ADVERTISEMENT

OT Steelers Pats

I would think they have a good shot at the second wild card if they dont get the division. I guess it will be a battle between Tennessee and Indy and Baltimore and maybe Pittsburgh for the last wild card.

If Pittsburgh loses one and Baltimore wins out then Baltimore wins the division at 10-6 vs 9-6-1 for Pittsburgh
If they don’t win their division I think chances are slim to none they make the wildcard. Indy and Tennessee are both playing good right now, particularly Indy. They both have very winnable home games next week (Washington and NYG) and then they play each other the last week. If it’s not Baltimore getting the wildcard because the Steelers hold on to win the division, winner of that Indy-Tenn game will likely get the last wildcard. Steelers aren’t getting it if they lose anymore.

Reactions: pittman71
2) The 2 holding penalties in the red zone against New England likely prevented 2 New England touchdowns.

8) Rogers running a laughable pass pattern caused an interception in the 4th qtr that easily could have cost them the game

9) New Orleans is likely to stifle whoever is unfortunate enough to be playing in the backfield

I would definitely rather have a strong running game and overpowering defense in the playoffs. Not sure though where and why you believe Houston can't pass the ball.
LMAO..ya miserabke prick..those things happen all the time...we just held brady to 10 f'n points

Reactions: BigBird80
Honestly, that whole thing Belichick called at the end of the 1st half with :40 seconds remaining made me chuckle. Waaaay overthinking time management in that situation made me chuckle.

I disagree, it seemed like overkill but it took away any chance the Steelers had of scoring again, which was its main intent.

LMAO..ya miserabke prick..those things happen all the time...we just held brady to 10 f'n points

14 penalties shut down New England. They haven't had that many in 5 years. If you came away from this game thinking "DAMN, Pittsburgh is a great team" then I don't know what to tell you. What they were was very fortunate.

Hell on the 3rd down pass into the end zone on the final drive they could EASILY have called Pittsburgh for illegal contact against Gronk. Maybe it was the 2nd down pass. Either way a Steeler defender put two hands on Gronk in the end zone.

Pittsburgh survived, for some reason the refs wanted Pittsburgh to win today.

Who, Baltimore? I would have to say I would think Baltimore has a better shot at winning their last 2 games than Pittsburgh does. Maybe Pittsburgh will shock me and beat New Orleans. Who knows. I do know I am sure everyone on the Steelers will be hoping and praying for the Chargers to come through next Saturday night.
The Chargers are still playing for something. That will NOT be an easy win for the Ravens.

Given that, I think the Steelers at NO on paper is a harder game. And of course all Steelers fans (should I include you?) will be rooting for a Baltimore loss because then regardless the Steelers win the division.

If they don’t win their division I think chances are slim to none they make the wildcard. Indy and Tennessee are both playing good right now, particularly Indy. They both have very winnable home games next week (Washington and NYG) and then they play each other the last week. If it’s not Baltimore getting the wildcard because the Steelers hold on to win the division, winner of that Indy-Tenn game will likely get the last wildcard. Steelers aren’t getting it if they lose anymore.
The Steelers virtually can not get a WC. It's either win or the division or bust.

14 penalties shut down New England. They haven't had that many in 5 years. If you came away from this game thinking "DAMN, Pittsburgh is a great team" then I don't know what to tell you. What they were was very fortunate.

Hell on the 3rd down pass into the end zone on the final drive they could EASILY have called Pittsburgh for illegal contact against Gronk. Maybe it was the 2nd down pass. Either way a Steeler defender put two hands on Gronk in the end zone.

Pittsburgh survived, for some reason the refs wanted Pittsburgh to win today.
lol. your one of those guys

The Chargers are still playing for something. That will NOT be an easy win for the Ravens.

Given that, I think the Steelers at NO on paper is a harder game. And of course all Steelers fans (should I include you?) will be rooting for a Baltimore loss because then regardless the Steelers win the division.

I am not a Baltimore fan. But I want someone in the playoffs who can beat New England. I still don't have much faith in Pittsburgh, even after today. In fact after what I saw today I have even less confidence in a rematch.

But if Baltimore loses Pittsburgh doesnt clinch the division. The Steelers still have to likely win one more, as I don't think Cleveland is going to beat Baltimore on the final weekend.

Amazing that the Chargers making that 2 point conversion on Thursday would have such a big effect on the Steelers.

Big opportunity for the Chargers if they can beat Baltimore, as the Chiefs have to travel to Seattle.

I am not a Baltimore fan. But I want someone in the playoffs who can beat New England. I still don't have much faith in Pittsburgh, even after today. In fact after what I saw today I have even less confidence in a rematch.

But if Baltimore loses Pittsburgh doesnt clinch the division. The Steelers still have to likely win one more, as I don't think Cleveland is going to beat Baltimore on the final weekend.
Screw Baltimore, I'm more curious if you're a Steelers fan.

a realist
football is football..for some reason it seem the refs are much worse this year than in recent memory..at least from my memory. but that stuff is part of the game. if ya cant say they steelers defense didnt play a great game against the best qb ever...well i cant help you

Kansas City and San Diego have a much better chance of beating New England than Baltimore does. Whichever one of them wins the division would be favored at home against the Patriots, while New England would be a large home favorite over Baltimore.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
football is football..for some reason it seem the refs are much worse this year than in recent memory..at least from my memory. but that stuff is part of the game. if ya cant say they steelers defense didnt play a great game against the best qb ever...well i cant help you

The refs are a joke this year. However they do pick and choose when they call holding penalties, as they can call them whenever they fell like it.

Pittsburgh's defense played ok today. In between the penalties and New England's dropped passes. I thought they should have been able to get more pressure on Brady, as our dline basically was controlled by their offensive line.

for about 40 years. Back when these guys presently in Baltimore were in Cleveland.
Interesting.

Respectfully, reading thru this thread, it seems you are extremely negative about the Steelers even when they are playing well or - gasp! - when they win. I don't get not wanting "your" team in the playoffs going to Foxboro or wherever, regardless of their chances.

Maybe it's me, but I have zero loyalty to the AFC Central or wherever. It resides with the Steelers, Penguins and Pitt. The others be damned.

(Edit: Oops should have included the Pirates.)

Kansas City and San Diego have a much better chance of beating New England than Baltimore does. Whichever one of them wins the division would be favored at home against the Patriots, while New England would be a large home favorite over Baltimore.

The biggest advantage they have is playing at home, although the Chargers really don't have a home field advantage.

I want New England out and someone new representing the AFC this year. I dislike Baltimore nearly as much as I do New England but I could even tolerate them in the Super Bowl this year over the Patriots.

The refs are a joke this year. However they do pick and choose when they call holding penalties, as they can call them whenever they fell like it.

Pittsburgh's defense played ok today. In between the penalties and New England's dropped passes. I thought they should have been able to get more pressure on Brady, as our dline basically was controlled by their offensive line.
refs are picking and choosing holding this year????? that sh!t has been going on forever. ask james harrison...greg lloyd and kevin greene before them.

Interesting.

Respectfully, reading thru this thread, it seems you are extremely negative about the Steelers even when they are playing well or - gasp! - when they win. I don't get not wanting "your" team in the playoffs going to Foxboro or wherever, regardless of their chances.

Maybe it's me, but I have zero loyalty to the AFC Central or wherever. It resides with the Steelers, Penguins and Pitt. The others be damned.

(Edit: Oops should have included the Pirates.)

Oh it isn't about loyalty to the AFC North. I just want a team that will go up there, get in Brady's face, and force him into turnovers. Scoring 17 points will not get it done against New England in the playoffs. What I saw today was a front four that was unable to get in Brady's face for most of the game. And an offense that struggled to score against a mediocre defense.

refs are picking and choosing holding this year????? that sh!t has been going on forever. ask james harrison...greg lloyd and kevin greene before them.

No of course they are not just picking and choosing THIS YEAR. But they definitely were in this game. Which I don't have an issue with considering it was New England. I just want to know why. I almost believe this was payback for that bullshit call on Jesse James last year.

Oh it isn't about loyalty to the AFC North. I just want a team that will go up there, get in Brady's face, and force him into turnovers. Scoring 17 points will not get it done against New England in the playoffs. What I saw today was a front four that was unable to get in Brady's face for most of the game. And an offense that struggled to score against a mediocre defense.
agree with th offense 100%...they move the ball for sure. but seem to sh!t the bed too uch

So the refs gave the Steelers the game? New England got flagged for holding a few times and guess what they were holding since the Steelers were getting pressure on Brady, the Pats also got flagged for some false starts since the tackles were trying to get a head start on the pass rush.

If the refs wanted the Steelers to win they wouldn’t have called the pass interference that extended a New England drive and they would have flagged the Pats DB who got to JuJu a little early on the 3rd down bomb before the FG.

id like to say it a rb problem but tonight showed it isnt

No of course they are not just picking and choosing THIS YEAR. But they definitely were in this game. Which I don't have an issue with considering it was New England. I just want to know why. I almost believe this was payback for that bullshit call on Jesse James last year.
hmm maybe so lol..but i doubt that. but dont let this back and forth let you think disrespect...i DO respect the opinion.

So the refs gave the Steelers the game? New England got flagged for holding a few times and guess what they were holding since the Steelers were getting pressure on Brady, the Pats also got flagged for some false starts since the tackles were trying to get a head start on the pass rush.

If the refs wanted the Steelers to win they wouldn’t have called the pass interference that extended a New England drive and they would have flagged the Pats DB who got to JuJu a little early on the 3rd down bomb before the FG.

I am not upset New England have gotten their way with the refs for the past decade. I am just curious about their motive (refs). New England has played several games with no penalties called on them. So why was today sooooo much different?

hmm maybe so lol..but i doubt that. but dont let this back and forth let you think disrespect...i DO respect the opinion.

Of course we are just two Steeler fans having a discussion. In the end Pittsburgh won and we are all happy about that, their season would likely have ended with a loss.

I am not upset New England have gotten their way with the refs for the past decade. I am just curious about their motive (refs). New England has played several games with no penalties called on them. So why was today sooooo much different?
cant answer that..and i was suprised as you were. i mean did you see a bad call outside the PI on rodgers? i really didnt either way

Of course we are just two Steeler fans having a discussion. In the end Pittsburgh won and we are all happy about that, their season would likely have ended with a loss.
lol im happy as hell. as a lifetime pitt/steeler fan..its been a great night

yep my bad...that was terrible. but all in all was a good called game in my opinion. first time i can say that for a while in a steeler game

The early PI call on the Patriots was dubious at best. DeCastro holding probably a no call.

Other than that seems like a well officiated game.

yeah with a loss...its over. see ya then. but as a guy whos watched and played football for basically his entire life...this is a good not great football team, at least not yet...better than we have seen tonight. at least offensively lol. will say this ...its early but some kinda 2005 mojo going on...lets hope it ends the same way

2) The 2 holding penalties in the red zone against New England likely prevented 2 New England touchdowns.

8) Rogers running a laughable pass pattern caused an interception in the 4th qtr that easily could have cost them the game

9) New Orleans is likely to stifle whoever is unfortunate enough to be playing in the backfield

I would definitely rather have a strong running game and overpowering defense in the playoffs. Not sure though where and why you believe Houston can't pass the ball.

You can talk to the refs if you want to complain about penalties.

Gilmore, a top cb in the league made a great play and ran right through Rogers to get to the ball. Not sure how you blame him there. If he blocks, it’s OPI.

You’re a bigger college fan than NFL, I get it that you still think Watson is a stud QB. His passing attack is poor by NFL standards. It’s toss it up to Hopkins and pray. As a PASSER he’s not there yet by NFL standards.

Today was different due to New England committing a lot of penalties and most weren’t judgement calls. So many on this board overlook what the penalties were when complaining about the refs or how the calls are lopsided, the Pats had five false starts, a delay of game, illegal formation and illegal man downfield penalties. That’s eight penalties right there!

ADVERTISEMENT