ADVERTISEMENT

OT: the guy that killed those Idaho students

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

Appears to be one of those "incel" type people. These guys are disturbing and we've seen several mass random killings over the years by these types of people.

The whole thing is very, very sad. To see all these young people and their families suffering like this is tragic.

I pity the accused. He definitely has problems that have been there for many years.

Ironically, I spoke to my son the other day and told him that one of my regrets in life is the fact that I didn’t step in and be more of a friend to those who were bullied when I was growing up. Kids can be cruel. The long term ramifications of bullying can lead to extreme consequences later in life.

The whole thing is very, very sad. To see all these young people and their families suffering like this is tragic.

I pity the accused. He definitely has problems that have been there for many years.

Ironically, I spoke to my son the other day and told him that one of my regrets in life is the fact that I didn’t step in and be more of a friend to those who were bullied when I was growing up. Kids can be cruel. The long term ramifications of bullying can lead to extreme consequences later in life.

I think bullying is thankfully less of a thing than it used to be, at least in talking to my kids. I know our school makes a real effort as opposed to back when I was in school (80s) and it seemed to be tacitly allowed. The effects of being relentlessly bullied have stuck with me, long after I got big and tall and the bullying stopped.

At the same time I think a lot of it has just shifted from physical stuff to harassment online, etc…

I think bullying is thankfully less of a thing than it used to be, at least in talking to my kids. I know our school makes a real effort as opposed to back when I was in school (80s) and it seemed to be tacitly allowed. The effects of being relentlessly bullied have stuck with me, long after I got big and tall and the bullying stopped.

At the same time I think a lot of it has just shifted from physical stuff to harassment online, etc…
My son is in his early 20’s and has lots of different friends. A couple of his friends would’ve probably been bullied back in the day (late 60’s & 70’s). Quite and nerdish… I told him I was proud of the fact that he had different kinds of friends.

That’s when I told him that I regretted not being more open and nicer to bullied kids. I agree that it’s overall better than it was when I was growing up.

It’s understandable. For whatever reason I had someone try to do it to me in 1st grade. I got a mouth on me and always have but have never been violent/physical. But after a couple days of it I guess I just had enough and punched the asshole in the face. I’m sure I got I a little trouble. But that bastard never bothered me again ever. And I’ll state it another way. Trust me I’m no “tough guy”.

You’re right about the on line stuff. At least back the day you could get away from it. But all the kids with their heads always in their phones -they’re always a potential target. Thankfully there have been more efforts to curb that crap.

And I agree with what was said above. I fit in just about anywhere but as I got older I wish I had done/said more when the nerds and bookworms were being effed with. Some kids lives had to be miserable at times and it sucks looking back on it. I never saw anything too terrible thankfully.

As far as the OP, this dude was in a phd program for criminal justice and criminology. Probably pretty sharp and could have had a lot to offer his world/community. But another part of his brain is just totally and completely effed up.

Appears to be one of those "incel" type people. These guys are disturbing and we've seen several mass random killings over the years by these types of people.
Do you generalize other types of people as being "disturbing" because you perceive them as criminals?

My son is in his early 20’s and has lots of different friends. A couple of his friends would’ve probably been bullied back in the day (late 60’s & 70’s). Quite and nerdish… I told him I was proud of the fact that he had different kinds of friends.

That’s when I told him that I regretted not being more open and nicer to bullied kids. I agree that it’s overall better than it was when I was growing up.

I am making some assumptions here but this guy seems like one of those extremely smart but autistic guys, who are always going to have a near impossible time with girls.

This case has interested me because of the rarity of it and the shock value. I actually thought it could be one of these types of people. You rarely see mass stabbings account for that many deaths in the US. Seems like straight out of a slasher flick. In a country of 350 million people, how many break-in/middle of the night mass stabbings are there? 1 every 10 years? Just a really rare type of crime.

Man I can’t pity this guy… I got bullied as a kid as well… sometimes had fights…middle school age stuff tormenting, got sucker/gut punched in school for no reason at my locker once… hurt like hell… never ever thought of murdering anyone by stabbing them in their sleep?

