ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Top Gun: Maverick

maybe it's great but it looks and sounds absolutely comical. still more realistic than tom cruise playing jack reacher, though.

Reactions: giveitarest
I know it's not a popular opinion, but I absolutely hated the original.
I didn't necessarily hate it, but I think I saw it once, like 35 years ago and never again, I barely remember what happens in it?

I didn't necessarily hate it, but I think I saw it once, like 35 years ago and never again, I barely remember what happens in it?
Tom Cruise saves the day and gets some squirrel on the side doing it.

What kind of irritates me about Top Gun is the end when he throws Goose's dog tags in the ocean. I get it, it was to show he is moving on but those werent his to throw away. His wife or his young Son who just lost his father might have appreciated having those.. Freakin Maverick throws them in the ocean.

Tom Cruise saves the day and gets some squirrel on the side doing it.

What kind of irritates me about Top Gun is the end when he throws Goose's dog tags in the ocean. I get it, it was to show he is moving on but those werent his to throw away. His wife or his young Son who just lost his father might have appreciated having those.. Freakin Maverick throws them in the ocean.
one would assume they were offered to the wife first...

it looks ridiculous, in a good way. Hearing about how they got pretty crazy with some new camera technology with this movie, absolutely cant wait.

tom cruise is like 60 years old or something. top gun came out in 1986. so he's still a fighter pilot in the navy LOOOONG after retirement age for a pilot. you're loking at 32 years + whatever experience he had in the first one.

this is less believable than cruise being jack reacher (cruise is like 5'7") and even almost less likely than being a samurai.

the reality of a guy like maverick is he literally would be flying cargo planes out of hong kong at this point in his career.

nevermind goose's kid would be around 40 and wouldn't be going through top gun training. the whole thing is a mess. but all will be forgiven if kelly mcgillis makes it on screen.

well then Meg Ryan screwed up cause the little boy should have gotten them.
I can see this apparent slight has had a deep scarring impact on you...its ok, Goose ended up on ER and everything turned out ok...Unfortunately though, his hairline now resembles that of Will Smith's wife...

tom cruise is like 60 years old or something. top gun came out in 1986. so he's still a fighter pilot in the navy LOOOONG after retirement age for a pilot. you're loking at 32 years + whatever experience he had in the first one.

this is less believable than cruise being jack reacher (cruise is like 5'7") and even almost less likely than being a samurai.

the reality of a guy like maverick is he literally would be flying cargo planes out of hong kong at this point in his career.

nevermind goose's kid would be around 40 and wouldn't be going through top gun training. the whole thing is a mess. but all will be forgiven if kelly mcgillis makes it on screen.
It'll all be forgiven if it's truly the best pure action blockbuster since Fallout like everyone is saying.

kelly mcgillis and meg ryan were not asked to be in this. unfortunately age has not been too kind to Kelly (and Meg).

kelly mcgillis and meg ryan were not asked to be in this. unfortunately age has not been too kind to Kelly (and Meg).
if in the case of Meg Ryan, if looking better than 99% of the 60 year old females on the planet is age being unkind I think most women would sign on to that cruelty...

Reactions: pitt90seven
never heard of fallout. thought it was a video game.
Mission: Impossible Fallout.

Outside of Mad Max Fury Road, Cruise has dedicated himself to making insane action movies and doing most of his own stunts. Lots of practical stunts and effects so people that like movies a lot are very happy with him at least...

Reactions: pitt90seven
She had a prior commitment. Meg will playing the Joker in the next Batman movie.
lol.

Do you know how i got these scars?

See the source image

She had a prior commitment. Meg will playing the Joker in the next Batman movie.

lol.

Do you know how i got these scars?

See the source image
geez, you guys must have some damn hot 60 year old wives...I think she looks pretty good and I think you are confusing her with Melanie Griffith who really did get butchered...

Last edited:
I may sneak into a nice quite air conditioned theater to watch this one day this week. It's at 96% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
I may sneak into a nice quite air conditioned theater to watch this one day this week. It's at 96% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Saw it...My wife is the one who dragged me to it...She absolutely loved it. I thought it ok (Star Wars Death Star mission in F-18s).

Funny, it coincided with Stranger Things coming out...Mathew Modine (back in Stranger Things) turned down the role of Maverick...No way in hell he would pull off this sequel as he now physically appears to be two weeks shy of his 87th birthday while Cruise still looks like he could play DB at Ampipe High School..

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Man you guys are being rough on Meg Ryan

she’s 60 years old for Pete’s sake.

I liked Maverick but let’s be honest… Tom Cruise…his hair color is about as real as Joe Paternos…
dir-meg-ryan-1-696x442.jpg

Meg looks good for 60, Kelly could maybe play Mrs. Santa Clause.

I disagree. I don't think she looks good for any age, because of the amount of face surgery she had done. Maybe there are some pics that put her in a better light than others, but she does not look great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT