ADVERTISEMENT

OT Steelers Pats

Never thought Id say this but the defense won this game. Held the pats to 10 points.

Bad ben Showed up twice. Hopefully that last FG helps boswell get out of the slump hes in He's been money before this year. THat 48 yard FG was huge.

Never thought Id say this but the defense won this game. Held the pats to 10 points.

Bad ben Showed up twice. Hopefully that last FG helps boswell get out of the slump hes in He's been money before this year. THat 48 yard FG was huge.
No kidding. Who woulda thunk that we score 17 points AND Boswell missed a chip shot, yet we still win. Gotta love it.

14 penalties called on New England. VERY strange. I guess that is all that I will say on that, for now.

Pittsburgh winning by only 7, at home, with 14 penalties called on their opponent is not very impressive in my mind. Will take the win but not an impressive victory. AFC is wide open and I can still see Baltimore making a huge run in the playoffs with that defense.

14 penalties called on New England. VERY strange. I guess that is all that I will say on that, for now.

Pittsburgh winning by only 7, at home, with 14 penalties called on their opponent is not very impressive in my mind. Will take the win but not an impressive victory. AFC is wide open and I can still see Baltimore making a huge run in the playoffs with that defense.

Given their performance the last three weeks any W is good. If the Steelers win one more game dont they eliminate the Ravens? Ravens are not going to make the playoffs. The chargers are a team on a mission and will beat the Ravens.

Given their performance the last three weeks any W is good. If the Steelers win one more game dont they eliminate the Ravens? Ravens are not going to make the playoffs. The chargers are a team on a mission and will beat the Ravens.

I would think they have a good shot at the second wild card if they dont get the division. I guess it will be a battle between Tennessee and Indy and Baltimore and maybe Pittsburgh for the last wild card.

If Pittsburgh loses one and Baltimore wins out then Baltimore wins the division at 10-6 vs 9-6-1 for Pittsburgh

Did Burns play at all after the first TD? Im on a flight to Dallas and following on line so I cant tell. If he didnt that pretty much says the bust was on Burnt Artie

Why does Ben insist on throwing deep when there is no sense to it? 2nd and 8 you have 2 chances to convert plus you want yo run clock. Why are we throwing deep?

Just read thru this thread. Wow.

In the NFL, unlike college, it isn't a beauty pageant. The gnashing of teeth here is almost exhausting.

It’s to be expected when you’re rooting for a team that has blown multiple leads late this season. Especially when you’re facing a team that just rips your heart out every time you play them.

I posted earlier in the thread the Steelers were as high as -280 before that final drive, which I thought was ridiculous. Glad to be wrong on that one.

Did he see any PT after that? If not thats bs
i may be dead wrong, probably am. but im thinking there was some kinda smokescreen set by the steelers on that shit. ya know..ok we starting him, go for him..and then have safety help.

The penalty stat that I couldn't believe is that the announcers said that was only the 4th pass interference penalty called on NE this year! Are you kidding me, 4 PI's in 14games??? You could almost call PI on every pass play.

Wow shocking they held but actually impressed they didn’t hold or commit so penalty. That hold on NE was huge
the hold on NE probably won the game. I don't think they stop them at that point without it. In that spot 10 yards is absolutely huge especially since NE really tried to use up all the clock, which left them with having to use the only the sidelines. Really shrunk the field significantly when it was already shrunk with being goal to go(basically)

Reactions: BFo8
When the Pats defense was called for Defensive Holding on a RUNNING play, they had to suspect this one might just not end up going their way for once

Reactions: gary2
the hold on NE probably won the game. I don't think they stop them at that point without it. In that spot 10 yards is absolutely huge especially since NE really tried to use up all the clock, which left them with having to use the only the sidelines. Really shrunk the field significantly when it was already shrunk with being goal to go(basically)
agreed but lets be honest was a hold..for some reason it seems the steelers dont usually get those calls

The penalty stat that I couldn't believe is that the announcers said that was only the 4th pass interference penalty called on NE this year! Are you kidding me, 4 PI's in 14games??? You could almost call PI on every pass play.

Heard that too. That’s unbelievable.

Honestly, that whole thing Belichick called at the end of the 1st half with :40 seconds remaining made me chuckle. Waaaay overthinking time management in that situation made me chuckle.

1.) you guys are a misserable bunch
2.) defense was amazing. 1 blown coverage away from keeping Brady and NE out of the end zone all game.
3.) Pats dropped some big passes
4.) Watt is an animal. That guy leaves his sack on the field after every game.
5.) Haden is a stud
6.) Samuels stepped up nice, made great reads and his 3rd down ad lib catch out of the backfield was huge
7.) OL again played well, really impressed with Feiler. Cut Gilbert in the offseason
8.) Washington and Rogers....big plays
9.) Bosswell still scares me
10.) Hope Conner is back next week

The Ravens may win a game in the playoffs, but you’re not doing shit if you can’t throw the ball. Houston and Baltimore have 0 ceiling in the playoffs.

Honestly, that whole thing Belichick called at the end of the 1st half with :40 seconds remaining made me chuckle. Waaaay overthinking time management in that situation made me chuckle.

Tomlin challenged like an idiot and Tomlin not calling a TO there were my 2 bitches about him this game. Other than that, coaches get an A+ this game.

2.) defense was amazing. 1 blown coverage away from keeping Brady and NE out of the end zone all game.
5.) Haden is a stud
6.) Samuels stepped up nice, made great reads and his 3rd down ad lib catch out of the backfield was huge
7.) OL again played well, really impressed with Feiler. Cut Gilbert in the offseason

The Ravens may win a game in the playoffs, but you’re not doing shit if you can’t throw the ball. Houston and Baltimore have 0 ceiling in the playoffs.

2) The 2 holding penalties in the red zone against New England likely prevented 2 New England touchdowns.

8) Rogers running a laughable pass pattern caused an interception in the 4th qtr that easily could have cost them the game

9) New Orleans is likely to stifle whoever is unfortunate enough to be playing in the backfield

I would definitely rather have a strong running game and overpowering defense in the playoffs. Not sure though where and why you believe Houston can't pass the ball.

If they don’t win the division

Who, Baltimore? I would have to say I would think Baltimore has a better shot at winning their last 2 games than Pittsburgh does. Maybe Pittsburgh will shock me and beat New Orleans. Who knows. I do know I am sure everyone on the Steelers will be hoping and praying for the Chargers to come through next Saturday night.

5.) Haden is a stud

lol agree with every point. all ****in 10

ADVERTISEMENT