ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA - Canada Women's Gold Medal Game

Gunga_Galunga

Heisman Candidate
Jan 12, 2017
Canada is really good. I'm really impressed with how good the quality of hockey is between these two teams. USA needs to score on this 2nd power play.

were the US women as classy this time as Canada was last Olympics?

pic3.jpg

Watch this incredible winning shootout goal against one of the best goalies in women's hockey! (By the way, USA's 20 year old goalie, Maddie Rooney, was unflappable against Canada, who had won gold in the past 4 consecutive Olympics.)

Reactions: Panther Parrothead
Canada is really good. I'm really impressed with how good the quality of hockey is between these two teams. USA needs to score on this 2nd power play.
First time I felt goosebumps watching an olympic event in a long time. I can almost picture Snake Plissken giving another great pregame speech. Watching how pissed and devastated the Canadian gals were (and I see this as a normal and reflexive reaction of true competitors) and how hard they took the loss was also refreshing in an olympic era where we now celebrate placing for a bronze..

Reactions: Chaos
That was amazing, high-level hockey. Hopefully Sweden, Finland, Switzerland and a few of the other European nations can continue to develop their women's sides to make this tournament more competitive. That said, sign me up for U.S. vs. Canada in the gold medal game every four years. They never disappoint.

Reactions: Chaos and HOF Coach
I figured this game would be a tossup.

I still can’t believe the US men beat Canada twice in curling.

I fell asleep halfway through the 3rd period.... I have it recorded and plan on watching the end this evening. US goalie played her butt off. Great win!

Kessel's sister # 28 is really good.
Those ladies were beating up on eachother all game long.
Love to see that!
Great hockey players!

"save a horse ride a cowboy"
Signed: Mrs Buffett
Go CSU Rams & PITT Panthers!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT