ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The mess that is the Penguins

I’ve seen this script before. I won’t count them out until someone actually beats them 4 times in a series. They were taken to the brink 3 times in the last 2 years and pulled it out every time. Hell, the origin of this thread was a result of their looking cooked. This team has a mentality that they’re going to win every series and it’s been a long time since they’ve been proven wrong.

My analysis of the game is simple. The Pens just missed a ton of opportunities. They were just off last night, maybe a little bit of complacency. It's OK and a wake up call for next game. Pens close it out tomorrow.

Yeah, sure. Actually I almost felt the loss before it happened. Never had I been so blase about a playoff game, especially a playoff game against the Flyers. And I was. It seems like there was no energy anywhere for that game.

Now at least, it feels like the playoffs, the angst is back. I think the Pens rebound and win tomorrow. But inviting family over for dinner is now out as I will be focused and a nervous wreck.

Flyers/Pens ..... Game #6 ...... Buckle Up !!!

No Malkin.

Hornqvist back.
Shouldn't be a game six this should have been over in 4 or at the most 5 games.

I thought the last game showed a total lack of effort by the PENS at home so I hope they work a bit harder today.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

I disagree
The pens dominated play in game 5.
Their goalie stole one

It shouldn't come down to a one goal difference when the PENS play the Flyers.

Even the announcers stated the PENS are faster, and more talented but the Flyers are out hustling the PENS and it looks like they want it more than the PENS. I agree with that! It was a sports Philly channel that we watched when Mrs Buffett and I were in Atlantic City but it looked like the Flyers outhustled the PENS for sure!

The PENS should blow these bums off the ice but they're not!

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

2-2 end of the 1st period ......

No Malkin obviously hurts.

Hornqvist looks like he is playing hurt, just not nearly as physical as usual in the 1st period.

Ruhwedel and Oleksiak both a -2 in the 1st period.

Murray is going to have to shut the Flyers down.

Flyers take the lead 3-2 ...... bad give away by Hornqvist leads to a breakaway which Murray doesn't play well ..... then Neuvirth makes several great saves afterwards to keep the Pens from tying the game.

The Pens are playing uninspired and it almost seems with the attitude "we're still up 1 in the series, so if we lose, ehh." Flyers are controlling the tempo and physicality.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
The Pens are playing uninspired and it almost seems with the attitude "we're still up 1 in the series, so if we lose, ehh." Flyers are controlling the tempo and physicality.

Yup very sloppy........no compete to win puck battles....a few bad bounces as well........Horrible goal given up by Marry on the short side. Just cant give up a cheap goal like that

PENS SCORE and take the lead 5-4 early 3rd period. Nice steal by Kessel at the blue line leading to a 2 on1 and nice pass to Guentzel who buries it !!

Nice effort in coming back to take the lead. Taking advantage of the unforced TO's by Philadelphia. The crowd is dead right now.

Letang just decided to be a jerkoff. He got beat in the corner and hit hard and retaliates.

I'm sorry but Letang just imploded again. That should have been another jerkoff penalty. Should be 5-4 still and Philadelphia on the PP again.

On second thought...he did win the puck...so that is a 50/50 call.

Reactions: bwh05
Guentzel scored 2 more goals faster then I could type it ...... 4 goals for Guentzel in the game .... 7-4 Pens !!

PENS are now playing fast strike PENS hockey. Finally!

No sounds for the Souf now that the PENS are playing better and will probably win!
Souf routs for Pittsburgh teams to lose so he can go on his the glass is half empty /negative rants!

What a fan! LOL!

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

The refs missed some calls today that would have benefited Philadelphia. But, when it all comes down to it, they blew a 4-2 lead and looked lame AF for 90 seconds when they had a 4-3 PP.

Reactions: pitt-girl
Pens woke up in the third........eliminated the sloppy play and started winning puck battles. Gotta clean that up as they move forward but good win to close it out

Kudos to Phil for sticking up for his teammate Hagelin. May not be the best fighter and some may argue a stupid penalty but he did it and pens killed penalty.

I give it another 90 seconds before the flyers start gooning it up.
The Flyer goon fans started to throw full beer cans at the PENS players a tactic the jerks developed during the football playoffs with the Vikings.

Prior to the Vikings game, Vikings fans were hit in the head with frozen beer cans as they entered the stadium causing many injuries.

When Phlly security was questioned their answer was they couldn't do anything about it.

Nasty fans!

"its' five o'clock somewhere"
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT