ADVERTISEMENT

OT : Steelers radio broadcast

PittPharm2002

Heisman Winner
Dec 21, 2021
So , actually listened on the radio the first half after golfing and doing some running around .
Rob King did a terrific job
Wolfley needs to move back to the sidelines - with max starx doing color since he’s actually coherent .

So , actually listened on the radio the first half after golfing and doing some running around .
Rob King did a terrific job
Wolfley needs to move back to the sidelines - with max starx doing color since he’s actually coherent .

conversely I was traveling and had to listen to the Pitt broadcast on the radio for the 1st half. Billy as bad as ever, and the new offense is doing him no favors.

After the Pitt game against Kent State, I was listening to what I think was ESPN's college football national radio broadcast -- they were at the WVU-PSU game that week and, interestingly, Max was the color commentator. I thought he did a solid job. Not sure if he does that every Saturday for ESPN or not.

Wolfley is a character and I think there's a place for him on the Steelers radio, but my opinion agrees with you that Wolfley is probably better suited for the sidelines.

After the Pitt game against Kent State, I was listening to what I think was ESPN's college football national radio broadcast -- they were at the WVU-PSU game that week and, interestingly, Max was the color commentator. I thought he did a solid job. Not sure if he does that every Saturday for ESPN or not.

Wolfley is a character and I think there's a place for him on the Steelers radio, but my opinion agrees with you that Wolfley is probably better suited for the sidelines.
He talks gibberish and adds nothing to the broadcast .
As a third banana with Tunch doing color (who was good ) he’s fine .

Agreed. King dud very well. Wolfly's folksy was great with Tunch but doesn't work without him. He's a 3rd chair that needs a good 2nd chair to riff with. I don't get the love for Starks. He's the definition of bland but at least his voice isn't as shrill and grating as Missy Mathews.

Agreed. King dud very well. Wolfly's folksy was great with Tunch but doesn't work without him. He's a 3rd chair that needs a good 2nd chair to riff with. I don't get the love for Starks. He's the definition of bland but at least his voice isn't as shrill and grating as Missy Mathews.
It’s a low bar - Max is actually coherent when he spoke .
Wolf isn’t on his best day .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT