ADVERTISEMENT

OT: the guy that killed those Idaho students

Have no idea why bullying was brought up but it hasn't went away.

Working with kids for the past 22 years, it comes in all forms.
Bullying was brought up because a female friend of the accused said girls bullied him because he was socially awkward.

Same here. I’ve worked with all types of kids for well over 20 years and am only a few credits away from a history/social studies teaching credential in the state of California. What kind of work do you do?

Appears to be one of those "incel" type people. These guys are disturbing and we've seen several mass random killings over the years by these types of people.
What is an "incel" type person?

What is an "incel" type person?

incel
/ˈinˌsel/

noun
  1. a member of an online community of young men who consider themselves unable to attract women sexually, typically associated with views that are hostile toward women and men who are sexually active.
    "self-identified incels have used the internet to find anonymous support"

involuntary celibate? So he couldnt get a chick to bang him, right. hey, we've all gone on dry spells but you get a hooker or go after a fat chick, not go on a murdering spree..

any time you are single and go out to a bar and go home alone, arent you technically "Involuntarily celibate"?

I never heard of that term until that UCSB shooting about 10 years ago. I think technically its an online community for people who self-identify as that and they post a lot of hatred towards women since they view as the female gender's fault that they cant have sex. Now, I kind of doubt that this guy was a member of those online forums but he seems to be the type who had a ton of problems attracting women and this attack reminds me of some of these incel attacks.

involuntary celibate? So he couldnt get a chick to bang him, right. hey, we've all gone on dry spells but you get a hooker or go after a fat chick, not go on a murdering spree..

any time you are single and go out to a bar and go home alone, arent you technically "Involuntarily celibate"?
Regardless.......how did he get to the 4 people he killed?? There had to be some connection, right???

Actually the more I’m hearing he became a bully himself after losing weight apparently… took boxing lessons couldn’t wait to use it, very combative and likely OCD…

He was working on a study with a questionnaire 3 years ago directed towards former cons

Some go into criminology to understand criminals… others to understand themselves I guess.

This sounds very planned…

incel
/ˈinˌsel/

noun
  1. a member of an online community of young men who consider themselves unable to attract women sexually, typically associated with views that are hostile toward women and men who are sexually active.
    "self-identified incels have used the internet to find anonymous support"
Never heard of that?

Involuntary celibacy is just people who struggle to get laid. Hell I’m married and think I still fall in this category
Not really, a dude struggling to get laid is like 30% of dudes from ages 15+. To identify with this specific group brings an entire other set of baggage.

That's like me saying that I'm Christian and think America is pretty neat, so I must be a Christian Nationalist.

Reactions: Millerton24
I don't get this whole bullying thing. If someone gives you crap or bullies you crank on between their eyes. Sometimes standing up for yourself is a good thing. Even if you don't win the fight you just might gain some respect. I was picked on my freshman year because I was really small . Every day this jerk did something stupid and I got sick of it. One day he parked his car beside my pickup and met me there after school, one solid shot to his face and a kick to the balls and no more issues.

Reactions: 303vND
The guy reminds me of Ted B
I don't get this whole bullying thing. If someone gives you crap or bullies you crank on between their eyes. Sometimes standing up for yourself is a good thing. Even if you don't win the fight you just might gain some respect. I was picked on my freshman year because I was really small . Every day this jerk did something stupid and I got sick of it. One day he parked his car beside my pickup and met me there after school, one solid shot to his face and a kick to the balls and no more issues.
Awesome

That's great that you were able to end it that way, and I applaud you for it, but the accused killer was bullied by girls that he wanted to date.

I don't think that would be an acceptable way to try to stop that form of bullying.

Reactions: Salempanther2015
That's great that you were able to end it that way, and I applaud you for it, but the accused killer was bullied by girls that he wanted to date.

I don't think that would be an acceptable way to try to stop that form of bullying.
I was referring to bullying in general. If it's girls doing the bullying just go by the age old, " There just not worth it" saying. You would be surprised at the results you get when you start to ignore them.

I was referring to bullying in general. If it's girls doing the bullying just go by the age old, " There just not worth it" saying. You would be surprised at the results you get when you start to ignore them.
I think he was VERY socially awkward and didn't know how to talk to girls. He would say inappropriate things to them without knowing. I don't think he had the capacity to be able to think his way through it.

Reactions: Salempanther2015
I think he was VERY socially awkward and didn't know how to talk to girls. He would say inappropriate things to them without knowing. I don't think he had the capacity to be able to think his way through it.
I think this is naive… possibly true on one level but he spent a lot of time researching criminal behavior using questionnaires like you would use to create a dissertation with some very specific questions that relates specifically to the murders ultimately… friends say he went from shy awkward to aggressive and combative over time and stopped hanging with him… clearly yeah he had social problems but he very consciously did what he did…

Reactions: Ski11585
I think this is naive… possibly true on one level but he spent a lot of time researching criminal behavior using questionnaires like you would use to create a dissertation with some very specific questions that relates specifically to the murders ultimately… friends say he went from shy awkward to aggressive and combative over time and stopped hanging with him… clearly yeah he had social problems but he very consciously did what he did…
I was referring to what his high school classmates said about him.

I agree that he knew what he did at the time of the murders.

Reactions: DruidTM

That's not what an incel is, really. Lots of guys go on cold streaks. Incel is a new term but guys like that have been around forever. No confidence, creepy, they repel women. Get bullied a lot. When I picture an incel I think of Steve Buscemis character in Billy Madison.

That's not what an incel is, really. Lots of guys go on cold streaks. Incel is a new term but guys like that have been around forever. No confidence, creepy, they repel women. Get bullied a lot. When I picture an incel I think of Steve Buscemis character in Billy Madison.

Yea, Steve Buscemi's character is a good one. Most of these guys are autistic or have autistic-like traits. Just so socially awkward and "weird" that they have no chance. That said, I dont understand why they cant fly to Vegas and go to one of those legalized prostitution houses.

They run far more than any other sport. Again, you have to be able to be in the type of shape to be able to complete a marathon on demand without training specifically for it.
SMF...As much as I would like to continue this conversation, I will not. Your original point was flawed and you just will never admit to that and that's okay. I do look forward to reading your other points but on this subject, I'm done.

SMF...As much as I would like to continue this conversation, I will not. Your original point was flawed and you just will never admit to that and that's okay. I do look forward to reading your other points but on this subject, I'm done.

I'm confused. Did you really think I meant that they start running at the whistle and then run continuously without ever stopping for 90 straight minutes? I am 100% correct in that they run far more than any other sport and have to be in the the type of shape to complete a marathon on demand. No one can debate that.

I'm confused. Did you really think I meant that they start running at the whistle and then run continuously without ever stopping for 90 straight minutes? I am 100% correct in that they run far more than any other sport and have to be in the the type of shape to complete a marathon on demand. No one can debate that.
Yes, I did think that.

Yes, I did think that.

Ok, well I was assuming people had the most basic understanding of soccer. There are some stoppages. There are times when you can walk or jog but but in the 90 minutes of game time, they move 7 miles. Steph Curry runs 2.5 miles per game and is one of the leaders in that area. Baseball players maybe only run 100 yards or so, similar to golfers

Yea, Steve Buscemi's character is a good one. Most of these guys are autistic or have autistic-like traits. Just so socially awkward and "weird" that they have no chance. That said, I dont understand why they cant fly to Vegas and go to one of those legalized prostitution houses.
Do you really believe that these guys are just looking to get laid? Bullying can start at a very early age: 5, 6, 7, etc. It's victims can endure years of ego crushing abuse. It can come from parents, siblings, other school children, teachers, coaches, religious, or anyone in some level of authority. Their choice is the most vulnerable.
These guys are looking for love and validation, not just sex. when they get enough nerve to reach out and are repeatedly rejected, they despair and seek to punish others for their misery. Nonetheless, they are responsible for their actions.

Reactions: The Ole Six-Fiver
Dude you really need to stop attributing everything to autism. It’s not the magic explain all for incels.

Ok, well I was assuming people had the most basic understanding of soccer. There are some stoppages. There are times when you can walk or jog but but in the 90 minutes of game time, they move 7 miles. Steph Curry runs 2.5 miles per game and is one of the leaders in that area. Baseball players maybe only run 100 yards or so, similar to golfers
They move far more than 7 miles. Of course it’s position dependent though. I doubt center backs are logging that much, or forwards like Ronaldo or Lukaku. What was the stat I showed you regarding Tyler Adams, Pulisic and one other American (might have been Jedi Robinson) who ran over 8 miles in WC games but jogged and walked another couple during the match? Wasn’t it like 11-12 miles?

When I used to drop in with my players, I’d have 2 miles of steps in within a blink of an eye of game play and I’m an out of shape loser who was just picking my moments and spent more time just catching my breath. Its the best cardio workout imaginable, especially for people like me who are bored running on treadmills or in the streets.

I still want to hear a motive. And why these folks were chosen, how was there a connection or was it completely random?

Do you really believe that these guys are just looking to get laid? Bullying can start at a very early age: 5, 6, 7, etc. It's victims can endure years of ego crushing abuse. It can come from parents, siblings, other school children, teachers, coaches, religious, or anyone in some level of authority. Their choice is the most vulnerable.
These guys are looking for love and validation, not just sex. when they get enough nerve to reach out and are repeatedly rejected, they despair and seek to punish others for their misery. Nonetheless, they are responsible for their actions.

Yea, I mean, I dont know anything more about this "community" than what I've seen on the news after a tragedy. However, it seems like its not the bullying from fellow males that set them over the edge. Its that they cannot attract any women so they then act out tragically against random women. I dont know if that was the case here but it could be.

scary to know thier are people like this walking among us, just hope to not become a target for them. RIP to those kids

Yea, I mean, I dont know anything more about this "community" than what I've seen on the news after a tragedy. However, it seems like its not the bullying from fellow males that set them over the edge. Its that they cannot attract any women so they then act out tragically against random women. I dont know if that was the case here but it could
It also could be a million other things. Like I stated in an earlier post, let's let the folks collecting the evidence do their jobs and see where it all leads us. Way to early in the process to conclude with absolute certainty that this guy did it and the reasons for him or any one else doing this horrendous act. The police have their suspect in custody and hopefully it is the right person so the families of those victims make have some peace.

New evidence revealed today...

* Tons of surveillance video of a car (similar to his) in the crime scene area (at the time of the murders).

* Car didn't have a license plate in the front- suspect's car was registered in PA (where a front plate isn't required). Idaho and Washington require a front plate.

* A surviving roommate saw a man in the hallway around the time of the murders consistent with his physical description and height (although he was wearing a mask).

* DNA found (matching suspect) from a knife sheath left behind at the crime scene. This is the smoking gun that puts it over the top. He is history.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT