ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steeler vs. Bengals game thread

It’s pretty simple. He’s shot. Having a sieve for an OL makes it that much worse.
I don’t think he would be all that much better even if the OL was great, he just doesnt have the arm and is horribly slow. I hate the thought that we are wasting a year with some really good players at the other skill positions.

This is still a Bengals team that doesn’t really know how to win yet, so if they somehow come right back with 7 it will make them think about it a little. Not real optimistic though.

Reactions: mike 301
I don’t think he would be all that much better even if the OL was great, he just doesnt have the arm and is horribly slow. I hate the thought that we are wasting a year with some really good players at the other skill positions.

This is still a Bengals team that doesn’t really know how to win yet, so if they somehow come right back with 7 it will make them think about it a little. Not real optimistic though.
I agree. All I was saying was that the OL makes it worse. How much is anyone’s guess. But they’re sure as sh** making a big problem even worse. But of course I get it. They could bring back the really good OL of really not that long ago and turn this into a good offense. Or make Ben even adequate. Because as tough as it is, Ben’s not even adequate. Or as Tomlin would say - well below the line.

And for those hoping for Rudolph - he could be better. But he’s not the answer to any questions either. Their next QB isn’t anywhere near this roster so hope they hit on someone soon.

Reactions: BFo8
Ray Ray Mcfall on his ass ... What a clown show.. Sorry I even started this thread .

Was over after that playoff game. Too many people living in the past
Actually it was over after the Baltimore win last season. Was painfully obvious that the league had adjusted to what they were doing on offense and it was pretty much downhill from there.

Re-signing Ben was dumb. And because of that, signing Watt to that contract was ridiculous. Because you're going to waste his best years on a losing team.

Reactions: s.a.titan
I hope Tomlin doesnt want to rebuild , and hits the road with Ben.
Thanks for the ride guys, let someone else have a whack at it.

Reactions: PittPoker
I agree. All I was saying was that the OL makes it worse. How much is anyone’s guess. But they’re sure as sh** making a big problem even worse. But of course I get it. They could bring back the really good OL of really not that long ago and turn this into a good offense. Or make Ben even adequate. Because as tough as it is, Ben’s not even adequate. Or as Tomlin would say - well below the line.

And for those hoping for Rudolph - he could be better. But he’s not the answer to any questions either. Their next QB isn’t anywhere near this roster so hope they hit on someone soon.
I think Rudolph gIves them a better chance to win right now, not that that’s saying all that much. There’s a decent chance that next years starter isn’t on the roster yet.

I think Rudolph gIves them a better chance to win right now, not that that’s saying all that much. There’s a decent chance that next years starter isn’t on the roster yet.
Rudolph could very well be the starter next year. But when I said their next quarterback I probably wasn’t clear. I meant their next long term QB. And obviously they’re not exactly easy to come by. But Rudolph isn’t the one.

Rudolph could very well be the starter next year. But when I said their next quarterback I probably wasn’t clear. I meant their next long term QB. And obviously they’re not exactly easy to come by. But Rudolph isn’t the one.
And like a broken record , again I will say it. Kenny Pickett ...

The one thing Rudolph can do is get the ball down the field, and I think that’s something that would really help this team in particular. Not confident he can make all the other throws consistently enough to be a good starter in the league. He has shown enough to convince me that he is at least a very capable #2 guy and spot starter if necessary.

And like a broken record , again I will say it. Kenny Pickett ...
If he didn’t wear a Pitt uniform I doubt he’d be getting the comments here he’s getting. I don’t seee him being more than a mid round pick but I think he’ll be around the NFL for a while. I don’t see him being NFL franchise ready. And he’ll be 24. But if someone sees it in him it’ll still be worth a chance developing.

The one thing Rudolph can do is get the ball down the field, and I think that’s something that would really help this team in particular. Not confident he can make all the other throws consistently enough to be a good starter in the league. He has shown enough to convince me that he is at least a very capable #2 guy and spot starter if necessary.
Agreed. And that’s kinda how I see KP. Not that I know a dam thing. Just one guy on a couch’s take.

Reactions: mike 301
Yeah I get it . I know i'm biased . It's still early . But if he stays consistent I think he will be a higher draft pick than what you have stated .. Again . I know . I'm biased ...
QBs are as valuable as it gets. All it takes is one team to covet him. But at 24 when he joins a team - that isn’t gonna help.

But to be clear before someone gives me crap - I’m not hoping he doesn’t get drafted higher. I’d love to see him go in the 1st.

Debatable as to which Steelers QB should be in there right now. Not sure if Ben gives them the best chance to win (understanding this game is just about over).

I’m trying to figure out how Eric Ebron collects a pay check, he should give it back for the frustration he causes

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT