ADVERTISEMENT

OT: this tiny house in Garfield is listed for $195K

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Housing prices are getting a bit outrageous, just saying

Housing prices are getting a bit outrageous, just saying

Place is a joke. I toured it when it first went on the market a number of years ago.

Glorified trailer. Get a shed at Lowe’s for a fraction of the cost or buy an Airstream to really be hipster.

Welcome to middle of the next housing bubble. While around 25% of the last bubble will no doubt cause issues for folks that want or need to sell in the next few years.

The problem isn't the the tiny houses. It's the outrageous prices some people pay for them.

I've watched the tiny house shows before, and most of the people on them are only paying like 40 grand, give or take, to have one built for them. The fact that this one is 195k sort of defeats the entire purpose of why a person would want to downsize into a tiny house to begin with. I guess they're trying to capitalize on someone who is looking for the novelty aspect of it all. Or a really affluent family who needs a place for their hamsters to hang out.

I've watched the tiny house shows before, and most of the people on them are only paying like 40 grand, give or take, to have one built for them. The fact that this one is 195k sort of defeats the entire purpose of why a person would want to downsize into a tiny house to begin with. I guess they're trying to capitalize on someone who is looking for the novelty aspect of it all. Or a really affluent family who needs a place for their hamsters to hang out.
There are plenty of places in that neighborhood available for a cheap price.... buy one of those and fix it up! Tiny houses are for the lazy, unless you want to be mobile..... generally it is better to just buy a camper.

Reactions: PharMorNightStocker
There are plenty of places in that neighborhood available for a cheap price.... buy one of those and fix it up! Tiny houses are for the lazy, unless you want to be mobile..... generally it is better to just buy a camper.

That price point completely defeats half the purpose of a tiny home.

I toyed with the idea of getting one for a fishing camp up in the mountains. I be damned if I pay more than $25k for it. But I'm also handy so I could start from scratch. If I wasn't handy, I would go the shed route like Dan1911 suggested.

Reactions: Dan1911
I toyed with the idea of getting one for a fishing camp up in the mountains. I be damned if I pay more than $25k for it. But I'm also handy so I could start from scratch. If I wasn't handy, I would go the shed route like Dan1911 suggested.
https://aurorahut.com/

your message made me think of this thing I saw in Helsinki last year. Those Finnish come up with all kinds of stuff.

Have you ever checked on the camp real estate? You definitely need to be handy because most that hit the market need a to of work.

You can buy an already there fishing camp in the mountains for cheap. Look around a little bit.... half of them are abandoned these days. You can buy a nice cottage in the 25k range.

Yep, I really want to build out a shed cabin on rural land someday. Use it as a camp and then live in it while I big out something bigger in retirement.

ADVERTISEMENT