ADVERTISEMENT

OT: the guy that killed those Idaho students

New evidence revealed today...

* Tons of surveillance video of a car (similar to his) in the crime scene area (at the time of the murders).

* Car didn't have a license plate in the front- suspect's car was registered in PA (where a front plate isn't required). Idaho and Washington require a front plate.

* A surviving roommate saw a man in the hallway around the time of the murders consistent with his physical description and height (although he was wearing a mask).

* DNA found (matching suspect) from a knife sheath left behind at the crime scene. This is the smoking gun that puts it over the top. He is history.
He registered the car soon after in Washington and his cell phone was pinging at the crime scene before during and after. Many criminals return to the crime scene afterwards.
I wonder how much the parents knew or suspected. I know the dad was planning to visit the son in Washington, that was prearranged. A long drive from Washington to PA you got to be talking something. I guess they claimed to be leaving or mentioned the killing near his apartment that was a different situation when pulled over in Indiana.. Like the Florida parents of the Laundries guy who killed his girlfriend, how much did this guys parents know.

Still curious on motive. There doesn't seem to be any connection to these girls. Is this guy a serial killer who just got caught? Is it one of those "incel" killings? Or did he seek revenge against one of them for turning him down? But how did he know where they lived? I read some article that said he was very rude and mean to female employees and customers at his undergrad college bar hangout.

Still curious on motive. There doesn't seem to be any connection to these girls. Is this guy a serial killer who just got caught? Is it one of those "incel" killings? Or did he seek revenge against one of them for turning him down? But how did he know where they lived? I read some article that said he was very rude and mean to female employees and customers at his undergrad college bar hangout.
He is evil personified.

I think people out there on the internets are judging the witness from the position of fully matured adult, at their own home possibly a homeowner at 4 am perfectly sober used to not sharing and definitely not having food delivered at all hours of the day an night…

None of that was the case here. Plus it’s a communal house we’re talking about… not a dorm and certainly not a home or apartment really.

Seeing a guy in a Covid mask (which it had to be because they saw bushy eyebrows) is not unusual… especially if someone ordered food. Heck he’s close enough in age too to not be completely suspicious. My guess is these kids also have a fear of getting Police involved because they don’t want to get other students in trouble… drinking… could be drugs…etc.

For whatever reason she froze & I hope people generally don’t start victim blaming but I’ve seen it other places already unfortunately from people who never lived on campus anywhere, let alone this type of setup they had going.

It’s understandable. For whatever reason I had someone try to do it to me in 1st grade. I got a mouth on me and always have but have never been violent/physical. But after a couple days of it I guess I just had enough and punched the asshole in the face. I’m sure I got I a little trouble. But that bastard never bothered me again ever. And I’ll state it another way. Trust me I’m no “tough guy”.

You’re right about the on line stuff. At least back the day you could get away from it. But all the kids with their heads always in their phones -they’re always a potential target. Thankfully there have been more efforts to curb that crap.

And I agree with what was said above. I fit in just about anywhere but as I got older I wish I had done/said more when the nerds and bookworms were being effed with. Some kids lives had to be miserable at times and it sucks looking back on it. I never saw anything too terrible thankfully.

As far as the OP, this dude was in a phd program for criminal justice and criminology. Probably pretty sharp and could have had a lot to offer his world/community. But another part of his brain is just totally and completely effed up.
Agree with hindsight. wish we could have done more.
Opportunities exists today to be involve. People are being bullied today everywhere.
hate and bigotry against people of different colors, religion, gender etc..
We are still the same. Not too many stepped up to protect the American Muslim during 911 when they were being targeted by hatters. How about Asian Hate during Covid?

So one of the surviving roommates heard screams, cries for help, saw a man dressed in black, came out of her room three times, and then waiting almost 6 hours before calling the police. How drunk or high was she?

If this is true, that girl likely needs major psychological help to keep her off suicide watch.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/idaho-...-masked-man-bryan-kohberger-court-appearance/
Why would you think she was any of those? Said she was frozen in fear. I imagine you stay there for a really long time not knowing if the guy is still in the house or not. Obviously it is an incredible situation and something that can be understood if a 19 year old cant make a decision like that.

Reactions: pittdan77
So one of the surviving roommates heard screams, cries for help, saw a man dressed in black, came out of her room three times, and then waiting almost 6 hours before calling the police. How drunk or high was she?

If this is true, that girl likely needs major psychological help to keep her off suicide watch.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/idaho-...-masked-man-bryan-kohberger-court-appearance/
That’s silly
The East End rapist broke into our house in college and attacked one of the girls up stairs -
She screamed - and the only person who came
Out of their room was me - and it was after a few minutes because I couldn’t process it at all- and he ran right past my door on the way out of the house .
The first hour or two was just checking on her and essentially asking my other roommates what else they heard or saw .
Then we called the police

We were all sober since it was a weeknight during school

Why would you think she was any of those? Said she was frozen in fear. I imagine you stay there for a really long time not knowing if the guy is still in the house or not. Obviously it is an incredible situation and something that can be understood if a 19 year old cant make a decision like that.
It's difficult to process if you haven't been in that position. Rational people in a group setting struggle to recall events the same way. Fear is a whole other level of mindset. The term "paralyzed with fear" isn't just a saying.

Reactions: President Stache
There are three things here from the news report I posted:
1) she heard multiple events at 4AM that had her awake and go check on things. Two of those things were out of the ordinary (screams, cries for help, and unknown man dressed all in black masked walking through the hall and out the door
2) she didn't check on things or call anyone for help. supposedly went back to bed until police were called 6 hours later. Could be fear, could be inebriated. Two of the deceased were out at bars, two were at a frat house. Its not unreasonable that she may have been partying as well that night
3) She will have major phycological issues to deal with the rest of her life. did she do enough, fear that it could have been her. There are multiple examples or survivors taking their life of traumatic events such as these.

That’s silly
The East End rapist broke into our house in college and attacked one of the girls up stairs -
She screamed - and the only person who came
Out of their room was me - and it was after a few minutes because I couldn’t process it at all- and he ran right past my door on the way out of the house .
We know the surviving roommate came out of the room and was aware of the things described.
The first hour or two was just checking on her and essentially asking my other roommates what else they heard or saw .
Then we called the police
We also know she didn’t check on at least 3 of 4 roommates. Not for the 1st hour, the 2nd hour, the 3rd hour….for over 7 hours.

I understand her locking herself in her own room. Wouldn’t one then be constantly texting and then calling the other roommates immediately? If no response…nothing? after what was described?

I’m not going to accuse drug and/or alcohol matters, but WTF?

We know the surviving roommate came out of the room and was aware of the things described.

We also know she didn’t check on at least 3 of 4 roommates. Not for the 1st hour, the 2nd hour, the 3rd hour….for over 7 hours.

I understand her locking herself in her own room. Wouldn’t one then be constantly texting and then calling the other roommates immediately? If no response…nothing? after what was described?

I’m not going to accuse drug and/or alcohol matters, but WTF?
I will add a house with 4 other guys and another girl all just admitted to being scared and freezing for an hour.
After I confirmed he was gone while holding my bat.
People don’t always react how you’d expect to a crisis .

It's difficult to process if you haven't been in that position. Rational people in a group setting struggle to recall events the same way. Fear is a whole other level of mindset. The term "paralyzed with fear" isn't just a saying.
Correct. Trauma response tends to be fight, flight or freeze. Seeing a masked stranger in the house dressed in black in the middle of the night is traumatic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT