ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tua

PittPharm2002

Heisman Candidate
Dec 21, 2021
Didn’t see this discussed
Tua even going into the second half of the bills game was dangerous - him playing yesterday is criminal
That's textbook brain stem injury posturing - forget football , his life and health are in jeopardy
Every doctor and anyone Miami official involved in playing him Thursday needs fired , fined, and held accountable

Reactions: kma0043 and DruidTM
Tua even going into the second half of the bills game was dangerous - him playing yesterday is criminal
That's textbook brain stem injury posturing - forget football , his life and health are in jeopardy
Every doctor and anyone Miami official involved in playing him Thursday needs fired , fined, and held accountable

They should force the owner to sell the franchise as well.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
If that were me I retire immediately after watching the replay. Scariest thing I've seen on a football field.

If that were me I retire immediately after watching the replay. Scariest thing I've seen on a football field.
Yeah
I mean I’m glad it turned out it was a spine injury -
But when Crosby was so injured I honestly didn’t want him to play and risk it .
Luckily he recovered -
But that fencer pose was damned Terrible to watch

Yeah
I mean I’m glad it turned out it was a spine injury -
But when Crosby was so injured I honestly didn’t want him to play and risk it .
Luckily he recovered -
But that fencer pose was damned Terrible to watch
So much more has been learned since Sid's concussion as far as treatment and stuff. But you have to wonder how much more damage or how it was exacerbated by playing the next game then getting run into the boards by Victor Hedman.

Seeing what happened to guys like Lindros, Savard, etc....Sid's lucky.

I’ve been thinking this week about that tremendous Ryan Clark interview with Mike Tomlin this past summer, where Clark was talking about wanting to play in Denver with the sickle cell trait, and had the medical clearance to do so. But Tomlin stated that his job as a leader was to have Clark’s best interest at heart even when Clark didn’t have his own best interests. Wish I remembered the whole quote and conversation.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
The NFLPA needs to prove they're something other than the weakest pro sports union here or just disband and give up. You can't let players and apparently inept or corrupt league-paid doctors decide anymore.

Reactions: Ski11585
ESPN is reporting that the doctor who cleared Tua to go back in the game last Sunday has been fired for making mistakes in his evaluation.
He's the fall guy. A trauma Neuro MD didn't make a mistake that simple. The balance issues were clearly evident on the video. That is a removal from play 100% of the time.
He didn't make a mistake in his evaluation. He made a mistake in his advice.
I saw the Dolphins statement about this saying his scans were normal so yay he's ok other than concussion. If there are findings on a CT, that is extremely bad---like head bleed bad.
I just hope this opens some eyes about the crazy aggressive return to play protocols. Head injuries are not a minor concern.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
ADVERTISEMENT