ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers stinking it up again against a bad team

PittPoker

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2008
I mean this is a yearly occurrence now with a Mike Tomlin coached team. I know it is only halftime as I am writing this but when is this offense gonna start clicking? Not impressed at all with Haley at this point. Ben is not looking very sharp, his 3rd game now. But Bryant should have caught that deep bomb early in the game.

Hope we can come back but with the recent history of underperforming against bad teams I am not optimistic.

This would be a crappy loss though. The Bears are terrible.

ANOTHER CHOKE JOB BY A TOMLIN COACHED TEAM. OUR GREAT OFFENSE, YEAH RIGHT. WE SUCK, BEN NEEDS TO RETIRE, GUY DOESN'T HAVE IT ANYMORE. DON'T THINK HE CARES EITHER. MEANWHILE TOM BRADY JUST COMPLETES A COMEBACK AND THROWS 5 TD PASSES AGAINST A TOP HOUSTON DEFENSE.

WOW WHAT AN EMBARRASSMENT, OUR RUN DEFENSE SUCKS, MIKE MITCHELL SUCKS, THE WHOLE TEAM MINUS ANTONIO BROWN SUCKS.

The team is overrated. They're a 10-11 win team, but nothing special. Bryant is vastly overrated. They don't have nearly the amount of weapons people think they do. It's just Brown, and Bell. The offensive line is barely above average, and was horrible with the two scrubs in there today. Defensively, they let a team with no passing threat run wild. With all of the teams set up to defend against the pass, it won't surprise me if running the ball begins to make a comeback.

Reactions: indoorgolf
The league is set up so that anyone can beat anyone. Or should be able to at least.

It would be a bigger surprise if they lost to the Bears in the NCAA football model

fat head sucked, only got 17 points because of 2 turnovers in the red zone

what is with all the deep balls?

they should've stayed in the locker room instead of coming out after the national anthem

Reactions: indoorgolf
I mean this is a yearly occurrence now with a Mike Tomlin coached team. I know it is only halftime as I am writing this but when is this offense gonna start clicking? Not impressed at all with Haley at this point. Ben is not looking very sharp, his 3rd game now. But Bryant should have caught that deep bomb early in the game.

Hope we can come back but with the recent history of underperforming against bad teams I am not optimistic.

Another lackluster road performance by Ben . Defense gave O the ball in the second half and the offense did not deliver. Ben does not play well on the road.

The league is set up so that anyone can beat anyone. Or should be able to at least.

It would be a bigger surprise if they lost to the Bears in the NCAA football model
Yeah, I'm watching Green Bay look like trash against the horrible Bengals. Denver, who looked like a Super Bowl team against Dallas, lost to the sorry Bills. Hell, NE was in a life and death struggle at home vs a quaterbackless Houston team.

Another lackluster road performance by Ben . Defense gave O the ball in the second half and the offense did not deliver. Ben does not play well on the road.
Despite all of that, if the special teams don't poop the bed twice, they win easily. Make the simple plays, and most times you overcome a lackluster performance against a lesser team. Ten easy points given to Chicago, and three easy points not scored = a loss.

Yeah, I'm watching Green Bay look like trash against the horrible Bengals. Denver, who looked like a Super Bowl team against Dallas, lost to the sorry Bills. Hell, NE was in a life and death struggle at home vs a quaterbackless Houston team.

I think they found their quarterback.

Steelers will lose to the worst team on their schedule every single year, it's the safest bet in sports right now.

Steelers will lose to the worst team on their schedule every single year, it's the safest bet in sports right now.
They actually didn't last year. Their worst loss was to a 7-9 Eagle team on the road. Pretty much every team in the league will lose a road game to a mediocre team.

They actually didn't last year. Their worst loss was to a 7-9 Eagle team on the road. Pretty much every team in the league will lose a road game to a mediocre team.

True, but the Bears are far from mediocre, they are almost certainly a 4-12 type team.

Valid point. But if the one time you can point at the worst loss on the schedule and say they weren't that bad, it kind of gets negated with how pathetically they let the eagles manhandle them. It's not all that common for good NFL teams to lose to better NFL teams that badly, let alone a "mediocre" one.

At the time last year though, it really looked like the dolphins game was the one. They had a bad record, they were playing horribly, Tomlin has a terrible record against sub .500 teams on the road, the game just had that feel. However the dolphins ended up being a good team last year and that was not the last time jay ajayi ran wild.

Valid point. But if the one time you can point at the worst loss on the schedule and say they weren't that bad, it kind of gets negated with how pathetically they let the eagles manhandle them. It's not all that common for good NFL teams to lose to better NFL teams that badly, let alone a "mediocre" one.

At the time last year though, it really looked like the dolphins game was the one. They had a bad record, they were playing horribly, Tomlin has a terrible record against sub .500 teams on the road, the game just had that feel. However the dolphins ended up being a good team last year and that was not the last time jay ajayi ran wild.
The Dolphins game was like the Chiefs game the year before. The Chiefs looked like the Browns the first month of the season, then they looked like the 85 Bears for the next 3 months. Special teams was a 13 point swing, which was what kept the Bears alive, but them running the ball like that, in a game where they either couldn't, or wouldn't pass was disturbing. That Cohen is what the Steelers were trying get when they drafted Dri Archer.

Reactions: Pittx9

Karma's a bitch.

F the Stillers. I hope they lose every game this season and no one shows up. They're cowards and pussies.

Bears were a dropped pass on the 1 yard line with under 10 seconds left from beating Atlanta. Most teams in the NFL are mediocre, hell that was proved yesterday with Houston almost beating New England and Cincinnati taking Green Bay to overtime.

Parity was wanted and now it has been achieved, a league full of unwatchable mediocre teams with players who showboat starting with the opening coin toss. That Bear player who stopped at the 1 yard line and fumbled through the end zone would have been cut from the team 30 to 40 years ago. Now nobody seems to care.

Reactions: PerchMan
Also yesterday it seems many of these teams were TOO FKING concerned with protesting and not concerned with doing their jobs. The Ravens instantly come to mind

Fathead, the HOFer wills the team to losses! Nice fumble, Fathead! Have you ever seen a QB fumble about a quarter of the times he's sacked like Fathead? Big guy, a pansie and a diva.

Fathead, the HOFer wills the team to losses! Nice fumble, Fathead! Have you ever seen a QB fumble about a quarter of the times he's sacked like Fathead? Big guy, a pansie and a diva.
don't hold back, tell us how you really feel about the guy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT