ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers question on this Pitt bye week

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
Had an old friend ask me this question yesterday: if the Bears and Cardinals draft a QB in next year’s draft, and Justin Fields and Kyler Murray become available, should the Steelers make a trade for either of them? If so, which one? Or do you double down on Kenny and have hope that a new offensive coordinator helps him show improvement in 2024?

It will only be KP’s third year. I think there is very minimal chance that happens. He hasn’t played great but I can’t see him having that short of a leash being a #1 pick. He hasn’t played great but I think he’d have to play even worse for that to happen.

Should they? Probably not. How many QBs bomb then go to another team and are “the answer”? I think Geno Smith has been fascinating the last 2 years - what he’s done is rare - and he wasn’t even in the same category. Not saying Geno is “the answer” but I imagine everyone’s surprised at how he’s played in Seattle.

Not sure Fields has had any great coaching and Murray seems like somewhat of a head case so forced I’d pick Fields. But again I’m a pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: HailToPitt725
No thanks on Fields. Doesn't process the field quickly enough.

Murray won't be available but he'd be worth looking into.

None of this matters though. The Steelers are not moving on from a 1st round QB after 2 years. That just isn't how they operate. Pickett won't be benched until halfway thru next season at the earliest. He probably gets until 2025 before they would move on.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT