ADVERTISEMENT

OT : Winter Classic

Bobby Orr “throwing” out the first pitch. That’s very cool too.

Well done Boston. I still don’t like you but kudos anyway.

Fenway Park organist playing “In Between Days” by the Cure.

Boston is really winning me over today.

So the rest of New Edition (Johnny Gill, Ralph Tresvant and Bobby Brown) weren’t available? The NHL with another missed opportunity.
New edition played at New Year’s Eve in nyc. I’m not sure if Bobby Brown was there, they all had sun glasses on and winter hats.

I was actually a huge new edition fan.

New edition played at New Year’s Eve in nyc. I’m not sure if Bobby Brown was there, they all had sun glasses on and winter hats.

Whoa! I missed that. I’ll check YouTube. Thanks for the heads up.

Whoa! I missed that. I’ll check YouTube. Thanks for the heads up.
They sang “if it isn’t love”. Pretty good. There were 5 of them do I’m guessing Bobby Brown was there.

Btw, I have no clue who Ciara is before two nights ago but she was the host and man is she insanely hot.

Wow! I see they are promoting a major arena tour with Keith Sweat and Guy! No Pittsburgh stop at this point though.

They sang “if it isn’t love”. Pretty good. There were 5 of them do I’m guessing Bobby Brown was there.

Btw, I have no clue who Ciara is before two nights ago but she was the host and man is she insanely hot.
All I was able to find is them performing Johnny Gills “Rub You the Right Way”.

And yeah she’s sharp. She’s married to Russell Wilson I think.

Saw that. Bobby was def part of it. They let him do a little “My Prerogative”. In fact the songs were all snippets of solo hits of the individuals after the group broke up…also performed“Poison” and “Rub You The Right Way”… either way each song was a pretty dang good jam during the glory of the Donzi’s era here. As mentioned it was a medley so not enough time to get sick of them.

Later, they brought out Duran Duran too. Simon LeBon looked … certainly not like he looked in 1984. But who does? And they sounded pretty good. A group I had to pretend I didn’t like back in the day to maintain a semblance of man cred.

And yeah Ciara’s sort-of outfit was amazing. She might have sung something, but I didn’t notice.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Saw that. Bobby was def part of it. They let him do a little “My Prerogative”. In fact the songs were all snippets of solo hits of the individuals after the group broke up…also performed“Poison” and “Rub You The Right Way”… either way each song was a pretty dang good jam during the glory of the Donzi’s era here. As mentioned it was a medley so not enough time to get sick of them.

Later, they brought out Duran Duran too. Simon LeBon looked … certainly not like he looked in 1984. But who does? And they sounded pretty good. A group I had to pretend I didn’t like back in the day to maintain a semblance of man cred.

And yeah Ciara’s sort-of outfit was amazing. She might have sung something, but I didn’t notice.
I saw Johnny Gill, Keith Sweat and Bell Biv Devoe at the civic arena back in the day. Ironic that they are all touring again together. Back then I couldn’t wait for a reunion of all the members. Ralph Tresvant was my favorite NE member. But the reunion never happened.

I looked up tickets for the current tour and I’m not going to another city like Charlotte or Vegas to see a bunch of guys pushing 60 and past their prime. Tickets in the upper levels are like $90. That phase of my life is over, but I think I’m going to put a Guy playlist on in my car for my evening commute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT