ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Surprising NFL Mock Draft

NCanton Panther

All American
Sep 22, 2001
I would typically never bother to look at a mock draft anywhere this early since they are meaningless but I clicked on one this morning just out of curiosity to see where/who they had Miami drafting with the Steelers 1st round pick.

This one had Miami’s pick from the Steelers at #20 where they took Clemson WR Tre Higgins. They also had Miami at #19 from a Houston trade.

Couldn’t believe this guy had the Steelers pick not til #20. He must be a big Duck fan.

I would typically never bother to look at a mock draft anywhere this early since they are meaningless but I clicked on one this morning just out of curiosity to see where/who they had Miami drafting with the Steelers 1st round pick.

This one had Miami’s pick from the Steelers at #20 where they took Clemson WR Tre Higgins. They also had Miami at #19 from a Houston trade.

Couldn’t believe this guy had the Steelers pick not til #20. He must be a big Duck fan.
The Steelers would have to go 7-4 to finish at .500, which is not impossible. If that .500 record wins the division, which also is not impossible, #20 would be pretty close to their pick position if they lose the first round of the playoffs.

If they would finish .500 and not get in the playoffs they would finish in the mid teens in the draft order.

Less wins equal higher, more wins equal lower. But 20 is not impossible, just unlikely.

The Steelers would have to go 7-4 to finish at .500, which is not impossible. If that .500 record wins the division, which also is not impossible, #20 would be pretty close to their pick position if they lose the first round of the playoffs.

If they would finish .500 and not get in the playoffs they would finish in the mid teens in the draft order.

Less wins equal higher, more wins equal lower. But 20 is not impossible, just unlikely.
I would normally say the chances of the Steelers going 7-4 the rest of the way out are slim. But we’ll see, a win tonight with Duck would be a step in the right direction.

i don’t think the Steelers have looked too good so far this season. But when you consider the combined record of the 4 teams they’ve lost to is 20-3, you never know what fortunes lie ahead.

I would normally say the chances of the Steelers going 7-4 the rest of the way out are slim. But we’ll see, a win tonight with Duck would be a step in the right direction.

i don’t think the Steelers have looked too good so far this season. But when you consider the combined record of the 4 teams they’ve lost to is 20-3, you never know what fortunes lie ahead.
If they play like they played against the Chargers the rest of the way and looking at the schedule, 10-6 actually becomes a possibility.

Last edited:
For as disappointing as the Steelers have been this year, they should actually be 5-1. Or at least they could be. But this seems to be how their down years go: They don't just get their doors blown off every week; they lose a lot of game that could have gone either way, and those games add up.

As far as them going 10-2 the rest of the way or something... I just don't see it. Even if they had Ben and Brown that would be a struggle, because there is just so little margin for error in some of these games. As it stands, though, both of the games they've won have been with an offensive game plan that I don't believe can get you very far in this league. The schedule is by no means difficult, but I also don't think we're very far ahead - or ahead at all - of teams like the Browns, Ravens, Rams, etc. with our offense as currently constructed. There also seems to be quite a case of the injury bug going around this year. Conner is hurt every other play; I'm not sure what the deal will be with Tuitt; etc.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
They are a Conner and JuJu fumble away from 2 more wins.
They aren't THAT bad. If they manage to dodge the injury bug the rest of the way, they could finish with double digit wins.

However, they can't continue to lose 2 starters/game. The flock of Ducks isn't that large.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
For as disappointing as the Steelers have been this year, they should actually be 5-1. Or at least they could be. But this seems to be how their down years go: They don't just get their doors blown off every week; they lose a lot of game that could have gone either way, and those games add up.

As far as them going 10-2 the rest of the way or something... I just don't see it. Even if they had Ben and Brown that would be a struggle, because there is just so little margin for error in some of these games. As it stands, though, both of the games they've won have been with an offensive game plan that I don't believe can get you very far in this league. The schedule is by no means difficult, but I also don't think we're very far ahead - or ahead at all - of teams like the Browns, Ravens, Rams, etc. with our offense as currently constructed. There also seems to be quite a case of the injury bug going around this year. Conner is hurt every other play; I'm not sure what the deal will be with Tuitt; etc.
Take a good look at their schedule. Their toughest remaining game appears to be the Ravens away the last week. Coming of the bye next week they have 3 home games at home in a row. At the beginning of the season the Rams game looked like a probable loss but the Steelers get them at home and they have been stinking joints out.

Maybe I am being overly optimistic. maybe they will revert to bad play. But like I said, if they play like last night....big If though.

Take a good look at their schedule. Their toughest remaining game appears to be the Ravens away the last week. Coming of the bye next week they have 3 home games at home in a row. At the beginning of the season the Rams game looked like a probable loss but the Steelers get them at home and they have been stinking joints out.

Maybe I am being overly optimistic. maybe they will revert to bad play. But like I said, if they play like last night....big If though.

The Cardinals have played some teams tough, and going out there feels like a Tomlin Special if ever there was one. We won't beat the Browns twice without Ben (maybe once, if we're lucky). Baltimore and the Rams speak for themselves. The Colts have played everyone on their schedule tough. The Jets just beat the Cowboys (not that they're great, but neither are we) up there yesterday. The Bills have the second best record in the AFC, and they probably should have beat the Patriots.

I know our schedule isn't a gauntlet, but, with where we're at as a team, it's still a challenge and then some. To think that we're going to go 8-2 down the stretch just seems like a fairytale to me. But, as you said, we shall see.

They are a Conner and JuJu fumble away from 2 more wins.
They aren't THAT bad. If they manage to dodge the injury bug the rest of the way, they could finish with double digit wins.

However, they can't continue to lose 2 starters/game. The flock of Ducks isn't that large.

They're actually one really bad roughing the passer call away from leading the division.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT