ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Which one of these is not like the other

Fk_Pitt

Lair Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2007
in this picture, which jersey is not like the others and does not belong??

Leveon's as well, but for two years now
Always liked when yinzers cover up the name plate on the back of their outdated jerseys.

I had a buddy who had an old Duce Staley jersey that he proudly, and without care, half hazardly covered up with white medical tape, and wrote Gay on the tape.

Always liked when yinzers cover up the name plate on the back of their outdated jerseys.

I had a buddy who had an old Duce Staley jersey that he proudly, and without care, half hazardly covered up with white medical tape, and wrote Gay on the tape.
Well, that's a bold statement, have to give him that...

Il say the Bell and Brown shirts may be discounted but not significantly so (but I haven't been in the store for a couple weeks). Steeler merch holds it's value in yinzburgh for sure.

I was in a Dunhams at Christmas and they still had a Rashad Mendenhall Jersey of all things. And while on clearance, it was still like 25 bucks!

I recently saw a Burress and a Wallace jersey on a rack at TJ Maxx. At what point do the retailers give up?
For nearly 3 years maybe more there has been a lonely LA Rams cap at the Kohls in the NH. I go in there maybe 3 times a year but now make a point to check the caps section to look for it. There it always is, obscure corner of the wall. Not even the SB coerced anyone to buy it. They have no other NFL team cap, other than Steelers, for sale so it had to have been a shipping error, one thinks. But they ain't giving up on it.

Well, that's a bold statement, have to give him that...

Il say the Bell and Brown shirts may be discounted but not significantly so (but I haven't been in the store for a couple weeks). Steeler merch holds it's value in yinzburgh for sure.

I was in a Dunhams at Christmas and they still had a Rashad Mendenhall Jersey of all things. And while on clearance, it was still like 25 bucks!
Wow!

A couple of year ago, the sports store inside Parkway Center Mall had their store closing event. Everything in the store had to go. They moved everything off site and into the old Hollywood video storefront on the other side of the parking lot. I’m not one to wear jerseys, but I though if the price was right, I’d buy the most obscure jersey possible. They had Daniel Sepulveda jerseys and stuff like that. Nothing struck my pallet though and I didn’t buy anything. I was itching to buy a Porter jersey though. I believe it was the week after he walked on the field in the Cincy playoff game. But for whatever reason, the Porter jersey was still holding its value and I couldn’t justify buying it for what they were asking.

Reactions: HOF Coach
I recently saw a Burress and a Wallace jersey on a rack at TJ Maxx. At what point do the retailers give up?
I always liked Plaxico. He was widely misunderstood. If that jersey were the right size, I’d have to pick it up.

Wow!

A couple of year ago, the sports store inside Parkway Center Mall had their store closing event. Everything in the store had to go. They moved everything off site and into the old Hollywood video storefront on the other side of the parking lot. I’m not one to wear jerseys, but I though if the price was right, I’d buy the most obscure jersey possible. They had Daniel Sepulveda jerseys and stuff like that. Nothing struck my pallet though and I didn’t buy anything. I was itching to buy a Porter jersey though. I believe it was the week after he walked on the field in the Cincy playoff game. But for whatever reason, the Porter jersey was still holding its value and I couldn’t justify buying it for what they were asking.
To be fair the Dunhams I mentioned still has some torch cut Pittsburgh junk for sale there, gotta be 20 years old, still at list price... crazy. So perhaps retail in general around here is just sloppy and lazy, not Steelers centric.

One thing that may ultimately have been smart for them is that they stubbornly kept a Niners Kaepernick Jersey on their display. I'd say it was political statement but it had been there for like 3 or 4 years. Maybe once he's Senator Kaepernick it will reward em, lol.

Bought a nice black Pirate hat with the golden P on the front in a bargain bin at Dick's for $3.00!
Ashamed/Afraid to wear it!!

Bought a nice black Pirate hat with the golden P on the front in a bargain bin at Dick's for $3.00!
Ashamed/Afraid to wear it!!
Oh my, Dicks at Mccandless? I bought a similar for the same price, mine was khaki with a plain classic P, though How could you pass that up? I think I saw the black cap variant you mentioned too. But black caps of any team are a little too Ice Cube for me. I lack cred to pull that look off. Wife got me a black Pitt cap with Gold script a while back, nearly pulled it out for the black out hoops game last week, but couldn't do it in the end. :D

I bought a Pitt football jersey in Ross in Sanford, FL for $7.
Was it a Dion Lewis 2010 Nike industrial alternate jersey? The Ross here were rocking those in their clearance section for a long time. Nike must have made a ton of those and not even unfortunate people in Mali were willing to take em with the Nashville Predators and LA Rams World Champions shirts...

For about 6 years before his health got too bad I took my elderly friend/neighbor to the Pitt games. One season,2013?, early on, he bought a real nice Pitt hat that was on sale, for, I think $5(it may have been $10) at the stadium, anyway he was really happy to get it. About the third quarter I realized why it was so cheap as it had Big East embroidered on the side, he still wears it and I doubt he knows the difference.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT