the years.
is Wally Ford still there? that is the only place my old man would buy a car from.

The turnpike and I70 connect in New Stanton, and have done so for as long as I can remember, probably since day one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT