ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steeler vs. Bengals game thread

They’ve been way more right than wrong knowing when it’s time to move on from a player. It’s understandable to some extent with a QB as it would be deadly to move on too soon, but they whiffed with Ben.

Reactions: BFo8
Holy shit, did anyone see the end of the Ravens game? First off they leave a guy wide open on 4th and 19 that would’ve ended the game, then the refs miss an obvious delay of game that would’ve had a major effect on the outcome.

Tucker then makes a 66 yarder that bounces off and over the bar. Unbelievable

Holy shit, did anyone see the end of the Ravens game? First off they leave a guy wide open on 4th and 19 that would’ve ended the game, then the refs miss an obvious delay of game that would’ve had a major effect on the outcome.

Tucker then makes a 66 yarder that bounces off and over the bar. Unbelievable
That was nuts! The no call on the delay or game was really bad, it wasn’t a 0 then snap the ball it was 3 or 4 seconds after the play clock hit 0 before the snap.

Reactions: BFo8
Ben looks old and slow. Ben is probably playing hurt.

Ben is not responsible for an offensive penalty every other play. Ben is not responsible for the makeup of the offensive line. I doubt Ben pushed for either Banner or Okafor.

Ben is not responsible for the drops.

Ben was a great player. Ben has the heart of a lion.

Even now he is doing whatever “he” can to give us a chance to win: Running himself on third and two and taking over the offense playcalling.

It is the most anyone one player can do and it is not anywhere near enough.

Ben looks old and slow. Ben is probably playing hurt.

Ben is not responsible for an offensive penalty every other play. Ben is not responsible for the makeup of the offensive line. I doubt Ben pushed for either Banner or Okafor.

Ben is not responsible for the drops.

Ben was a great player. Ben has the heart of a lion.

Even now he is doing whatever “he” can to give us a chance to win: Running himself on third and two and taking over the offense playcalling.

It is the most anyone one player can do and it is not anywhere near enough.
Some of what you say is correct. But Ben’s washed up.

its-over-johnny-sylvester-stallone.gif

Who will tell Ben he can’t play anymore and shouldn’t be starting? Ownership?

didn’t watch either Heinz Filed game this week-worked all weekend. But Ben apologists need to stop. He’s putrid. People defending picking a rb in round 1 need to stop. Without great OL play, you see what you get even WITH a stud rb

Colbert won’t, but I’d be trading expiring contracts yesterday. JJSS is hurt, but there’s still need in the league for other bodies in a long season with lots of attrition. Time to rebuild, which they Won’t do

Reactions: PittPoker
I'll Fu*king tell him ...! Hold my beer ! You Got My Back ?
Lol. At 39 he would still kick most ass on this message board ! Lol.
Lol my question was basically who will it be between Tomlin or upper management. He really couldn’t give a damn what we think and he shouldn’t. And I don’t think Tomlin has the authority to bench Big Ben

Lol my question was basically who will it be between Tomlin or upper management. He really couldn’t give a damn what we think and he shouldn’t. And I don’t think Tomlin has the authority to bench Big Ben

I think it's going to be an injury, sooner rather than later.

Reactions: TD#33
I doubt that isn’t Tomlin’s decision. If he decides it’s best for the team I don’t see anyone stopping him. This isn’t like other situations around the league where GMs and/or owners meddle.

I doubt that isn’t Tomlin’s decision. If he decides it’s best for the team I don’t see anyone stopping him. This isn’t like other situations around the league where GMs and/or owners meddle.
I have watched this team closely since Tomlin became coach. I didn’t make that statement for no reason.

Tomlin coaches everyone BUT Roethlisberger. Big Ben only answers to ownership. Either ownership or Colbert made a comment that basically solidified what I already knew was going on

I have watched this team closely since Tomlin became coach. I didn’t make that statement for no reason.

Tomlin coaches everyone BUT Roethlisberger. Big Ben only answers to ownership. Either ownership or Colbert made a comment that basically solidified what I already knew was going on
Yep . Like it or not this is basically Ben's team . And 2 super Bowls later ?
Rightfully so .... Like it or not he's made ownership Gobs of money ...

Reactions: TD#33
I’m in the group that doesn’t think Rudolph is the long term answer, but his performance late last season against a Browns team that needed to win to make the playoffs was the best QB play I’ve seen from a Steelers QB in the last 10-12 games.

I feel the same way. I'm really not a fan of Rudolph's game but watching Ben the last 6 games or so I struggle with the conviction that Ben is any better at this point.

didn’t watch either Heinz Filed game this week-worked all weekend. But Ben apologists need to stop. He’s putrid. People defending picking a rb in round 1 need to stop. Without great OL play, you see what you get even WITH a stud rb

Colbert won’t, but I’d be trading expiring contracts yesterday. JJSS is hurt, but there’s still need in the league for other bodies in a long season with lots of attrition. Time to rebuild, which they Won’t do
Agree I would look to unload juju and Ingram. Those guys could help a playoff team and might bring a 4th rounder. I think they also should consider trying to trade anyone over 30. A guy like heyward might bring enough to let him go. He won't be here when they are ready to contend again

Reactions: Dan1911
Agree I would look to unload juju and Ingram. Those guys could help a playoff team and might bring a 4th rounder. I think they also should consider trying to trade anyone over 30. A guy like heyward might bring enough to let him go. He won't be here when they are ready to contend again
Sounds like one of those Pirates five-year plans.

Sounds like one of those Pirates five-year plans.
Why hold onto them. Ingram and juju are fa after the season they won't be back. The Steelers won't franchise either so if you love them you can always try to sign them when they a fa again. Why not get something for them it might be the difference between 5-12 and 8-9 but I would argue it's a good thing to be really bad rather than just bad. With heyward guys a really good player but I just don't see this team being a contender in 2022 and likely not 2023. If you can get a high pick for him take it and restock.

ADVERTISEMENT