I think you are whistling past the graveyard. I have friends whose grandchildren are in therapy because of bullying over social media. Being bullied in school you can avoid when the last bell rings. On line it is endless. I actually believe it is WAY worse than ever and people should not put their heads in the sand.

Very sad. Seems like a lost soul who took 4 others.

You just never know. My daughter had a stalker at college who sounded alot like this guy. Her mistake was that she went out of her way to be nice to him at first when he seemed like just a harmless nerdy kid. And well, that was the wrong thing to do because he became obsessed with her because she was nice while no one else was. He started stalking her everywhere and finally chased her and started getting aggressive. We had to get the police, the Dean, and the local police involved. And at that point you’re worried that he would really go off the deep end. Thankfully the semester ended and the kid transferred out to a different school.

Was this guy stalking these kids in Idaho?

Very sad. Seems like a lost soul who took 4 others.

You just never know. My daughter had a stalker at college who sounded alot like this guy. Her mistake was that she went out of her way to be nice to him at first when he seemed like just a harmless nerdy kid. And well, that was the wrong thing to do because he became obsessed with her because she was nice while no one else was. He started stalking her everywhere and finally chased her and started getting aggressive. We had to get the police, the Dean, and the local police involved. And at that point you’re worried that he would really go off the deep end. Thankfully the semester ended and the kid transferred out to a different school.

Was this guy stalking these kids in Idaho?

No, he was a PhD student at Washington State, which is only 8 miles away.

Doesn’t mean he wasn’t. Not too many details have been released yet.

I wouldn't say he was definitely stalking one or more of those girls but I think 2 scenarios are likely:

1. 1 or more of them turned him down, setting him off

2. He chose them at random as an "attack against women" like the LA Fitness shooter.

I wouldn't say he was definitely stalking one or more of those girls but I think 2 scenarios are likely:

1. 1 or more of them turned him down, setting him off

2. He chose them at random as an "attack against women" like the LA Fitness shooter.
Like I said we know nothing but I bet heavy on this not being random.

Interesting that he was a PhD candidate in criminal studies. Like a real life Raskolnikov. I’ve been following this case from the beginning. It’s fascinating, disturbing, and heartbreaking at the same time.

I am making some assumptions here but this guy seems like one of those extremely smart but autistic guys, who are always going to have a near impossible time with girls.

This case has interested me because of the rarity of it and the shock value. I actually thought it could be one of these types of people. You rarely see mass stabbings account for that many deaths in the US. Seems like straight out of a slasher flick. In a country of 350 million people, how many break-in/middle of the night mass stabbings are there? 1 every 10 years? Just a really rare type of crime.
Yes you are making assumptions. And a stupid one.

Reactions: JokePa and Fk_Pitt
Man I can’t pity this guy… I got bullied as a kid as well… sometimes had fights…middle school age stuff tormenting, got sucker/gut punched in school for no reason at my locker once… hurt like hell… never ever thought of murdering anyone by stabbing them in their sleep?
I’m sure there are other drummers in this board, but I saw this and thought I’d share with you.

Easy fo

And also never wrong
SMF...Soccer plays run for 90 non-stop...You were wrong.

Do you think it might be beneficial to wait for all of the evidence to be presented before you jump to your conclusion?

Absolutely. The look. I thought the exact same thing. He also looks like Dennis from It’s Always Sunny, lol
Yes! He does look like Dennis. And Dennis is also an effed up psyhco. Watch for this guy to represent himself- just like Ted Bundy. If he was smart he would hire Jack Kelly.

Last edited:

involuntary celibate? So he couldnt get a chick to bang him, right. hey, we've all gone on dry spells but you get a hooker or go after a fat chick, not go on a murdering spree..

any time you are single and go out to a bar and go home alone, arent you technically "Involuntarily celibate"?

Reactions: 303vND
involuntary celibate? So he couldnt get a chick to bang him, right. hey, we've all gone on dry spells but you get a hooker or go after a fat chick, not go on a murdering spree..

any time you are single and go out to a bar and go home alone, arent you technically "Involuntarily celibate"?

Right? This is the digital age, you’d think this guy would be familiar with Craigslist.

Have no idea why bullying was brought up but it hasn't went away.

Working with kids for the past 22 years, it comes in all forms.

ADVERTISEMENT