ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers Seahwaks

Ravens will take next week off helping Steelers chances but losing to Indy and Texas really makes playoffs unlikely.
Losing to NE also inexcusable.
Mitch Trushitsky cost them big time!

All set up by Rowe mistiming his jump on the first play of that possession and dropping what should’ve been a very easy interception.

Just for the record, Mark Robinson is pretty soft.

I think it says everything you need to know about him that with all the injuries the Stillers have had at inside linebacker that they preferred bringing in guys off the street to play rather than give him a lot of playing time.

Reactions: CCHS82
This one going to get away because the defense isn’t up to the task. No LB or safety play. Injuries caught up to them

Steelers going to have 2 1,000 yard rbs and a 1,000 yard receiver!
Granted get an extra game so it isn’t as impressive as previously but impressive none the less!

Reactions: CCHS82
Two observations:
Tomlin absolutely wants a run first offense and that’s fine if they can produce these kinds of results regularly.

This team can be pretty good if he gets coordinators that are better than JV level.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
Granted get an extra game so it isn’t as impressive as previously but impressive none the less!
Having two guys get 1k each on the ground is still pretty impressive considering how disposable the position has become. On the same hand, makes you wonder why they were so set on drafting an RB in the first round.

Having two guys get 1k each on the ground is still pretty impressive considering how disposable the position has become. On the same hand, makes you wonder why they were so set on drafting an RB in the first round.
Harris is a very good back. Bettis like. Fits the Steeler mold.

Art II is rock hard that they have two 1,000 yard rushers, just like the 70’s!

Thought they showed a chart with Warren over and Harris slightly behind?
Maybe combined run/receiving?

Probably. Total yards Harris is at 1024 and Warren is at 1077 (edited to count that last four yard catch). So at the start of the day Warren would have been just over and Harris went over on that last drive.

OK, so I'm looking at the standings and it looks like the Stillers playoff chances are not good. They have to win today and next week, and then they need either the Jaguars to lose to to the Titans or the Colts - Texans game end in a tie.

(Note, this is just from looking at the standings and knowing that the Stillers have lost to all three AFC South teams so I assume they lose the tie breaker to all of them.)

OK, so I'm looking at the standings and it looks like the Stillers playoff chances are not good. They have to win today and next week, and then they need either the Jaguars to lose to to the Titans or the Colts - Texans game end in a tie.

(Note, this is just from looking at the standings and knowing that the Stillers have lost to all three AFC South teams so I assume they lose the tie breaker to all of them.)

Although I guess if Cincinnati wins both of their games and makes it a three way tie the fact that we beat the Bengals twice would come into play. So I guess we should be rooting for the Bengals to win today.

Probably. Total yards Harris is at 1024 and Warren is at 1077 (edited to count that last four yard catch). So at the start of the day Warren would have been just over and Harris went over on that last drive.
Yes, they said yards from scrimmage.

This 1 announcer is a moron. DK had 2 fist fulls of porters jersey and says Joey porter was acting like he was being held. What? Porter even tried to yank himself free and couldn't get loose. DK got holding called. Way over the top. Really weird

Eagles have the Tush Push...we have the Steeler Shove. Harris playing to expectation now.

This 1 announcer is a moron. DK had 2 fist fulls of porters jersey and says Joey porter was acting like he was being held. What? Porter even tried to yank himself free and couldn't get loose. DK got holding called. Way over the top. Really weird
You are insulting morons.

Not to take anything away from Rudolph who has definitely played well, but it is exponentially easier to play QB when you are looking at 2nd and 4 or 5 rather than 2nd and 10 all the time. If this OL was able to run block all year the way they have the last few weeks this team would have a couple more wins.

Reactions: FreeportPanther
I love Kenny, but there’s just a noticeable difference with Rudolph on the field. He pushes the ball upfield more often and more effectively. He was 10/14 with about 110 passing yards in the 1H; Pickett wouldn’t had about 60-70 yards with the same amount.

If he keeps this up and we end up winning, give me #2 with our season on the line in Baltimore next week.

Who would win the three way playoff tie breaker between Steelers, Texans and Bengals?

Yep. Those losses to Browns Cardinals NE and Indy will keep them out. Win just one of those and they’re a lock. Especially bad Trushitsky losses!
Shame. But maybe Tomlins non losing season streak continues to torture the haters!

Who would win the three way playoff tie breaker between Steelers, Texans and Bengals?

That's a good question, because head to head they would be Texans 2-0, Stillers, 2-1, Bengals 0-3. Would the unequal number of games matter? Do the Bengals get eliminated because they lost them all, and the the Texans win because they beat the Stillers? Probably either way the Texans win that tie breaker.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT