ADVERTISEMENT

OT The Final Four Tampa

Another choke job by Fisher. Where is Scott Barnes when you need him? Looks like a rebuild is needed. 😉

Texas and Wisconsin would have been better matchups. Pitt ran into a buzz saw. #27 was phenomenal and was the difference
Yeah, I think Pitt could beat this Wisconsin Team. Pitt had a good stretch from the end of the first set through the second. The out of bounds serve at the end of the second was killer.

Reactions: pittbb80
There is absolutely no comparison between the two. We backed into the Fiesta and had no chance at winning it all. The volleyball team made the Final 4 three straight years. That is the equivalent to Pitt Football 1975-1982.
I wasn't comparing the quality of the teams or programs. I was clearly comparing the excitement of the fan base for program growth verses the result. I couldn't have been more clear.

Another choke job by Fisher. Where is Scott Barnes when you need him? Looks like a rebuild is needed. 😉
I don't follow vb at all but that didn't seem like a choke. It seemed like Pitt knew that they had very little shot at beating an appreciably better squad unless they really pushed themselves to the limit and the result was some very good play but also some sloppiness. Just my noob take.

Reactions: FireballZ
I dont consider myself a volleyball expert but I watch enough to form the opinion that Nebraska was the better team. But the talent isn't a massive difference between the two teams. Nebraska played extremely well and pitt was uncharacteristic sloppy. But pitt absolutely showed they belong. This was not pitt football in 2018 vs clemson at the acc championship. I believe this pitt volleyball team could absolutely have beat Nebraska with a much better performance.

I don't follow vb at all but that didn't seem like a choke. It seemed like Pitt knew that they had very little shot at beating an appreciably better squad unless they really pushed themselves to the limit and the result was some very good play but also some sloppiness. Just my noob take.
You should have just ignored that post like everyone else did.

I wasn't comparing the quality of the teams or programs. I was clearly comparing the excitement of the fan base for program growth verses the result. I couldn't have been more clear.
Your comparison still doesn't make any sense...lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT